The Xbox360 backward-compatibility mess....

Last response: in Video Games
June 16, 2005 7:48:47 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

See:-

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562

The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
all the applications with every upgrade....

John Lewis
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 7:48:48 PM

i own a yacht wrote:
> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Inglo <ioo@??.???> wrote:
>
> > Like no one's ever had PC game compatibility issues.
>
> john lewis even keeps old hardware around just so he can play old games.
>
> what a friggin' moron. i'm starting to suspect multiple personality
> disorder.

Hehe.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:07:06 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

I would've said that who cares if you can't play older games, but I have
been playing Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge lately as well as Ravenshield.
Ultimately though, don't PC's with MS OS's still have the same problem?
Let's see you run Duke Nuke 'Em, Terminator: Future Shock or even the
original Doom on any NT-based MS OS -- especially if you're using NTFS.

--
there is no .sig
> See:-
>
> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562
>
> The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
> all the applications with every upgrade....
>
> John Lewis
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:07:07 PM

"Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I would've said that who cares if you can't play older games, but I have
> been playing Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge lately as well as Ravenshield.
> Ultimately though, don't PC's with MS OS's still have the same problem?
> Let's see you run Duke Nuke 'Em, Terminator: Future Shock or even the
> original Doom on any NT-based MS OS -- especially if you're using NTFS.

I can still run many games that are over 5 years old on a PC. Sometimes
it does take a little tinkering, though.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:25:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On 6/16/2005 8:48 AM John Lewis brightened our day with:

>See:-
>
>http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562
>
>The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
>all the applications with every upgrade....
>
>John Lewis

I don't get your point, the article is about how they're going about
getting backwards compatibility to work. I'm pretty confident games
like Halo 1&2, KotoR 1&2 and other XBox games I own will play fine on
the XBox360.
Like no one's ever had PC game compatibility issues. There are games
I've given up on for months waiting for driver issues to be resolved.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:17:30 PM

"Magnulus" <magnulus@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I would've said that who cares if you can't play older games, but I have
>> been playing Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge lately as well as Ravenshield.
>> Ultimately though, don't PC's with MS OS's still have the same problem?
>> Let's see you run Duke Nuke 'Em, Terminator: Future Shock or even the
>> original Doom on any NT-based MS OS -- especially if you're using NTFS.
>
> I can still run many games that are over 5 years old on a PC. Sometimes
> it does take a little tinkering, though.

Start>All Programs>Accessories>Program Compatibility Wizard

Tinker around here. You'll be surprised at what you can get to run doing
this.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 12:02:45 AM

John Lewis wrote:
> I would suggest that you
> adopt the "SHOW ME"
> attitude to any Xbox360
> purchase

Here, here! Let's wait and see whether the Xbox360 is capable of
backwards compability at launch before we start harping on about it
like you are now.

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np:

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:07:06 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:

>I would've said that who cares if you can't play older games, but I have
>been playing Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge lately as well as Ravenshield.
>Ultimately though, don't PC's with MS OS's still have the same problem?
>Let's see you run Duke Nuke 'Em, Terminator: Future Shock or even the
>original Doom on any NT-based MS OS -- especially if you're using NTFS.

You are comparing 13 years old PC games to previous-generation (0-5
years) console games.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 9:27:15 AM

On 16 Jun 2005 12:38:04 -0700, flightlessvacuum@gmail.com wrote:

>i own a yacht wrote:
>> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Inglo <ioo@??.???> wrote:
>>
>> > Like no one's ever had PC game compatibility issues.
>>
>> john lewis even keeps old hardware around just so he can play old games.
>>
>> what a friggin' moron. i'm starting to suspect multiple personality
>> disorder.
>
>Hehe.

Is mindlessvacuum@gmail.com a cousin to Sailor ?

John Lewis
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 10:28:55 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

> See:-
>
> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562
>
> The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
> all the applications with every upgrade....
>
> John Lewis

who cares? i'm buying xbox 2 for xbox 2 games, not xbox games.
June 17, 2005 10:49:18 AM

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:01:40 GMT, jussi <jussi@hopmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:07:06 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>I would've said that who cares if you can't play older games, but I have
>>been playing Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge lately as well as Ravenshield.
>>Ultimately though, don't PC's with MS OS's still have the same problem?
>>Let's see you run Duke Nuke 'Em, Terminator: Future Shock or even the
>>original Doom on any NT-based MS OS -- especially if you're using NTFS.
>
>You are comparing 13 years old PC games to previous-generation (0-5
>years) console games.

That's the point, his PC is backwards compatible.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 8:23:42 PM

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:44:14 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net>
wrote:

>In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action jussi <jussi@hopmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Who pissed in your flakes? It is not uncommon for gamers, who also
>> like older games, to keep their older PC or console around in order to
>> play them properly. PC DOS game emulators still don't emulate Roland
>> MT-32 or SCC-1 properly, for example.
>
>thanks for the history lesson. it's also fairly common for blowhards
>like john lewis to whine when they need to use special software or older
>hardware to use older software even though they keep 4+ computers
>around just to do the same thing.

Actually, I really only need the 2 PCs, since the PC Amiga emulator
runs most of the Amiga games just fine in which I have any interest.
However, parallelism is very convenient and I have spare Amiga
monitors that double up as TV monitors :-) :-)

Got any consoles with great emulators ?

2 PCs spanning 20 years of great gaming --- not bad. Tell me
about the 2 consoles that do that.....

John Lewis
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 8:53:38 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

It's not important. Keep your old XFLop for backward compatibility.

It's important. What if the XFLop dies and you don't want an ebay
ripoff replacement since XFLop isn't made anymore.

It's not important. Just get the new games.

It's important. There aren't many new games at the beginning plus there
are older games worth keeping and playing.

It's not important. The PowerPC and ATI GPU won't be able to run the
Intel and Nvidia GPU code natively, so forget it.

It's important. It is so important, xflop 1.5 full circle will pay
Nvidia royalty rights to use GPU code for the life of the console plus
develop an emulator and provide patches for the original games to run
under the emulator.

It's not important. The emulator and patched games won't run all the
games perfectly, so don't expect much.

It's important. Since the emulator and patching won't allow full
compatibility, some of the top seller titles will be ported over
completely to the PowerPC and ATI GPU. People will be willing to re-buy
these games to have "backward" compatibility.

And so on... It might help if the xflop 1.5 full circle could make up
its mind but that would be expecting too much. This situation doesn't
apply to the Playstation3 or the Nintendo Revolution. The Playstation2
was backwardly compatible with the Playstation and the Playstation 3
will be backwardly compatible with the Playstation 2 and the
Playstation. Plain and simple.

> See:-
>
> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562
>
> The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
> all the applications with every upgrade....
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 8:30:37 PM

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:48:47 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
wrote:

>See:-
>
>http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562
>
>The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
>all the applications with every upgrade....
>
>John Lewis

Here is a followup article:-

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/feature.php?aid=9591

M$$ has got themselves a real Catch22 of their own making.
They set the launch for the Christmas season. There will be very few
Xbox360 titles of any note available by that time.

If M$$ continues with their flaky backward-compatibility plans, many
Thanksgiving/Christmas shoppers will buy new Xbox game titles
expecting them to also work perfectly on the Xbox360. And when they
don't, expect a huge backlash.

Just before the buying season, M$$ should issue a definitive list
of Xbox games, both current and upcoming GUARANTEED to work
on the Xbox360. Then buyers can make the ultimate decision
themselves --- of course those games not on the list will potentially

have negatively-impacted sales.

And how could M$$ guarantee compatibility ?. Junk the download
patch-emulation nonsense and just make replacement compatible
DVDs available on a free-exchange basis to current purchasers
of games on the list. Also they could sell the Xbox360 version
of the most popular existing Xbox titles ( Halo, Halo2, Jade Empire
etc ) as Platinum ( budget) Xbox 360 titles.

Recompiling Microsoft Studios Xbox games for the Xbox360
should be easy, with nVidia's license and access to source.
For the most popular 3rd-party titles, M$$ could provide the
trancoding tools for free to the developers and subsidize the
disc exchange.

The proposal to try to patch the Xbox360 with downloadable
profiles is technical nonsense and fraught with practical problems.

Meanwhile Sony can sit back and learn from M$$'s mess.
Sony have very wisely chosen to release the PS3 during the
slack season... so if the schedule slips a month or two little harm is
done. If the Xbox360 slips Thanksgiving after all the advance
publicity ( and expectation in the software retail channel ) M$$ will
have major egg on its face. And a bunch of very angry retailers.

Nice to have a PC for gaming and be insulated from all this nonsense.

John Lewis
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 9:33:16 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Blig Merk Full Circle:

> It's not important.

Do you ever wonder what you'd be able to accomplish with your life if you
devoted as much time and energy to something worthwhile as you devote to
scribbling posts on Usenet about a piece of consumer electronics that you've
never seen or owned?

Of course that assumes that there actually could be something worthwhile in
your life. No wonder you spend so much time doing this instead.

> And so on... It might help if the xflop 1.5 full circle could make up
> its mind

And here we see evidence of the psychosis: Bligmerk perceives the Xbox as an
actual living entity. Oh, he knows it's not ALIVE, but it occupies such a
place of fear and power in his mind that, in essence, it may as well be.
I'll bet he quite literally dreams about it at night. Sad.

> Playstation 3
> will be backwardly compatible with the Playstation 2

Ah, but will it? Now Sony is saying it will involve hardware and software
emulation. And as soon as you introduce software emulation into the picture,
you start running into games that won't work properly. There is no
PS2-on-a-chip included in the PS3, and it goes without saying that the
hardware is radically different. So just how backwards compatible will it
be?

The whole thing is so shortsighted anyway. A year into a console's life,
when the shelves are full of quality games, backwards compatibility becomes
a non-issue. Nobody is going to buy an Xbox 360 in 2007 in order to play
Xbox games on it.

-Z-
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 6:02:42 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:54:54 -0600, "Hank the Rapper"
<xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

>John Lewis wrote:
>
>> M$$
>> M$$
>> M$$
>> M$$
>> M$$
>> M$$'s
>> M$$
>
>http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20020722l.gif

LOL..........

Think of the bandwidth that I save. Maybe I'll reduce it to M$, as
suggested --- to save some more.

Not that I have too much personally against Microsoft. I am just
a lazy typist -- and their Xbox360 strategy currently sux. It won't
even have any form of HDTV-rom or -video player, in spite of it
claiming to be a HDTV-compatible machine.

John Lewis

--

John Lewis

"Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 4:02:09 PM

Quoth The Raven "Blig Merk"<blig_murk@yahoo.com> in
1119095618.025833.211000@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
> It's not important. Keep your old XFLop for backward compatibility.

to me its important, I never bought the original xbox even though I wanted
the buffy games, I waited to see if there was a pc emulator for xbox, but
that never happened, but I will definitely buy the xbox360 so I want those
games to be compatible with the new box

--
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that
you end up being governed by your inferiors. - (Plato)

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 4:02:10 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:02:09 +1000, "Highlandish"
<ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

>Quoth The Raven "Blig Merk"<blig_murk@yahoo.com> in
>1119095618.025833.211000@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
>> It's not important. Keep your old XFLop for backward compatibility.
>
>to me its important, I never bought the original xbox even though I wanted
>the buffy games, I waited to see if there was a pc emulator for xbox, but
>that never happened, but I will definitely buy the xbox360 so I want those
>games to be compatible with the new box

Won't, except with a few current Xbox games... read between the lines
of the articles and Microsoft's posturing... they are in deep trouble
with backward compatibility, ever since they parted company with
nVidia and Intel and now they are flip-flopping frantically....

And Sony is probably grinning from ear-to-ear, because at the
minimum they will only need to offer their customers the same level
of compatibility that the Xbox achieves. They may actually do
much better, since they have more-or-less planned PS3
backward-compatibility from the beginning. And since Sony is
intimately technically familiar with the PS2 hardware design, the
transition should be easier than for Microsoft who effectively
contracted out the hardware and driver design of the Xbox.

--

John Lewis

"Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 11:56:12 PM

i own a yacht wrote:

> how long have you been blig merk's bitch now, anyways? has to have
> been a few years now, easy.

It's all part of the game, sunshine. And I like to think of myself more as
his parole officer.

-Z-
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 4:13:45 PM

"i own a yacht" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>>> It's not important.
>>
>> Of course that assumes that there actually could be something worthwhile
>> in
>> your life. No wonder you spend so much time doing this instead.
>
> and that says about you, constantly nipping at his heels like you're
> having any affect on him whatsoever?
>
> how long have you been blig merk's bitch now, anyways? has to have been
> a few years now, easy.

Lap dog's what he is. Completely clueless about it, too.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 7:50:06 PM

Zackman wrote:
> The whole thing is so shortsighted anyway. A year into a console's life,
> when the shelves are full of quality games, backwards compatibility becomes
> a non-issue. Nobody is going to buy an Xbox 360 in 2007 in order to play
> Xbox games on it.
>
> -Z-

To be fair, I purchased PS1 games in 2004 to play on my PS2. I
purchased a couple different Final Fantasy anthologies and a couple
other random games. Got them off Amazon and eBay. So I wouldn't
consider backward compatability shortsighted in the least. It's a big
plus for me, and factored into my decision to purchase a PS2 at launch.
I'd hate to have to dig out my PS2 in 2007 just because I'm in the
mood to replay FFX or Rachet & Clank.

--
Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!

Fred Liken wrote:

> Lap dog's what he is. Completely clueless about it, too.

Guess that makes you my bitch, eh Freddie? Just can't stay away, can you?
Please, try harder.

-Z-
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 9:53:04 PM

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
news:o bOdnXJrN5zB3irfRVn-sA@giganews.com...

>> Lap dog's what he is. Completely clueless about it, too.
>
> Guess that makes you my bitch, eh Freddie? Just can't stay away, can you?
> Please, try harder.

Whatever! If that makes me your bitch, so be it, as long as it's
acknowledged that you are Bigmlerk's number one bitch boy!
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:51:03 PM

Zackcrybabybitch wrote:
> It's all part of the game, sunshine. And I like to think of myself more as
> his parole officer.

This statement is so senseless, it is idiotic, even for a well
established idiot like you. You also like to think of yourself as
Napoleon, a channeled 30,000 year old warrior princess and Will Smith's
toilet... and that isn't the end of your multiple psycho-schizo
personalities, Sybil.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:25:36 AM

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Zackcrybabybitch wrote:
>> It's all part of the game, sunshine. And I like to think of myself more
>> as
>> his parole officer.
>
> This statement is so senseless, it is idiotic, even for a well
> established idiot like you. You also like to think of yourself as
> Napoleon, a channeled 30,000 year old warrior princess and Will Smith's
> toilet... and that isn't the end of your multiple psycho-schizo
> personalities, Sybil.

I am neutral but wft is a 30,000 year old warrior princess? Doesn't that
pre-date science? And then the Will Smith thing....weird.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:59:39 AM

Fred Liken wrote:

> Whatever! If that makes me your bitch, so be it, as long as it's
> acknowledged that you are Bigmlerk's number one bitch boy!

Why don't we eliminate the middleman and just have you acknowledge that
you're Bligmerk's bitch.

-Z-
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 9:30:31 AM

Fred Liken wrote:
> "i own a yacht" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> >> Of course that assumes that there actually could be something worthwhile
> >> in
> >> your life. No wonder you spend so much time doing this instead.
> >
> > and that says about you, constantly nipping at his heels like you're
> > having any affect on him whatsoever?
> >
> > how long have you been blig merk's bitch now, anyways? has to have been
> > a few years now, easy.
>
> Lap dog's what he is. Completely clueless about it, too.

You're an idiot sometimes.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:13:58 PM

Zackman wrote:

> A 30,000 year old princess?

Yeah, that's a riddle.

> Will Smith's toilet?

See also: Jada Pinkett's cakehole?

"Your mouth would make an interesting urinal!"

> I've never understood the "Sybil" thing.

Aw, c'mon, Zack... <http://imdb.com/title/tt0075296/&gt;

It's a wonder Bilgecunt uses the reference at all. He must be a big
Sally Field fan.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 2:57:02 PM

> Fred Liken wrote:
>
>> Whatever! If that makes me your bitch, so be it, as long as it's
>> acknowledged that you are Bigmlerk's number one bitch boy!
>
> Why don't we eliminate the middleman and just have you acknowledge that
> you're Bligmerk's bitch.

Sorry, that doesn't make sense.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 3:23:02 PM

> Every time I convince myself he's some luckless 13-year-old dweeb who gets
> bullied at school and takes out his frustrations on Usenet,

Like you?
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:59:01 PM

"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Blig Merk wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Bligmerk, have I ever told you about my cousin Earl? Cousin Earl, he lives
> out on Route 13 out on that maggot farm. Earl don't like it when you get

TL/DR
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 5:45:01 PM

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Blig Merk wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Bligmerk, have I ever told you about my cousin Earl? Cousin Earl, he
>> lives
>> out on Route 13 out on that maggot farm. Earl don't like it when you get
>
> TL/DR (Too long/Didn't read)

What Fred meant to say was:

TL/DKHTRGMI (Too Long/Don't know how to read, gonna masturbate instead)
June 22, 2005 6:29:05 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In either case, I never know what the hell you're saying. Do you
subscibe to Chat Room Acronyms Weekly or something?
June 22, 2005 6:46:13 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

>Fred Liken wrote:
> I'm just not a Usenet newbie. Don't worry, you'll learn.

I'd rather not, thanks

bydkpbimb (but yer da kewlest pasty boy in mommy's basement).
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 7:18:48 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) thought that a good way to
threaten somebody was to light a stick of dynamite, then call the
guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone and say:

> Got any consoles with great emulators ?

Well, the XBox runs a ton of emulators. :-)
http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/Downloads.shtml

--
Ajay Tanwar | MCSE | ajtanwar@spam.yahoo.com
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people

"theOne" <theone.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In either case, I never know what the hell you're saying. Do you
> subscibe to Chat Room Acronyms Weekly or something?

He subscribes to Acronyms for Virgins Who Need More Time Alone monthly.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:40:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"theOne" <theone.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message

> In either case, I never know what the hell you're saying. Do you
> subscibe to Chat Room Acronyms Weekly or something?

I'm just not a Usenet newbie. Don't worry, you'll learn.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 10:34:14 PM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:18:48 GMT, Ajay Tanwar <ajtanwar@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) thought that a good way to
>threaten somebody was to light a stick of dynamite, then call the
>guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone and say:
>
>> Got any consoles with great emulators ?
>
>Well, the XBox runs a ton of emulators. :-)

>http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/Downloads.shtml

after modding to a pretend-PC.... life is too short........

--

John Lewis

"Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 12:05:34 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) thought that a good way to threaten
somebody was to light a stick of dynamite, then call the guy and hold
the burning fuse up to the phone and say:

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:18:48 GMT, Ajay Tanwar <ajtanwar@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) thought that a good way to
>>threaten somebody was to light a stick of dynamite, then call the
>>guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone and say:
>>
>>> Got any consoles with great emulators ?
>>
>>Well, the XBox runs a ton of emulators. :-)
>
>>http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/Downloads.shtml
>>

> after modding to a pretend-PC.... life is too short........

Yet it's long enough to build your own PC and install and maintain
your software and drivers?

If you don't enjoy mucking about with hardware, you might want to
check into console gaming <grin>.

--
Ajay Tanwar | MCSE | ajtanwar@spam.yahoo.com
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people
in large groups." -Despair.com
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 5:27:29 PM

i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> thought that a good way to threaten
somebody was to light a stick of dynamite, then call the guy and
hold the burning fuse up to the phone and say:

> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Ajay Tanwar <ajtanwar@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) thought that a good way to
>> threaten
>>>
>>> after modding to a pretend-PC.... life is too short........
>>
>> Yet it's long enough to build your own PC and install and
>> maintain your software and drivers?
>
> owned. john lewis's inconsistency strikes again.

Sorry, not trying to 0wn anyone, just making friendly little jab at
John's PC-centric gaming. See the <grin>?

BTW, your mother is a gerbil and your father smells of cabbage
<grin>. See how that works? :-D

--
Ajay Tanwar | MCSE | ajtanwar@spam.yahoo.com
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people
in large groups." -Despair.com
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 6:18:32 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> once tried to test me with:

> That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
> exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
> types of food do you enjoy?

That steak egg and cheese bagel is pretty good, but eating one probably
takes about a year off your life, it's so unhealthy. Talk about grease!

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 6:18:33 AM

"Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> once tried to test me with:
>
>> That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
>> exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
>> types of food do you enjoy?
>
> That steak egg and cheese bagel is pretty good, but eating one probably
> takes about a year off your life, it's so unhealthy. Talk about grease!

No more unhealthy than an IHOP breakfast or one from Denny's or Village Inn.
> --
>
> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>
> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 7:59:11 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

On 30 Jun 2005 02:18:32 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> Gave us:

>theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> once tried to test me with:
>
>> That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
>> exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
>> types of food do you enjoy?
>
>That steak egg and cheese bagel is pretty good, but eating one probably
>takes about a year off your life, it's so unhealthy. Talk about grease!

Hope you know more about Xbox than you do about nutrition.

If someone eats a hundred of them, do they cease to exist?
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 8:15:11 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:55:27 -0400, "The_Rock" <sweetvee1@hotmail.com>
Gave us:

>What cultural are you from the McDonalds is considered being culturally
>diverse?

Jeez, you'll have to form the sentence a bit better than that, so we
can be sure what you are getting at...
June 30, 2005 10:27:42 AM

TokaMundo wrote:
> On 30 Jun 2005 02:18:32 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> Gave us:
>

>>theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> once tried to test me with:
>>

>>>That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
>>>exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
>>>types of food do you enjoy?
>>
>>That steak egg and cheese bagel is pretty good, but eating one probably
>>takes about a year off your life, it's so unhealthy. Talk about grease!
>

> Hope you know more about Xbox than you do about nutrition.
>
> If someone eats a hundred of them, do they cease to exist?

Jesus dude, you're really going to come into every thread now and flame
aren't you? Man, oh man your feelings must really be in a conundrum
right now! Poor wittle baby is just looking for some friends and
attention.....awwwwwww!
June 30, 2005 10:34:19 AM

The_Rock wrote:
> What cultural are you from the McDonalds is considered being culturally
> diverse?

me from dee planet of linear thought. if mee use sentence with mcDonalds
and cultural togeter, me must mean that mcdonalds is culturally diverse
huh? may i pease have a biscuit, tank you drive fruu!
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:53:06 PM

"TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message
> On 30 Jun 2005 02:18:32 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> Gave us:
>
>>theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> once tried to test me with:
>>
>>> That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
>>> exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
>>> types of food do you enjoy?
>>
>>That steak egg and cheese bagel is pretty good, but eating one probably
>>takes about a year off your life, it's so unhealthy. Talk about grease!
>
> Hope you know more about Xbox than you do about nutrition.
>
> If someone eats a hundred of them, do they cease to exist?

Watch the movie super size me.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:11:39 PM

Thusly theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> Spake Unto All:
<pointless blather deleted>

Ah, trolls. I thought they were on summer vacation by now.

Oh well, in the filter you go.
June 30, 2005 4:34:51 PM

GMAN wrote:

>>That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
>>exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
>>types of food do you enjoy?
>>

> Thats NOT juice, that is grease!!!!

YUMMMMM....Gonnna go clog my pipes this morning with that grease!
!