The Xbox360 backward-compatibility mess....

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

See:-

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562

The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
all the applications with every upgrade....

John Lewis
85 answers Last reply
More about xbox360 backward compatibility mess
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    i own a yacht wrote:
    > In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Inglo <ioo@??.???> wrote:
    >
    > > Like no one's ever had PC game compatibility issues.
    >
    > john lewis even keeps old hardware around just so he can play old games.
    >
    > what a friggin' moron. i'm starting to suspect multiple personality
    > disorder.

    Hehe.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    I would've said that who cares if you can't play older games, but I have
    been playing Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge lately as well as Ravenshield.
    Ultimately though, don't PC's with MS OS's still have the same problem?
    Let's see you run Duke Nuke 'Em, Terminator: Future Shock or even the
    original Doom on any NT-based MS OS -- especially if you're using NTFS.

    --
    there is no .sig
    > See:-
    >
    > http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562
    >
    > The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
    > all the applications with every upgrade....
    >
    > John Lewis
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I would've said that who cares if you can't play older games, but I have
    > been playing Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge lately as well as Ravenshield.
    > Ultimately though, don't PC's with MS OS's still have the same problem?
    > Let's see you run Duke Nuke 'Em, Terminator: Future Shock or even the
    > original Doom on any NT-based MS OS -- especially if you're using NTFS.

    I can still run many games that are over 5 years old on a PC. Sometimes
    it does take a little tinkering, though.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On 6/16/2005 8:48 AM John Lewis brightened our day with:

    >See:-
    >
    >http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562
    >
    >The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
    >all the applications with every upgrade....
    >
    >John Lewis

    I don't get your point, the article is about how they're going about
    getting backwards compatibility to work. I'm pretty confident games
    like Halo 1&2, KotoR 1&2 and other XBox games I own will play fine on
    the XBox360.
    Like no one's ever had PC game compatibility issues. There are games
    I've given up on for months waiting for driver issues to be resolved.

    --
    "I don't feel tardy"

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    "Magnulus" <magnulus@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

    > "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> I would've said that who cares if you can't play older games, but I have
    >> been playing Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge lately as well as Ravenshield.
    >> Ultimately though, don't PC's with MS OS's still have the same problem?
    >> Let's see you run Duke Nuke 'Em, Terminator: Future Shock or even the
    >> original Doom on any NT-based MS OS -- especially if you're using NTFS.
    >
    > I can still run many games that are over 5 years old on a PC. Sometimes
    > it does take a little tinkering, though.

    Start>All Programs>Accessories>Program Compatibility Wizard

    Tinker around here. You'll be surprised at what you can get to run doing
    this.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    John Lewis wrote:
    > I would suggest that you
    > adopt the "SHOW ME"
    > attitude to any Xbox360
    > purchase

    Here, here! Let's wait and see whether the Xbox360 is capable of
    backwards compability at launch before we start harping on about it
    like you are now.

    --
    Best Regards, mattchu
    np:

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:07:06 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:

    >I would've said that who cares if you can't play older games, but I have
    >been playing Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge lately as well as Ravenshield.
    >Ultimately though, don't PC's with MS OS's still have the same problem?
    >Let's see you run Duke Nuke 'Em, Terminator: Future Shock or even the
    >original Doom on any NT-based MS OS -- especially if you're using NTFS.

    You are comparing 13 years old PC games to previous-generation (0-5
    years) console games.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On 16 Jun 2005 12:38:04 -0700, flightlessvacuum@gmail.com wrote:

    >i own a yacht wrote:
    >> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Inglo <ioo@??.???> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Like no one's ever had PC game compatibility issues.
    >>
    >> john lewis even keeps old hardware around just so he can play old games.
    >>
    >> what a friggin' moron. i'm starting to suspect multiple personality
    >> disorder.
    >
    >Hehe.

    Is mindlessvacuum@gmail.com a cousin to Sailor ?

    John Lewis
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    > See:-
    >
    > http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562
    >
    > The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
    > all the applications with every upgrade....
    >
    > John Lewis

    who cares? i'm buying xbox 2 for xbox 2 games, not xbox games.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:01:40 GMT, jussi <jussi@hopmail.com> wrote:

    >On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:07:06 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I would've said that who cares if you can't play older games, but I have
    >>been playing Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge lately as well as Ravenshield.
    >>Ultimately though, don't PC's with MS OS's still have the same problem?
    >>Let's see you run Duke Nuke 'Em, Terminator: Future Shock or even the
    >>original Doom on any NT-based MS OS -- especially if you're using NTFS.
    >
    >You are comparing 13 years old PC games to previous-generation (0-5
    >years) console games.

    That's the point, his PC is backwards compatible.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:44:14 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net>
    wrote:

    >In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action jussi <jussi@hopmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Who pissed in your flakes? It is not uncommon for gamers, who also
    >> like older games, to keep their older PC or console around in order to
    >> play them properly. PC DOS game emulators still don't emulate Roland
    >> MT-32 or SCC-1 properly, for example.
    >
    >thanks for the history lesson. it's also fairly common for blowhards
    >like john lewis to whine when they need to use special software or older
    >hardware to use older software even though they keep 4+ computers
    >around just to do the same thing.

    Actually, I really only need the 2 PCs, since the PC Amiga emulator
    runs most of the Amiga games just fine in which I have any interest.
    However, parallelism is very convenient and I have spare Amiga
    monitors that double up as TV monitors :-) :-)

    Got any consoles with great emulators ?

    2 PCs spanning 20 years of great gaming --- not bad. Tell me
    about the 2 consoles that do that.....

    John Lewis
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    It's not important. Keep your old XFLop for backward compatibility.

    It's important. What if the XFLop dies and you don't want an ebay
    ripoff replacement since XFLop isn't made anymore.

    It's not important. Just get the new games.

    It's important. There aren't many new games at the beginning plus there
    are older games worth keeping and playing.

    It's not important. The PowerPC and ATI GPU won't be able to run the
    Intel and Nvidia GPU code natively, so forget it.

    It's important. It is so important, xflop 1.5 full circle will pay
    Nvidia royalty rights to use GPU code for the life of the console plus
    develop an emulator and provide patches for the original games to run
    under the emulator.

    It's not important. The emulator and patched games won't run all the
    games perfectly, so don't expect much.

    It's important. Since the emulator and patching won't allow full
    compatibility, some of the top seller titles will be ported over
    completely to the PowerPC and ATI GPU. People will be willing to re-buy
    these games to have "backward" compatibility.

    And so on... It might help if the xflop 1.5 full circle could make up
    its mind but that would be expecting too much. This situation doesn't
    apply to the Playstation3 or the Nintendo Revolution. The Playstation2
    was backwardly compatible with the Playstation and the Playstation 3
    will be backwardly compatible with the Playstation 2 and the
    Playstation. Plain and simple.

    > See:-
    >
    > http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562
    >
    > The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
    > all the applications with every upgrade....
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:48:47 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
    wrote:

    >See:-
    >
    >http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9562
    >
    >The PC certainly has its advantages - not having to throw out
    >all the applications with every upgrade....
    >
    >John Lewis

    Here is a followup article:-

    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/feature.php?aid=9591

    M$$ has got themselves a real Catch22 of their own making.
    They set the launch for the Christmas season. There will be very few
    Xbox360 titles of any note available by that time.

    If M$$ continues with their flaky backward-compatibility plans, many
    Thanksgiving/Christmas shoppers will buy new Xbox game titles
    expecting them to also work perfectly on the Xbox360. And when they
    don't, expect a huge backlash.

    Just before the buying season, M$$ should issue a definitive list
    of Xbox games, both current and upcoming GUARANTEED to work
    on the Xbox360. Then buyers can make the ultimate decision
    themselves --- of course those games not on the list will potentially

    have negatively-impacted sales.

    And how could M$$ guarantee compatibility ?. Junk the download
    patch-emulation nonsense and just make replacement compatible
    DVDs available on a free-exchange basis to current purchasers
    of games on the list. Also they could sell the Xbox360 version
    of the most popular existing Xbox titles ( Halo, Halo2, Jade Empire
    etc ) as Platinum ( budget) Xbox 360 titles.

    Recompiling Microsoft Studios Xbox games for the Xbox360
    should be easy, with nVidia's license and access to source.
    For the most popular 3rd-party titles, M$$ could provide the
    trancoding tools for free to the developers and subsidize the
    disc exchange.

    The proposal to try to patch the Xbox360 with downloadable
    profiles is technical nonsense and fraught with practical problems.

    Meanwhile Sony can sit back and learn from M$$'s mess.
    Sony have very wisely chosen to release the PS3 during the
    slack season... so if the schedule slips a month or two little harm is
    done. If the Xbox360 slips Thanksgiving after all the advance
    publicity ( and expectation in the software retail channel ) M$$ will
    have major egg on its face. And a bunch of very angry retailers.

    Nice to have a PC for gaming and be insulated from all this nonsense.

    John Lewis
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Blig Merk Full Circle:

    > It's not important.

    Do you ever wonder what you'd be able to accomplish with your life if you
    devoted as much time and energy to something worthwhile as you devote to
    scribbling posts on Usenet about a piece of consumer electronics that you've
    never seen or owned?

    Of course that assumes that there actually could be something worthwhile in
    your life. No wonder you spend so much time doing this instead.

    > And so on... It might help if the xflop 1.5 full circle could make up
    > its mind

    And here we see evidence of the psychosis: Bligmerk perceives the Xbox as an
    actual living entity. Oh, he knows it's not ALIVE, but it occupies such a
    place of fear and power in his mind that, in essence, it may as well be.
    I'll bet he quite literally dreams about it at night. Sad.

    > Playstation 3
    > will be backwardly compatible with the Playstation 2

    Ah, but will it? Now Sony is saying it will involve hardware and software
    emulation. And as soon as you introduce software emulation into the picture,
    you start running into games that won't work properly. There is no
    PS2-on-a-chip included in the PS3, and it goes without saying that the
    hardware is radically different. So just how backwards compatible will it
    be?

    The whole thing is so shortsighted anyway. A year into a console's life,
    when the shelves are full of quality games, backwards compatibility becomes
    a non-issue. Nobody is going to buy an Xbox 360 in 2007 in order to play
    Xbox games on it.

    -Z-
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    John Lewis wrote:

    > M$$
    > M$$
    > M$$
    > M$$
    > M$$
    > M$$'s
    > M$$

    http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20020722l.gif
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:54:54 -0600, "Hank the Rapper"
    <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

    >John Lewis wrote:
    >
    >> M$$
    >> M$$
    >> M$$
    >> M$$
    >> M$$
    >> M$$'s
    >> M$$
    >
    >http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20020722l.gif

    LOL..........

    Think of the bandwidth that I save. Maybe I'll reduce it to M$, as
    suggested --- to save some more.

    Not that I have too much personally against Microsoft. I am just
    a lazy typist -- and their Xbox360 strategy currently sux. It won't
    even have any form of HDTV-rom or -video player, in spite of it
    claiming to be a HDTV-compatible machine.

    John Lewis

    --

    John Lewis

    "Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven "Blig Merk"<blig_murk@yahoo.com> in
    1119095618.025833.211000@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
    > It's not important. Keep your old XFLop for backward compatibility.

    to me its important, I never bought the original xbox even though I wanted
    the buffy games, I waited to see if there was a pc emulator for xbox, but
    that never happened, but I will definitely buy the xbox360 so I want those
    games to be compatible with the new box

    --
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that
    you end up being governed by your inferiors. - (Plato)

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:02:09 +1000, "Highlandish"
    <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

    >Quoth The Raven "Blig Merk"<blig_murk@yahoo.com> in
    >1119095618.025833.211000@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
    >> It's not important. Keep your old XFLop for backward compatibility.
    >
    >to me its important, I never bought the original xbox even though I wanted
    >the buffy games, I waited to see if there was a pc emulator for xbox, but
    >that never happened, but I will definitely buy the xbox360 so I want those
    >games to be compatible with the new box

    Won't, except with a few current Xbox games... read between the lines
    of the articles and Microsoft's posturing... they are in deep trouble
    with backward compatibility, ever since they parted company with
    nVidia and Intel and now they are flip-flopping frantically....

    And Sony is probably grinning from ear-to-ear, because at the
    minimum they will only need to offer their customers the same level
    of compatibility that the Xbox achieves. They may actually do
    much better, since they have more-or-less planned PS3
    backward-compatibility from the beginning. And since Sony is
    intimately technically familiar with the PS2 hardware design, the
    transition should be easier than for Microsoft who effectively
    contracted out the hardware and driver design of the Xbox.

    --

    John Lewis

    "Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    i own a yacht wrote:

    > how long have you been blig merk's bitch now, anyways? has to have
    > been a few years now, easy.

    It's all part of the game, sunshine. And I like to think of myself more as
    his parole officer.

    -Z-
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "i own a yacht" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    >>> It's not important.
    >>
    >> Of course that assumes that there actually could be something worthwhile
    >> in
    >> your life. No wonder you spend so much time doing this instead.
    >
    > and that says about you, constantly nipping at his heels like you're
    > having any affect on him whatsoever?
    >
    > how long have you been blig merk's bitch now, anyways? has to have been
    > a few years now, easy.

    Lap dog's what he is. Completely clueless about it, too.
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Zackman wrote:
    > The whole thing is so shortsighted anyway. A year into a console's life,
    > when the shelves are full of quality games, backwards compatibility becomes
    > a non-issue. Nobody is going to buy an Xbox 360 in 2007 in order to play
    > Xbox games on it.
    >
    > -Z-

    To be fair, I purchased PS1 games in 2004 to play on my PS2. I
    purchased a couple different Final Fantasy anthologies and a couple
    other random games. Got them off Amazon and eBay. So I wouldn't
    consider backward compatability shortsighted in the least. It's a big
    plus for me, and factored into my decision to purchase a PS2 at launch.
    I'd hate to have to dig out my PS2 in 2007 just because I'm in the
    mood to replay FFX or Rachet & Clank.

    --
    Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!

    Fred Liken wrote:

    > Lap dog's what he is. Completely clueless about it, too.

    Guess that makes you my bitch, eh Freddie? Just can't stay away, can you?
    Please, try harder.

    -Z-
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message

    >> Lap dog's what he is. Completely clueless about it, too.
    >
    > Guess that makes you my bitch, eh Freddie? Just can't stay away, can you?
    > Please, try harder.

    Whatever! If that makes me your bitch, so be it, as long as it's
    acknowledged that you are Bigmlerk's number one bitch boy!
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Zackcrybabybitch wrote:
    > It's all part of the game, sunshine. And I like to think of myself more as
    > his parole officer.

    This statement is so senseless, it is idiotic, even for a well
    established idiot like you. You also like to think of yourself as
    Napoleon, a channeled 30,000 year old warrior princess and Will Smith's
    toilet... and that isn't the end of your multiple psycho-schizo
    personalities, Sybil.
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Zackcrybabybitch wrote:
    >> It's all part of the game, sunshine. And I like to think of myself more
    >> as
    >> his parole officer.
    >
    > This statement is so senseless, it is idiotic, even for a well
    > established idiot like you. You also like to think of yourself as
    > Napoleon, a channeled 30,000 year old warrior princess and Will Smith's
    > toilet... and that isn't the end of your multiple psycho-schizo
    > personalities, Sybil.

    I am neutral but wft is a 30,000 year old warrior princess? Doesn't that
    pre-date science? And then the Will Smith thing....weird.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Fred Liken wrote:

    > Whatever! If that makes me your bitch, so be it, as long as it's
    > acknowledged that you are Bigmlerk's number one bitch boy!

    Why don't we eliminate the middleman and just have you acknowledge that
    you're Bligmerk's bitch.

    -Z-
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Fred Liken wrote:
    > "i own a yacht" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    > >> Of course that assumes that there actually could be something worthwhile
    > >> in
    > >> your life. No wonder you spend so much time doing this instead.
    > >
    > > and that says about you, constantly nipping at his heels like you're
    > > having any affect on him whatsoever?
    > >
    > > how long have you been blig merk's bitch now, anyways? has to have been
    > > a few years now, easy.
    >
    > Lap dog's what he is. Completely clueless about it, too.

    You're an idiot sometimes.
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Zackman wrote:

    > A 30,000 year old princess?

    Yeah, that's a riddle.

    > Will Smith's toilet?

    See also: Jada Pinkett's cakehole?

    "Your mouth would make an interesting urinal!"

    > I've never understood the "Sybil" thing.

    Aw, c'mon, Zack... <http://imdb.com/title/tt0075296/>

    It's a wonder Bilgecunt uses the reference at all. He must be a big
    Sally Field fan.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Fred Liken wrote:
    >
    >> Whatever! If that makes me your bitch, so be it, as long as it's
    >> acknowledged that you are Bigmlerk's number one bitch boy!
    >
    > Why don't we eliminate the middleman and just have you acknowledge that
    > you're Bligmerk's bitch.

    Sorry, that doesn't make sense.
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Every time I convince myself he's some luckless 13-year-old dweeb who gets
    > bullied at school and takes out his frustrations on Usenet,

    Like you?
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Blig Merk wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Bligmerk, have I ever told you about my cousin Earl? Cousin Earl, he lives
    > out on Route 13 out on that maggot farm. Earl don't like it when you get

    TL/DR
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Blig Merk wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Bligmerk, have I ever told you about my cousin Earl? Cousin Earl, he
    >> lives
    >> out on Route 13 out on that maggot farm. Earl don't like it when you get
    >
    > TL/DR (Too long/Didn't read)

    What Fred meant to say was:

    TL/DKHTRGMI (Too Long/Don't know how to read, gonna masturbate instead)
  33. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In either case, I never know what the hell you're saying. Do you
    subscibe to Chat Room Acronyms Weekly or something?
  34. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >Fred Liken wrote:
    > I'm just not a Usenet newbie. Don't worry, you'll learn.

    I'd rather not, thanks

    bydkpbimb (but yer da kewlest pasty boy in mommy's basement).
  35. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) thought that a good way to
    threaten somebody was to light a stick of dynamite, then call the
    guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone and say:

    > Got any consoles with great emulators ?

    Well, the XBox runs a ton of emulators. :-)
    http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/Downloads.shtml

    --
    Ajay Tanwar | MCSE | ajtanwar@spam.yahoo.com
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people

    "theOne" <theone.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > In either case, I never know what the hell you're saying. Do you
    > subscibe to Chat Room Acronyms Weekly or something?

    He subscribes to Acronyms for Virgins Who Need More Time Alone monthly.
  37. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "theOne" <theone.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > In either case, I never know what the hell you're saying. Do you
    > subscibe to Chat Room Acronyms Weekly or something?

    I'm just not a Usenet newbie. Don't worry, you'll learn.
  38. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:18:48 GMT, Ajay Tanwar <ajtanwar@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) thought that a good way to
    >threaten somebody was to light a stick of dynamite, then call the
    >guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone and say:
    >
    >> Got any consoles with great emulators ?
    >
    >Well, the XBox runs a ton of emulators. :-)

    >http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/Downloads.shtml

    after modding to a pretend-PC.... life is too short........

    --

    John Lewis

    "Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"
  39. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) thought that a good way to threaten
    somebody was to light a stick of dynamite, then call the guy and hold
    the burning fuse up to the phone and say:

    > On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:18:48 GMT, Ajay Tanwar <ajtanwar@yahoo.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) thought that a good way to
    >>threaten somebody was to light a stick of dynamite, then call the
    >>guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone and say:
    >>
    >>> Got any consoles with great emulators ?
    >>
    >>Well, the XBox runs a ton of emulators. :-)
    >
    >>http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/Downloads.shtml
    >>

    > after modding to a pretend-PC.... life is too short........

    Yet it's long enough to build your own PC and install and maintain
    your software and drivers?

    If you don't enjoy mucking about with hardware, you might want to
    check into console gaming <grin>.

    --
    Ajay Tanwar | MCSE | ajtanwar@spam.yahoo.com
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people
    in large groups." -Despair.com
  40. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> thought that a good way to threaten
    somebody was to light a stick of dynamite, then call the guy and
    hold the burning fuse up to the phone and say:

    > In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action Ajay Tanwar <ajtanwar@yahoo.com>
    > wrote:
    >> john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) thought that a good way to
    >> threaten
    >>>
    >>> after modding to a pretend-PC.... life is too short........
    >>
    >> Yet it's long enough to build your own PC and install and
    >> maintain your software and drivers?
    >
    > owned. john lewis's inconsistency strikes again.

    Sorry, not trying to 0wn anyone, just making friendly little jab at
    John's PC-centric gaming. See the <grin>?

    BTW, your mother is a gerbil and your father smells of cabbage
    <grin>. See how that works? :-D

    --
    Ajay Tanwar | MCSE | ajtanwar@spam.yahoo.com
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people
    in large groups." -Despair.com
  41. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> once tried to test me with:

    > That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
    > exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
    > types of food do you enjoy?

    That steak egg and cheese bagel is pretty good, but eating one probably
    takes about a year off your life, it's so unhealthy. Talk about grease!

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  42. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> once tried to test me with:
    >
    >> That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
    >> exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
    >> types of food do you enjoy?
    >
    > That steak egg and cheese bagel is pretty good, but eating one probably
    > takes about a year off your life, it's so unhealthy. Talk about grease!

    No more unhealthy than an IHOP breakfast or one from Denny's or Village Inn.
    > --
    >
    > Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
    >
    > Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

  43. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On 30 Jun 2005 02:18:32 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> Gave us:

    >theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> once tried to test me with:
    >
    >> That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
    >> exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
    >> types of food do you enjoy?
    >
    >That steak egg and cheese bagel is pretty good, but eating one probably
    >takes about a year off your life, it's so unhealthy. Talk about grease!

    Hope you know more about Xbox than you do about nutrition.

    If someone eats a hundred of them, do they cease to exist?
  44. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:55:27 -0400, "The_Rock" <sweetvee1@hotmail.com>
    Gave us:

    >What cultural are you from the McDonalds is considered being culturally
    >diverse?

    Jeez, you'll have to form the sentence a bit better than that, so we
    can be sure what you are getting at...
  45. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    TokaMundo wrote:
    > On 30 Jun 2005 02:18:32 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> Gave us:
    >

    >>theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> once tried to test me with:
    >>

    >>>That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
    >>>exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
    >>>types of food do you enjoy?
    >>
    >>That steak egg and cheese bagel is pretty good, but eating one probably
    >>takes about a year off your life, it's so unhealthy. Talk about grease!
    >

    > Hope you know more about Xbox than you do about nutrition.
    >
    > If someone eats a hundred of them, do they cease to exist?

    Jesus dude, you're really going to come into every thread now and flame
    aren't you? Man, oh man your feelings must really be in a conundrum
    right now! Poor wittle baby is just looking for some friends and
    attention.....awwwwwww!
  46. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    The_Rock wrote:
    > What cultural are you from the McDonalds is considered being culturally
    > diverse?

    me from dee planet of linear thought. if mee use sentence with mcDonalds
    and cultural togeter, me must mean that mcdonalds is culturally diverse
    huh? may i pease have a biscuit, tank you drive fruu!
  47. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message
    > On 30 Jun 2005 02:18:32 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> Gave us:
    >
    >>theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> once tried to test me with:
    >>
    >>> That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
    >>> exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
    >>> types of food do you enjoy?
    >>
    >>That steak egg and cheese bagel is pretty good, but eating one probably
    >>takes about a year off your life, it's so unhealthy. Talk about grease!
    >
    > Hope you know more about Xbox than you do about nutrition.
    >
    > If someone eats a hundred of them, do they cease to exist?

    Watch the movie super size me.
  48. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thusly theOne <abuse@prodigy.net> Spake Unto All:
    <pointless blather deleted>

    Ah, trolls. I thought they were on summer vacation by now.

    Oh well, in the filter you go.
  49. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    GMAN wrote:

    >>That juicy steak and egg bagel in the morning...mmmmmmmmmmmm! not
    >>exactly classy but quick, easy, and practical. What
    >>types of food do you enjoy?
    >>

    > Thats NOT juice, that is grease!!!!

    YUMMMMM....Gonnna go clog my pipes this morning with that grease!

PC gaming Xbox 360 Compatibility Video Games