Desktop cannot connect to internet through Ethernet

Hello,
I need help getting my homemade computer onto the internet through Ethernet. I have a cable attached to my computer and it is lighting up as if it were working but I am not connected to a network. I know it is not a problem with my Ethernet cable because I have tried it on other computers successfully. When I entered ipconfig/all in the command prompt it showed up with media state as disconnected and no IP address. Can anyone help me?
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop connect internet ethernet
  1. Could be the network port, and did you check if the network card is listed in device manager with no errors? Try a new network card, they are cheap enough to get.
  2. The network card is integrated into the motherboard but I would be willing to buy a new network card if I am completely sure that is the problem. However, I did check the device manager and the ethernet controller device is not working and the drivers for it seem to be missing. I tried downloading new drivers and they are not compatible.
  3. Ok I managed to figure out the problem. The driver software was not installed and I was incorrectly trying to install it. My Ethernet cable is working now.
  4. How did you found drivers for your ethernet?
Ask a new question

Read More

LAN Computers Ethernet Card Internet Networking