Beautiful Alan Wake footage...

<arcanastream@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1119376181.265210.104530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Check this puppy out. Graphics-engine looks amazing:
>
> http://www.actiontrip.com/files/movies/alanwake.phtml

When does the Alan Thicke expansion come out? You know the one where you get
to call Tracey Gold fat?

Andrew

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:00:20 +0100, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:

>> http://www.actiontrip.com/files/movies/alanwake.phtml
>
>Is this the e3 trailer with Alan standing on a quay?

No, there are lots more floating camera vistas with nice eye candy in
this one, but it still doesn't give any clue about the gameplay.

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:49:41 -0700, arcanastream wrote:

> Check this puppy out. Graphics-engine looks amazing:
>
> http://www.actiontrip.com/files/movies/alanwake.phtml

Why post a link, that supports paid membership for download, at least you
should find a free link that works. I also have to agree that the
game play is important, lets get some alpha testers to commit on how its
coming, how it plays. I could not find a plot line, or other story
components, I would like to know the background.

So far this looks like hype, maybe in 6 months it might be worth a look,
but I just do not like hype without substance.

Gnu_Raiz

Andrew

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:21:54 -0500, Gnu_Raiz
<Gnu_Raiz@uptime.notlost.net> wrote:

>Why post a link, that supports paid membership for download, at least you
>should find a free link that works.

He did, there are two free public mirrors.

> So far this looks like hype, maybe in 6 months it might be worth a look,
> but I just do not like hype without substance.

Star War 3 RotS springs to mind.
...and Mr.& Mrs. Smith. So maybe you're right.
Although Remedy have a great rep for action games so far.

arcanastream@yahoo.com wrote:
>Check this puppy out. Graphics-engine looks amazing:
>
>http://www.actiontrip.com/files/movies/alanwake.phtml

Stop being part of the problem.
Notice how all the quotes are about the graphics being nice?
Think that will make it worth playing?

Bateau wrote:
> arcanastream@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>Check this puppy out. Graphics-engine looks amazing:
>>
>>http://www.actiontrip.com/files/movies/alanwake.phtml
>

> Stop being part of the problem.
> Notice how all the quotes are about the graphics being nice?
> Think that will make it worth playing?

Bit hard for the press to comment on the gameplay of a tech demo.

Andrew

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:08:37 +0200, Mean_Chlorine
<mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>After 15 clicks, three popups, and ten minutes of waiting I didn't get
>the file. I take it Actiontrip is a fliesplanet wannabe.

Huh? It takes me 4 clicks to start the download without a problem.
Maybe I am missing some fun by using Firefox.

Jamie_Manic <yeahbutno@slag.com> wrote:
>Bateau wrote:
>> arcanastream@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>Check this puppy out. Graphics-engine looks amazing:
>>>
>>>http://www.actiontrip.com/files/movies/alanwake.phtml
>>

>> Stop being part of the problem.
>> Notice how all the quotes are about the graphics being nice?
>> Think that will make it worth playing?
>
>Bit hard for the press to comment on the gameplay of a tech demo.

Then why do they try?

The video was interesting enough to peak my interest into looking for more
info. The first stop was the web link posted at the end of the video.

http://www.alanwake.com/index.html
The game is described as a "Physcological Action Thriller." I wonder if
this means Resident Evil type game? Plus some of the in-game pictures at
the site look similar to the video footage.

"...Alan Wake is a psychological action thriller, a unique new take in the
world of gaming. The game is set in an idyllic all-American small town and
its surroundings in the state of Washington. Alan Wake, the game's
protagonist, is a bestselling horror writer, who writes a novel about his
darkest nightmares. In the game, those nightmares come true. As with
Remedy's previous games, story and atmosphere are fundamental elements.

http://www.alanwake.net/forum/

http://www.alanwake.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121
"Thermoptic: Max Payne's combat system with the third person view with
bullettime dodges was something new and revolutionizing, and gave the
players a new way to experience the game. I would like to know more about
the combat system in Alan Wake, and what the character will be able to
perform? And will there be something new that we haven't seen in a game
before?

PJ: Yes, we believe that our approach with Alan Wake will provide the
players with a new take with the combat style and gameplay. We're not
revealing any details yet though. "

"Joe Mama" <bloodywanker@drugsmakemecool.com> wrote in message
> OldDog wrote:
>> The video was interesting enough to peak my interest into looking for
>> more info. The first stop was the web link posted at the end of the
>> video.
>>
> http://www.bigringwriting.com/id79.htm
>
> HTH,
> -joe.

Joe 1
farm-fresh flaks 0

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:13:33 -0700, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com> wrote:

>|On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:46:18 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@citypound.dogs> wrote:
>|
>|>|

>|its for Xbox 360
>|

>|Pluvious

And I correct myself and see that its also for the PC.. my bad.

Pluvious

OldDog wrote:
> "Joe Mama" <bloodywanker@drugsmakemecool.com> wrote in message
>
>>OldDog wrote:
>>
>>>The video was interesting enough to peak my interest into looking for
>>>more info. The first stop was the web link posted at the end of the
>>>video.
>>>

>>http://www.bigringwriting.com/id79.htm
>>
>>HTH,
>> -joe.
>

> Joe 1
> farm-fresh flaks 0

lol

Sorry about that, it was the only one I could find.

Cheers,
joe.

> OldDog wrote:
>> "Joe Mama" <bloodywanker@drugsmakemecool.com> wrote in message

>>>http://www.bigringwriting.com/id79.htm
>>>
>>>HTH,
>>> -joe.
>>

>> Joe 1
>> farm-fresh flaks 0
> lol
>
> Sorry about that, it was the only one I could find.
>
> Cheers,
> joe.

No problem. Even after 50 years, I'm still trying to get my paws around
the English language. ;-)