GTA:SA question

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

How do you use your gun while in a car, i.e. to shoot other cars? I defined
fire under "Vehicle Controls" as Rght Control. Back up is LMB. I aslo put
it back to the standard configuration. Nothing happens. I'm currently
trying to take out the limo with the preacher with the pimpmobile, but if I
can't shoot it, I can't see that I can win a ramming contest. Is there a
better way to do it if I can't shoot the vehicle?

As usual, any help would be appreciated.

turk
--
My last vestige of "hands off religion" respect disappeared in the smoke and
choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of

slartibartfast

you have to look to the side to be able to do a drive by, the default is Q
for left side or E for right side.

Jason

"turk" <turk96@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How do you use your gun while in a car, i.e. to shoot other cars? I
defined
> fire under "Vehicle Controls" as Rght Control. Back up is LMB. I aslo
put
> it back to the standard configuration. Nothing happens. I'm currently
> trying to take out the limo with the preacher with the pimpmobile, but if
> can't shoot it, I can't see that I can win a ramming contest. Is there a
> better way to do it if I can't shoot the vehicle?
>
> As usual, any help would be appreciated.
>
> turk

You can only shoot sideways if you look that way. There's buttons for "look
left" and "look right" in the keyboard configuration. Drive straight and
level with your target, hit the right key and start shooting .... or ramming
things :)

On a bike you will shoot straight forward, so you'll have to get into your
target's 6 and start blasting.

All of that with micro/sub MG only, IIRC.

In article <w7OdnffXEIB5ky_fRVn-tw@comcast.com>, turk wrote:
> "Alfred Pum" <mooskugerl@DELETEgmx.at> wrote in message
>> "turk" <turk96@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>> The controls are quite awkward indeed (as is the camera), I might plug in
>> my
>> gamepad and try that. Especially when I think about flying later on in the
>> game.
>>
>>> Anyways, thanks for your help..sorry I got shitty, but I'm drunk and have
>>> been through that mission about six times too many.
>
> Oh, hell was that remote control plane a nightmare...
> It honestly feels like they are punishing PC Gamers. There is just no point
> in making the controls that shitty. I'll need a cheat for that bullshit. I
> will not even attempt it again designed like that.

I didn't even try for a lot of missions in Vice City purely because of the
Plane/RC controls...

I've not hit the controls yet in the pc version, but on the PS2, the RC plane
was awful too. Only way to fly half the propeller planes on PS2 was in
first person view, otherwise you overshot and crashed to the ground... No
use for RC though, cos its useless...

Its a pity, because you get into lear jet (or whatever they are called in the
game), and its piss easy. Steer by mouse, take off...

Smid

In article <6padna-n8t4lbi_fRVn-gQ@giganews.com>,
Ragemaster Randy <vivasawadee@yahoo.comski> wrote:

>Maybe you're new to the GTA series but people who have played it for ages
>never really complain about the save system. It just works ok?

I don't know who you have been talking to, but I've complained about
the idiotic save system since GTA1. I can understand it as a possible
necessity on previous-generation console hardware but there really is
no excuse on modern PCs.

Cheers
Bent D
--