When did EBgames retail stores stop doing pricematching?

Ant

I haven't been to the local EB Games store for months. I found out I
cannot pricematch anymore. When did EB Games stores stop doing this? I
wanted to pricematch Fry's Electronics' Battlefield 2 for $37.99 in
today's flyer ad and sell Battlefield Vietnam at the same time. :(

Thank you in advance.
--
"Don't be no Ant-Man. An Ant-Man has very low horizons." --unknown
/\___/\
| |o o| | and http://aqfl.net (Ant's Quality Foraged Links/AQFL)
\ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
( )

jlc

"Ant" <philpi@earthlink.netANT> wrote in message
>I haven't been to the local EB Games store for months. I found out I cannot
>pricematch anymore. When did EB Games stores stop doing this? I wanted to
>pricematch Fry's Electronics' Battlefield 2 for $37.99 in today's flyer ad
>and sell Battlefield Vietnam at the same time. :(
>
> Thank you in advance.
> --
Here in Everett WA. EB hasn't pricematched for years. They don't even
pricematch with other stores in the same mall. The last time I tried to
pricematch was over two years ago and I was told that instead of giving me
the price from another store, they would give me store credit for the
difference instead. I said no thanks.
JLC

JLC <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:

> "Ant" <philpi@earthlink.netANT> wrote in message
> >I haven't been to the local EB Games store for months. I found out I cannot
> >pricematch anymore. When did EB Games stores stop doing this? I wanted to
> >pricematch Fry's Electronics' Battlefield 2 for $37.99 in today's flyer ad
> >and sell Battlefield Vietnam at the same time. :(
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> > --
> Here in Everett WA. EB hasn't pricematched for years. They don't even
> pricematch with other stores in the same mall. The last time I tried to
> pricematch was over two years ago and I was told that instead of giving me
> the price from another store, they would give me store credit for the
> difference instead. I said no thanks.
> JLC

Interesting. When I was able to pricematch, I got credits as well but I
only sold my games when I was buying new games AND to pricematch. So, I
do it all at once!

--
"Is this stuff any good for ants?" "No, it kills them." --unknown
/\___/\
| |o o| | and http://aqfl.net (Ant's Quality Foraged Links/AQFL)
( )

Pretty much when I stopped buying games there.

jlc

"stePH" <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in
>
>> Here in Everett WA.
>
> Howdy neighbor.
>
> Lived in Everett up to last March, then moved to Woodinville.
>

> stePH
> --
I bet you're enjoying Woodinville at lot better then Everett! I just moved
to Marysville up in the foothills. Don't miss my old house even for a sec.
JLC

On 23 Jun 2005 09:23:45 -0700, "entropy123"
<email_entropy123@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Pretty much when I stopped buying games there.

Yes, over the past couple of years the customer-centric EBX
has become totally corporate-centric. I held stock in EBX about
3 years ago and made a lot of money. Sold it once the shift
in focus became apparent. Unless you are solely interested in
dividends, never invest in a corporate-centric company...

--

John Lewis

"Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"

jwb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2003

> On 23 Jun 2005 09:23:45 -0700, "entropy123"
> <email_entropy123@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Pretty much when I stopped buying games there.
>>

> Yes, over the past couple of years the customer-centric EBX
> has become totally corporate-centric. I held stock in EBX about
> 3 years ago and made a lot of money. Sold it once the shift
> in focus became apparent. Unless you are solely interested in
> dividends, never invest in a corporate-centric company...

EBX gives me almost no reason to shop there anymore. They don't even get the
games first unless it's an A-List title. You used to be able to count on
them having any game on release day. They truly have lost focus.

> >>Pretty much when I stopped buying games there.
> >>

> > Yes, over the past couple of years the customer-centric EBX
> > has become totally corporate-centric. I held stock in EBX about
> > 3 years ago and made a lot of money. Sold it once the shift
> > in focus became apparent. Unless you are solely interested in
> > dividends, never invest in a corporate-centric company...

> EBX gives me almost no reason to shop there anymore. They don't even get the
> games first unless it's an A-List title. You used to be able to count on
> them having any game on release day. They truly have lost focus.

Yeah, I think I am going to stop buying stuff there. I also used tos sell
my old PC games that I don't play any more. I know, it's not much but it
beats selling on eBay which I don't do. Any other stores that buy and
pricematch in person? I am in Southern CA, USA.
--

<ANTant@zimage.com> wrote in message

>> > Yes, over the past couple of years the customer-centric EBX
>> > has become totally corporate-centric. I held stock in EBX about
>> > 3 years ago and made a lot of money. Sold it once the shift
>> > in focus became apparent. Unless you are solely interested in
>> > dividends, never invest in a corporate-centric company...
>
>> EBX gives me almost no reason to shop there anymore. They don't even get
>> the
>> games first unless it's an A-List title. You used to be able to count on
>> them having any game on release day. They truly have lost focus.
>
> Yeah, I think I am going to stop buying stuff there. I also used tos sell
> my old PC games that I don't play any more. I know, it's not much but it
> beats selling on eBay which I don't do. Any other stores that buy and
> pricematch in person? I am in Southern CA, USA.

actually, I found I get three times as much on Ebay. EBX gives you next to
nothing (and then sells them at $5 less than a new game). Once you get over
the initial Ebay learning curve (which is tiny) and get a PayPal account,
it's very easy.

jlc

"jwb" <jwb3333remove@excite.com> wrote in message
> <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote in message

>>> EBX gives me almost no reason to shop there anymore. They don't even get
>>> the
>>> games first unless it's an A-List title. You used to be able to count on
>>> them having any game on release day. They truly have lost focus.
>>
>> Yeah, I think I am going to stop buying stuff there. I also used tos sell
>> my old PC games that I don't play any more. I know, it's not much but it
>> beats selling on eBay which I don't do. Any other stores that buy and
>> pricematch in person? I am in Southern CA, USA.
>
> actually, I found I get three times as much on Ebay. EBX gives you next to
> nothing (and then sells them at $5 less than a new game). Once you get
> over the initial Ebay learning curve (which is tiny) and get a PayPal
> account, it's very easy.

Totally agree on selling on Ebay. Ebay makes it so easy to sell games it's
nearly effortless. The fact that at lest for console games, they provide a
very detailed description of the game for you so you don't even have to
think anything up. I've sold games and got back what I paid retail for them.
Ebay is a great place to sell games. And the way Paypal is so intergraded
into the process it's easy to sell like the big dawgs, being able to have
buyers use their credit cards. Very handy.JLC

Now that Gamestop/Babbages is in the process of buying them out, why
price match? No competition now.

> "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in
>

>> "stePH" <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in

>>> Howdy neighbor.
>>>
>>> Lived in Everett up to last March, then moved to Woodinville.
>>>
>> I bet you're enjoying Woodinville at lot better then Everett! I just
>> moved to Marysville up in the foothills. Don't miss my old house even
>> for a sec. JLC
>>

> I got married in Marysville last year, at the Opera House.
>
> Renting in Woodinville right now (it's closer to my job in Kirkland),
> most likely awaiting move to Portland.

LOL, my wife works for the Kirkland Police Dept! She's works for parking
enforcement so you might have seen her. Small world! JLC

Ant wrote:

> I haven't been to the local EB Games store for months. I found out I
> cannot pricematch anymore. When did EB Games stores stop doing this? I
> wanted to pricematch Fry's Electronics' Battlefield 2 for $37.99 in
> today's flyer ad and sell Battlefield Vietnam at the same time. :(
>
> Thank you in advance.
> --
> "Don't be no Ant-Man. An Ant-Man has very low horizons." --unknown
> /\___/\
> / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
> | |o o| | and http://aqfl.net (Ant's Quality Foraged Links/AQFL)
> \ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
> ( )
> Ant is currently not listening to any songs on his home computer.

We have EB games here in Oz and I've tried in the past to
get price matches here but they don't do that here either

"ttman21" <ttman21@cox.net> wrote in

[clip]

EB has really gone down hill with all of the buy-outs and mergers.
Personally I wait for a sale and buy then, EB is no longer competitive in
my opinion.

FM

> "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in
>
>> LOL, my wife works for the Kirkland Police Dept! She's works for
>> parking enforcement so you might have seen her.
>
> Doubt it, especially if she's downtown. I work in the Totem Lake area of
> Kirkland.

That's where her parents live. JLC