Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Just upgraded a modem and saved $15. This modem is probably not supported by 3com any longer (none of my others were) but Gateway carries some updates. Now if I could just find a site carrying the firmware updates for 3coms hardware modems.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

<A HREF="http://infodeli.3com.com/infodeli/swlib/index.htm" target="_new">Perhaps?</A>

Could you mention the model?

<b><font color=blue>~ Gotta question? Tried searching the boards first? Good! Ask away! ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nope, I see nothing. Funny thing, 3com GARRUNTEED (sp?) that their hardware modems would be upgradable, and charged as much as $200 for them because of that! But they only had the firmware update around for about a month or so that I can recall before they pulled it and said "Screw you guys, buy a new one". The software update stayed around longer for soft modems. And there are russian sites with the firmware update, but it's somehow "hacked" and not trustworthy IMO.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>