Zire72, audio output too loud

May 15, 2004 12:14:38 AM

Hi,

Is the Zire72 supposed to have such a loud output through its headphone
jack? While I can control music volume, system sounds (even on the
"low" setting) are just *far* too loud. I have a gut feeling that this
is due to my simple (and cheap) earplugs. Would better earplugs help in
this?

Regards
-Laurens
May 15, 2004 12:14:39 AM

On Fri, 14 May 2004 20:14:38 +0200, Laurens wrote:

> Would better earplugs help in this?

Not really. I've found that the better, more expensive ones tend
to be more efficient and are even louder. You can find models
having inline volume controls, from sources such as Sony, Radio
Shack, etc. I guess that these would be useful only if with the
system sounds volume set to the lowest setting, you could set the
music volume loud enough to compensate for the volume control's
attenuation.
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 12:14:39 AM

Laurens <spam@block.com> wrote in message news:<c832ha$f1e$1@reader10.wxs.nl>...
> Hi,
>

> Is the Zire72 supposed to have such a loud output through its headphone
> jack? While I can control music volume, system sounds (even on the
> "low" setting) are just *far* too loud. I have a gut feeling that this
> is due to my simple (and cheap) earplugs. Would better earplugs help in
> this?
>

> Regards
> -Laurens

i had a zire 71 before the zire 72 and it too had alarm and system
sounds that were just way too loud. I suggest you go into Prefs and
then adjust the system or alarms volume.
May 15, 2004 12:14:39 AM

Laurens <spam@block.com> wrote in message news:<c832ha$f1e$1@reader10.wxs.nl>...
> Hi,
>

> Is the Zire72 supposed to have such a loud output through its headphone
> jack? While I can control music volume, system sounds (even on the
> "low" setting) are just *far* too loud. I have a gut feeling that this
> is due to my simple (and cheap) earplugs. Would better earplugs help in
> this?

Yes, it's your ear plugs fault. It probably has a different ohm
level......try a different pair. Different Ohm-age (if that's a term)
can contribute to how loud headphones are.
!