Sign in with
Your question

New Build, New Card, No boot.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 16, 2012 4:02:17 AM

Just finished my new computer build last week minus a few parts I forgot about including a wireless adapter.
So I bought an Asus PCE-N15 since it had good reviews and is in the speed range im looking for. So I installed it like any other adapter (made sure it sits correctly etc.) and booted the computer. Post looks fine but as soon as the windows 7 logo starts to load it freezes. So I thought maybe it was the card but ive been trying a few solutions such as:

- Tried different PCI Slots
- Updated BIOS
- Preinstalled drivers
- Cleaned the connectors

Theres either something that im missing or this card is faulty. Ill also mention that I dont see any lights at startup or anything and im not sure if they will even turn on unless im booted into windows.

Looking for any help as its the least worry-some part of the build but its the only part I havent been able to get working.

Also here are my specs:

Intel Core I7 3930k @3.2 GHz
Asus Rampage Extreme IV motherboard
Corsair 2133Mgz Dominator memory
Intel 240GB SSD (boot)
3TB Seagate Barracuda hdd
EVGA superclocked GTX 680 (soon to be sli)
Corsair AX 1200 watt PSU
Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
Asus 24x dvd drive
Asus PCE-N15 wireless adaptor.

More about : build card boot

August 16, 2012 9:41:31 AM

Could be a bad card. Make sure to give it plenty of time to boot. Every once and a while something will cause an extended delay and ppl jump to the wrong conclusion. If possible, try it in another computer. If it works there at least you know it isn’t a bad card. You might try hit F8 just before Windows boots to bring up the boot time diagnostic options (boot logging, debugging mode, etc.) to see if you can find the problem, or at least where it starts.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Advanc...

m
l
August 17, 2012 8:23:18 AM

Will try in the other computer I have. My bad luck streak seems to be continuing as i now have a dead h100 :( 
m
l
!