Far Cry Version 1.3

My son is trying to link up to "Far Cry"'s internet site to play Far
Cry on line. The game has been patched once with Patch 1.3. During
the start of the game, the game load version (?) came up as 1337. When
he tries to hook up to an internet games, they are at version 1378 and
a message comes up stating "game versions do not match!". There are no
other patches available to download as far as I can tell, so how do the
game versions go from load 1337 to 1378 with no additional patches?
What am I missing here?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

DGD

Sounds like 1337 or 1338 are port numbers you have to connect to, check
with their port settings, if they are in error you will need to change
em'

shawk

"DGD" <ddubowski@rogers.com> wrote in message
> My son is trying to link up to "Far Cry"'s internet site to play Far
> Cry on line. The game has been patched once with Patch 1.3. During
> the start of the game, the game load version (?) came up as 1337. When
> he tries to hook up to an internet games, they are at version 1378 and
> a message comes up stating "game versions do not match!". There are no
> other patches available to download as far as I can tell, so how do the
> game versions go from load 1337 to 1378 with no additional patches?
> What am I missing here?
>
> Any help appreciated. Thanks
>
> DGD

Try the website below:

http://patches.ubi.com/far_cry/

Latest patch (since January) is 1.31

I haven't tried it so don't know if that will fix the problem however it
does apparently address some multiplayer exploits so will probably be
necessary for online play

local_history@hotmail.com wrote:
> Sounds like 1337 or 1338 are port numbers you have to connect to, check
> with their port settings, if they are in error you will need to change
> em'

No, they are version numbers. The OP is right, and Shawk's reply will
probably help, although I've not patched my copy beyond 1.3/1337 so I
can't guarantee that.

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:45:29 +0100, "Shawk"
<shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

>"DGD" <ddubowski@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> My son is trying to link up to "Far Cry"'s internet site to play Far
>> Cry on line. The game has been patched once with Patch 1.3. During
>> the start of the game, the game load version (?) came up as 1337. When
>> he tries to hook up to an internet games, they are at version 1378 and
>> a message comes up stating "game versions do not match!". There are no
>> other patches available to download as far as I can tell, so how do the
>> game versions go from load 1337 to 1378 with no additional patches?
>> What am I missing here?
>>
>> Any help appreciated. Thanks
>>
>> DGD
>>

>Try the website below:
>
>http://patches.ubi.com/far_cry/
>
>Latest patch (since January) is 1.31
>
>I haven't tried it so don't know if that will fix the problem however it
>does apparently address some multiplayer exploits so will probably be
>necessary for online play

Anybody seen any change info on V1.31 ?
Even the V1.31 readme seems unchanged from 1.3 and continually refers
to "V1.3"

John Lewis

--

John Lewis

"Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"

shawk

> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:45:29 +0100, "Shawk"
> <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:
>

>>"DGD" <ddubowski@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>> My son is trying to link up to "Far Cry"'s internet site to play Far
>>> Cry on line. The game has been patched once with Patch 1.3. During
>>> the start of the game, the game load version (?) came up as 1337. When
>>> he tries to hook up to an internet games, they are at version 1378 and
>>> a message comes up stating "game versions do not match!". There are no
>>> other patches available to download as far as I can tell, so how do the
>>> game versions go from load 1337 to 1378 with no additional patches?
>>> What am I missing here?
>>>
>>> Any help appreciated. Thanks
>>>
>>> DGD
>>>

>>Try the website below:
>>
>>http://patches.ubi.com/far_cry/
>>
>>Latest patch (since January) is 1.31
>>
>>I haven't tried it so don't know if that will fix the problem however it
>>does apparently address some multiplayer exploits so will probably be
>>necessary for online play
>>

> Anybody seen any change info on V1.31 ?
> Even the V1.31 readme seems unchanged from 1.3 and continually refers
> to "V1.3"
>
> John Lewis

For the OP - just tried the 1.31 patch - does upgrade the game 'build' to
1378 from 1337.

Readme still refers to 1.3 as John said.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:37:39 +0100, "Shawk"
<shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

>"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:45:29 +0100, "Shawk"
>> <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:
>>

>>>"DGD" <ddubowski@rogers.com> wrote in message

>>>Try the website below:
>>>
>>>http://patches.ubi.com/far_cry/
>>>
>>>Latest patch (since January) is 1.31
>>>
>>>I haven't tried it so don't know if that will fix the problem however it
>>>does apparently address some multiplayer exploits so will probably be
>>>necessary for online play
>>>

>> Anybody seen any change info on V1.31 ?
>> Even the V1.31 readme seems unchanged from 1.3 and continually refers
>> to "V1.3"
>>
>> John Lewis
>

>For the OP - just tried the 1.31 patch - does upgrade the game 'build' to
>1378 from 1337.
>
>Readme still refers to 1.3 as John said.

The rumor that it fixes MP exploits is then probably true.
Pity Crytek did not add a line to the readme to tell
us what's what -- even if they did not want to describe
the exploits they fixed....

John Lewis

--

John Lewis

"Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"

Does ver 1.31 or 1.3.2 affect saved mission games under 1.3?

<local_history@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sounds like 1337 or 1338 are port numbers you have to connect to, check
> with their port settings, if they are in error you will need to change
> em'

shawk

"CaptNemo" <captnemo_rn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does ver 1.31 or 1.3.2 affect saved mission games under 1.3?
>

> <local_history@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Sounds like 1337 or 1338 are port numbers you have to connect to, check
>> with their port settings, if they are in error you will need to change
>> em'

After loading 1.32 I continued the mission I was playing under 1.31 with no
problems