PalmOne exec says SprintPCS, not Verizon, first in queue f..

May 14, 2004 6:49:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Details from the Mobiletrax Mobile Showcase 2004, here at:
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&thread...
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 2:17:13 AM

In article <djfaa013lj7t6n28ud7vrulh6l2ls1aird@4ax.com>,
"Please invert everything left of the @ to reply"
<3yeltrabnhoj@yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&thread...

Lots of things to ponder.

Is no camera for a lower cost 600, say a 601 ?

Is no camera just part of many changes for the Treo 610 ?

and if the device is to be "more modular" does that mean a user
interchangeable/replaceable battery?
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 4:34:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

IF the Verizon folks are not placing a major order they are making a major
mistake. Finally, someone makes a combination phone and pda without the toy
feature. Methinks it will be like the mini-ipod. People think it won't sell,
then it hits the market and sells like crazy.
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 8:02:43 PM

Robert M wrote:

> In article <djfaa013lj7t6n28ud7vrulh6l2ls1aird@4ax.com>,
> "Please invert everything left of the @ to reply"
> <3yeltrabnhoj@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&thread...
>
> Lots of things to ponder.

> Is no camera for a lower cost 600, say a 601 ?

I'd certainly hope that the camera-lass Treo 600 costs less, but that
wasn't the primary reason for the camera's removal. It was a response
to the fact that many government agencies and corporations restrict the
presence of cameras in areas where "sensitive" information is held.
Courtrooms, and even places like gyms and public spots where cameras
would obviously cause a problem are also prohibiting camera phones.

Considering people are spending up to $600 for this gadget, it's a
disappointment when they're told they have to leave it outside.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 18, 2004 5:28:01 PM

On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:02:43 -0400, Isaiah Beard wrote:

> Considering people are spending up to $600 for this gadget, it's a
> disappointment when they're told they have to leave it outside.

Wait a while. They'll be down in the $200-300 range soon.
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 11:25:43 PM

In article <f8xlkn8nwzyq$.1omog9p4uxcux$.dlg@40tude.net>,
Traveling Man <none@none.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:02:43 -0400, Isaiah Beard wrote:
>
> > Considering people are spending up to $600 for this gadget, it's a
> > disappointment when they're told they have to leave it outside.
>
> Wait a while. They'll be down in the $200-300 range soon.

In a year or two when prices are down (like the Palm III is now), the
then extent $600 Treos will be what folks want. (640 x 480 screen); 64
Meg Ram, 3 Megapixel camera, WiMax internet, etc.
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 11:42:30 PM

On Fri, 14 May 2004 22:17:13 GMT, Robert M <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote:

>In article <djfaa013lj7t6n28ud7vrulh6l2ls1aird@4ax.com>,
> "Please invert everything left of the @ to reply"
> <3yeltrabnhoj@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&thread...
>
>Lots of things to ponder.
>
>Is no camera for a lower cost 600, say a 601 ?

Pondering on the nomenclature is a mug's game, until it's officially
announced.

>Is no camera just part of many changes for the Treo 610 ?

Op cit.

>and if the device is to be "more modular" does that mean a user
>interchangeable/replaceable battery?

That was fervently suggested by many at the conference, with a poker faced
response from PalmOne. Let them play their card close to their chest; they
know how to make a sellable product.

--
John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.