Comcast and repeater issue

clydedoggie

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Hello,
I am having difficulty setting up a wireless network at a client and don't understand what is wrong. I am using a Comcast high speed modem connected to an Engenious AP and 2 Engenious repeaters. All the Engenious gear has static IP's. The Comcast modem is the DHCP server. If I just have the AP powered up everything works fine. I can access the internet over the wireless connection. If I connect a repeater I can still connect if I am connected to the AP but if I move so the repeater picks me up then I lose the internet. The repeater and AP both indicate they are linked. Also, the Engenious repeater has a configuration page that lets you ping and tracert from the device. I can ping an internet address (google dns for example) from it, but not from a laptop connected to it.
To add to my frustration the system works fine in my office, I can connect over the repeaters. The only difference would be the Comcast modem is a home unit, the one at my client is a business one (SMC).
Any ideas???? Comcast has been useless as usual in terms of helping, I can't even get them to understand the problem.

clydedoggie

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

Engenious EAP350's. I was originally used universal repeating, then tried WDS. Same issue both ways.