AllTell Motorola T720 CDMA battery life issues...

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.alltel (More info?)

Hey folks,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.. if so, TIA. The battery life on
my phone is horrible -- I charge it at night, with the phone off, and take
it off in the morning when I go to work. By the time I go to bed, I'm
getting low battery beeps.

I understand that the problem is because it's on Analog.. but that's where
my confusion starts. My wife has the exact same phone, we both work in the
same building. For a vast majority of the day, we're within 100 feet of
each other.

I've spoken with AllTel, and got a new battery (after twisting their arm).
That was no help. The second time I went in, I told them that I thought it
was a problem with the reception I was getting -- since my wife is in the
same place as me, and she'll be on Digital 100% of the time, while I'm on
Analog. They promptly reset my settings to factory default" and sent me on
my way.

What I'm wondering, is there some default setting that is making my phone
choose Analog? I've noticed that when I'm on Analog, and then turn my phone
off and back on again, I get a strong Digital signal.

Thanks again, hopefully someone can help me get some decent battery life out
of the phone!

--

Ryan H
ryanh@REMOVETHIScharter.net

    You are correct that the analog operation is causing short battery
    life. The fault could very well be your phone, but before condemming
    it, try trading with your wife for one day. Your area of the building
    may have horrible reception (especially in basements or around
    computer rooms) while her area may be fine. If her phone keeps a
    digital signal all day while you're carrying it around, then its time
    to look at software revision levels on the two phones or for other
    differences.

    Does the phone stay digital in other places and at home, or is it
    always trying to go to analog? The T720 had a poor reputation in
    early versions of the software, but later releases reportedly fixed
    most of the problems. Did Alltel ever flash the software on your
    phone to the latest release?

    royc

    "Ryan Hernalsteen" <rhernals@REMOVETHIScharter.net> wrote in message news:<10etaouegmca5e0@corp.supernews.com>...
    > Hey folks,
    >
    > I'm hoping someone can help me with this.. if so, TIA. The battery life on
    > my phone is horrible -- I charge it at night, with the phone off, and take
    > it off in the morning when I go to work. By the time I go to bed, I'm
    > getting low battery beeps.
    >
    > I understand that the problem is because it's on Analog.. but that's where
    > my confusion starts. My wife has the exact same phone, we both work in the
    > same building. For a vast majority of the day, we're within 100 feet of
    > each other.
    >
    > I've spoken with AllTel, and got a new battery (after twisting their arm).
    > That was no help. The second time I went in, I told them that I thought it
    > was a problem with the reception I was getting -- since my wife is in the
    > same place as me, and she'll be on Digital 100% of the time, while I'm on
    > Analog. They promptly reset my settings to factory default" and sent me on
    > my way.
    >
    > What I'm wondering, is there some default setting that is making my phone
    > choose Analog? I've noticed that when I'm on Analog, and then turn my phone
    > off and back on again, I get a strong Digital signal.
    >
    > Thanks again, hopefully someone can help me get some decent battery life out
    > of the phone!

Motorola Battery Phones