What is the worst game you have ever purchased

Last response: in Video Games
June 23, 2005 8:40:06 PM

And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
has been discussed before but just wondering
what people consider the worst PC based games
they have ever purchased?

I don't normally buy a whole lot of games either
but of the few that I have bought over the last
10 or so years the worst offenders for me anyway
were based on the disappointment at the endings.....

In no particular order

Blood
Retribution

This stupid shooting game which I can't remember the
name to but it was one very large .exe file and all
you did was shoot at oncoming spaceships and stuff
and it had a bit of anime thrown in for good measure
but was a horrid IMHO game to play. It was made by
Phillips if that helps.....

More about : worst game purchased

June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

> Blood

...Is a classic game with memorable moments ("Ophelia! Ophelia!"),
wonderful dark humor, excellent cutscenes (including the ending), satisfying
weapons (has anything equaled the Flare Gun?), great music and voice
effects, and a very decent final boss. I've been hoping this new game
Hellgate London(?) would bring back some of the Blood magic, who knows.

Blood cries out for an opengl Duke3D treatment to reintroduce it to
modern audiences.

rms
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

Kissing Lettuce wrote:

> And I'm new here so
> please forgive me if this
> has been discussed
> before but just wondering
> what people consider the
> worst PC based games
> they have ever
> purchased?

Worst would have to be...
-there's too many to select
but one!

Legacy of Kain
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
American Mcgee's Alice
Icewind Dale
KISS: Psycho Circus
Diablo II

All were a great
disappointment from what I
had hoped them to be
based on the previews.

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np:

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:40:06 +0930, Kissing Lettuce
<sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote:

>And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
>has been discussed before but just wondering
>what people consider the worst PC based games
>they have ever purchased?

I try not to buy bad games, but last year on a whim I bought Codename
Outbreak at a budget price and it was too buggy to play.

It isn't necessarily a terrible game in its own right, but Deus Ex:IW
has to be my biggest disappointment.
June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

NHL2005. 50$ down the drain because it was so bad.

I also never finished level 1 of splinter cell. I don't think it's a bad
game, I'm sure its excellent as I have been told but man.. it's a yawner.
Another 50$ down the drain

"Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
> has been discussed before but just wondering
> what people consider the worst PC based games
> they have ever purchased?
>
> I don't normally buy a whole lot of games either
> but of the few that I have bought over the last
> 10 or so years the worst offenders for me anyway
> were based on the disappointment at the endings.....
>
> In no particular order
>

> Blood
> Retribution
>
> This stupid shooting game which I can't remember the
> name to but it was one very large .exe file and all
> you did was shoot at oncoming spaceships and stuff
> and it had a bit of anime thrown in for good measure
> but was a horrid IMHO game to play. It was made by
> Phillips if that helps.....
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:40:06 +0930, Kissing Lettuce
<sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote:

>And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
>has been discussed before but just wondering
>what people consider the worst PC based games
>they have ever purchased?

Well, my wife purchased it for me since I love motorcycles, but my
pick would be Evel Knievel 3D Stunt Game.

You go through the game recreating Evels jumps. The graphics were
horrible, and the game was so easy I played through the whole thing in
one sitting. I think it took about half an hour. The game is still
available if anyone is a glutton for punishment:
http://stock1.com/edeals/2726.htm

Tim
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

Eh? Blood is one of the best FPS games ever. Blood II, on the other hand, is
cack. I presume you're talking about that one.

Worst game I've ever played? Too many to count.
June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

"Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
> has been discussed before but just wondering
> what people consider the worst PC based games
> they have ever purchased?
>
> I don't normally buy a whole lot of games either
> but of the few that I have bought over the last
> 10 or so years the worst offenders for me anyway
> were based on the disappointment at the endings.....
>
> In no particular order
>

> Blood
> Retribution
>
> This stupid shooting game which I can't remember the
> name to but it was one very large .exe file and all
> you did was shoot at oncoming spaceships and stuff
> and it had a bit of anime thrown in for good measure
> but was a horrid IMHO game to play. It was made by
> Phillips if that helps.....

Absolute worst game I ever baught was The Getaway. Close second was Quake 3.
behind that was The Sniper. theres some others but those are the stand outs.

Jason
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

"Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
> has been discussed before but just wondering
> what people consider the worst PC based games
> they have ever purchased?

There's definitely some real stinkers out there, but the very worst one in
my mind was probably Pinball Builder which came out around 10 years ago. I
was looking for a modernized version of the classic Pinball Construction Set
from the early 80's, but was seriously disappointed. The good news is that
I did send it back to the company that made it and received a full refund at
my request.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

Kissing Lettuce wrote:
> And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
> has been discussed before but just wondering
> what people consider the worst PC based games
> they have ever purchased?

I didn't buy it, but Marine Heavy Gunner is just awful. I know it was a
budget title, but geez. It was just all around terrible.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

Kissing Lettuce wrote:
> And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
> has been discussed before but just wondering
> what people consider the worst PC based games
> they have ever purchased?

Conquest Earth. Hands down.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

"Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
> has been discussed before but just wondering
> what people consider the worst PC based games
> they have ever purchased?

<snip>

Megatraveller 1
Outpost
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

Worst games I never finished: Gunman Chronicles; Chrome turned out to be
hideous, too; and The Thing's save system made me stop playing halfway into
the game.

Worst games I plodded through just to see how they ended: Die Hard -
Nakatomi Plaza. Chalk it up to an escalation of commitment. Ironically, the
game follows the movie's storyline, so I don't know why I kept playing! Red
Faction II and Contract J.A.C.K. were also single-sitting snore-a-thons.

- f_f
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:40:07 PM

Ken wrote:
> Q3 single player was
> definitely a
> disappointment. However
> it actually worked and was
> consistant and complete,
> so I couldn't call it my
> worst game. Whatever it
> lacked, though, it made
> up for in multiplayer.

I thought about listing Quake 3 but I knew from the previews that it
was mostly multiplayer oriented. Plus it worked and did what it did
well so it'd be hard to call it 'worst' -certainly a disappoint for SP
fans such as myself though.

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np:

rms wrote:
>>Blood
>

> ...Is a classic game with memorable moments ("Ophelia! Ophelia!"),
> wonderful dark humor, excellent cutscenes (including the ending), satisfying
> weapons (has anything equaled the Flare Gun?), great music and voice
> effects, and a very decent final boss. I've been hoping this new game
> Hellgate London(?) would bring back some of the Blood magic, who knows.
>
> Blood cries out for an opengl Duke3D treatment to reintroduce it to
> modern audiences.

Agree! I totally forgot about Blood. Great game!
June 23, 2005 8:40:08 PM

> I try not to buy bad games, but last year on a whim I bought Codename
> Outbreak at a budget price and it was too buggy to play.

This is that russian squad-fps? The demo (I should say the first part
of the demo, where you are outdoors) I still think even now was wonderful.
You could snipe, sneak in behind cover, the all-in-one weapon and long-range
audio-binoculars were neat, the terrain quality and player movement were
very good, the tanks and enemies weren't too dumb, the control of your
squad-teammate was good.

The problem came with indoor areas, which had major clipping etc
problems. Bugs.

rms
June 23, 2005 8:40:08 PM

> I didn't buy it, but Marine Heavy Gunner is just awful. I know it was a
> budget title, but geez. It was just all around terrible.

haha I bought one called Marine Sniper, prolly the same company. Bad,
lifeless game using a poor-quality engine.

rms
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:40:08 PM

"bioderm" <shavolsky@ladavisky.com> wrote in message

> "Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> > And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
> > has been discussed before but just wondering
> > what people consider the worst PC based games
> > they have ever purchased?
>
> <snip>
>
> Megatraveller 1
> Outpost

Shame on me, how could I leave out Brith of the Federation ?!
June 23, 2005 8:40:08 PM

> It isn't necessarily a terrible game in its own right, but Deus Ex:IW
> has to be my biggest disappointment.

Amen! I've never played a sequel that was *worse* than almost all
conceivable ways than the original, but I do now.
June 23, 2005 8:40:09 PM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:15:24 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net>
wrote:

>> I try not to buy bad games, but last year on a whim I bought Codename
>> Outbreak at a budget price and it was too buggy to play.
>
> This is that russian squad-fps? The demo (I should say the first part
>of the demo, where you are outdoors) I still think even now was wonderful.
>You could snipe, sneak in behind cover, the all-in-one weapon and long-range
>audio-binoculars were neat, the terrain quality and player movement were
>very good, the tanks and enemies weren't too dumb, the control of your
>squad-teammate was good.
>
> The problem came with indoor areas, which had major clipping etc
>problems. Bugs.

It had some great ideas, but the AI of my squad was hopeless and kept
getting stuck in stupid places. I don't think I even managed to
complete the first level without giving up on it. I had enjoyed the
demo previously, which was a different level, which made me take a
chance on the game.
June 23, 2005 9:15:13 PM

Kissing Lettuce wrote:
> And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
> has been discussed before but just wondering
> what people consider the worst PC based games
> they have ever purchased?

IronStorm.

It wasn't TOO bad, but there were far too many snipers to deal with that
it went from funish to an exercise in quicksaving/quickloading.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 9:37:48 PM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:57:21 -0400, "ChangeGuy"
<change.this@change.that> wrote:

>NHL2005. 50$ down the drain because it was so bad.
>
>I also never finished level 1 of splinter cell. I don't think it's a bad
>game, I'm sure its excellent as I have been told but man.. it's a yawner.
>Another 50$ down the drain

Similar reaction after playing the demo.... on rails....wonky AI.

I shall wait until all 3 current Splinters are on one DVD at $19.99.
Then I might buy them....

John Lewis
--

John Lewis

"Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 10:03:47 PM

rms wrote:

> > Blood
>
> ...Is a classic game with memorable moments ("Ophelia! Ophelia!"),
> wonderful dark humor, excellent cutscenes (including the ending), satisfying
> weapons (has anything equaled the Flare Gun?), great music and voice
> effects, and a very decent final boss. I've been hoping this new game
> Hellgate London(?) would bring back some of the Blood magic, who knows.

I agree about the cutscenes. All the videos were fantastic to look
at and did give the game a lot of atmosphere as when I first got it.

But moving onto new OS like Win XP I had a lot of problems
getting the sound to work properly on my machine and the graphics
ended up feeling very dated IMVHO....

My gripe was aimed at the graphics

> Blood cries out for an opengl Duke3D treatment to reintroduce it to
> modern audiences.

Did they do that for Duke Nukem 3D? The version I bought says windows
on the box but still has the old DOS version...
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 10:21:25 PM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:40:06 +0930, Kissing Lettuce
<sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote:

>And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
>has been discussed before but just wondering
>what people consider the worst PC based games
>they have ever purchased?

You didn't specify an action game so I'd have to
say Outpost by Sierra. :)

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft
June 23, 2005 11:32:14 PM

Thus spake "mattchu" <wintlerpark@hotmail.com>, 23 Jun 2005 02:13:06 -0700,
Anno Domini:

>Kissing Lettuce wrote:
>
>> And I'm new here so
>> please forgive me if this
>> has been discussed
>> before but just wondering
>> what people consider the
>> worst PC based games
>> they have ever
>> purchased?
>
>Worst would have to be...
>-there's too many to select
>but one!
>
>Legacy of Kain
>Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
>American Mcgee's Alice
>Icewind Dale
>KISS: Psycho Circus
>Diablo II
>
>All were a great
>disappointment from what I
>had hoped them to be
>based on the previews.

3 of those are classics in their own right. Remind me to never read your
reviews/opinions on new games here ;-p

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

June 23, 2005 11:43:15 PM

Hi,

In article <d9ehgi$eud$1@us23.unix.fas.harvard.edu>,
slartibartfast <building@fjords.com> wrote:
#Absolute worst game I ever baught was The Getaway. Close second was Quake 3.

Q3 single player was definitely a disappointment. However it actually
worked and was consistant and complete, so I couldn't call it my worst
game. Whatever it lacked, though, it made up for in multiplayer.

Ken.
Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Just say "no" to liars SCO and Soyo
WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | Return services to local CIS offices!
June 24, 2005 12:03:54 AM

In article <42BA604E.2175EA1E@internode.on.net>,
Kissing Lettuce <Ilovehotchocolatewithadobofcoldmilk@hotmail.com> wrote:
#And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
#has been discussed before but just wondering
#what people consider the worst PC based games
#they have ever purchased?

#This stupid shooting game which I can't remember the
#name to but it was one very large .exe file and all
#you did was shoot at oncoming spaceships and stuff
#and it had a bit of anime thrown in for good measure
#but was a horrid IMHO game to play. It was made by
#Phillips if that helps.....

That reminds me of another Phillips game, that undoubtably was the worst
game for me as far as intallation. Fighter Duel, a head2head air combat
sim. Once installed correctly, it was a joy to play and a pleasure to
look at. I ended up writing a FAQ just to help people get through
installation. What a pain.

Ken.
Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Just say "no" to liars SCO and Soyo
WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | Return services to local CIS offices!
June 24, 2005 12:23:58 AM

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> > Blood
>
> ...Is a classic game with memorable moments ("Ophelia! Ophelia!"),
> wonderful dark humor, excellent cutscenes (including the ending),
satisfying
> weapons (has anything equaled the Flare Gun?), great music and voice
> effects, and a very decent final boss. I've been hoping this new game
> Hellgate London(?) would bring back some of the Blood magic, who knows.
>
> Blood cries out for an opengl Duke3D treatment to reintroduce it to
> modern audiences.
>
> rms

The Daikatana demo was pretty awful. Didn't play the full game.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 12:32:35 AM

Kissing Lettuce wrote:

> Blood

Blood was great. Blood 2 on the other hand was horrible. From what I can
remember:

Gore
I can't remember the full name, but it was a Star Wars strategy game
released at the same time as StarCraft. Guess what got played.
Trespasser, no matter what Eep says, the graphics were an eye sore
(literally) and the game was so poorly coded it chugged like a big rig with
flat tires. A few years ago I ran it on my 1.4 computer. It still ran
horribly.
Any game with the title "Resident Evil" or anything made by Capcom in
general.
Emperor, I loved all of Impressions Games city building series. This was
there last official one before they closed shop, I think. It was a step
backwards in the series.
Ghost Master, damn you Xplay for giving it five stars.
Can't remember any others. I throw out the bad titles after a while.
June 24, 2005 12:32:36 AM

> I can't remember the full name, but it was a Star Wars strategy game
> released at the same time as StarCraft. Guess what got played.

Star Wars: Rebellion
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:06:39 AM

news:p e0lb1h4irulkmjrd94nugtarjf5004mp9@4ax.com...

> I try not to buy bad games, but last year on a whim I bought Codename
> Outbreak at a budget price and it was too buggy to play.

I agree...also, I thought there was too much of a puzzle hunt going in it
too trying to find a bunch of stuff and not being able to advance unless you
could find everything.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:09:07 AM

"ChangeGuy" <change.this@change.that> wrote in message
> NHL2005. 50$ down the drain because it was so bad.

Funny, I was majorly upset with NHL 2004 but actually liked NHL 2005.
However, my negative feelings towards NHL 2004 made me wait until NHL 2005
went to $10 before I bought it.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:28:52 AM

Alai wrote:
>> I can't remember the full name, but it was a Star Wars strategy game
>> released at the same time as StarCraft. Guess what got played.
>
> Star Wars: Rebellion

ty
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:57:18 AM

Kissing Lettuce <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> looked up from
reading the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good,
the signs say:

>And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
>has been discussed before but just wondering
>what people consider the worst PC based games
>they have ever purchased?

Daikatana

Not particularly buggy, and I did actually finish it.

A game experience so bad that I'll never even think about reinstalling
it. Luckily it was only $10, so it was almost not a waste of money.

Xocyll
June 24, 2005 1:57:19 AM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:57:18 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
wrote:

>>And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
>>has been discussed before but just wondering
>>what people consider the worst PC based games
>>they have ever purchased?

my votes goto..

Star Wars Rebellion - truely awful micro-management game masquerading
as a Star Wars title.

Nocturne
The Blair Witch Games
SiN - until it was fully patched that is but otherwise a horrible game
right out of the box
I'm pretty sure there are more but i'll leave the rest upto you guys.

toadie
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 2:25:46 AM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:40:06 +0930, Kissing Lettuce
<sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote:

>And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
>has been discussed before but just wondering
>what people consider the worst PC based games
>they have ever purchased?

Action:
Fair Strike. A helicopter Sim with a flimsy manual - and where AI players
always follow a simplified physicn ruleset.

Other:
Dominant Species: Units attemped to pathfind through other units.
June 24, 2005 2:35:52 AM

"Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
> has been discussed before but just wondering
> what people consider the worst PC based games
> they have ever purchased?
>
> I don't normally buy a whole lot of games either
> but of the few that I have bought over the last
> 10 or so years the worst offenders for me anyway
> were based on the disappointment at the endings.....
>
> In no particular order
>

> Blood
> Retribution
>
> This stupid shooting game which I can't remember the
> name to but it was one very large .exe file and all
> you did was shoot at oncoming spaceships and stuff
> and it had a bit of anime thrown in for good measure
> but was a horrid IMHO game to play. It was made by
> Phillips if that helps.....

I loved Blood

Hated a Dr Who game the wife bought (she thought she was being nice bless
her)
Liked Devastation's action but hated the bugs and wonky AI
Could never get into Vietcong or Deus Ex
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 5:10:34 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Kissing Lettuce wrote:

<snip>

why so negative?
why some in this group only think about the negative in pc
games when there are so many positives

obviously no pc gamer thinks he will always fully enjoy all
the pc game titles he buys
like going to the movies... you will not always enjoy the
movie... that's part of life
now a true pc gamer never regrets the pc games he buys and
always enjoys buying pc games
pc games need more buying from us pc gamers
you say you haven't bought many pc games over the years so
instead of looking for the negatives in the few titles you
own why not focus on buying more and doing more home work
so you can do a better selection of the pc games bought
ask fellow pc gamers
watch trailers
read reviews
play demos
so many ways for you to find out what pc games you enjoy
pc games gives you all for you to have wonderful moments
of high quality entertainment so take advantage of it
dedicate time selecting the titles you will enjoy and buy!

ps: its incredible how negative attracts so much more than
positive, just look at the high level of participation your
post had in comparison to the monthly pc games bought polls

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

Kissing Lettuce <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> once tried to test me
with:

> And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
> has been discussed before but just wondering
> what people consider the worst PC based games
> they have ever purchased?
>
> I don't normally buy a whole lot of games either
> but of the few that I have bought over the last
> 10 or so years the worst offenders for me anyway
> were based on the disappointment at the endings.....
>
> In no particular order
>

> Blood
> Retribution

Loved Blood, I don't remember Retribution.

Worst game of all time (and worst Strategy game ever):

Outpost

Second worst game of all time (and Worst RPG ever):

Descent to Undermountain

Worst Action Game of All Time:

Mortyr

I bought all of the above. And I even pre-ordered DtU. That turned me off
to pre-ordering for a VERY long time.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 6:33:18 AM

steamKILLER wrote:
> ps: its incredible how negative attracts so much more than
> positive, just look at the high level of participation your
> post had in comparison to the monthly pc games bought polls

Fact of life. Bad news travels faster than good. I bad review is worth
10 good ones. People just enjoy talking about what is wrong with the
world and how they would do it better (wait till your old enough to go
to a pub/bar and you'll see).

My worst game... well I'ma slow buyer, and tend to read the reviews
and gather opinions before taking the plunge, so generally I buy fewer
games, but they're games I'm confident I will like.

But the one's I've enjoyed least and have ended up uninstalling were
"Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun" (or something similar if that isn't
its correct title) and the mediaeval Age of Empires.

I couldn't get past the 3rd level of C&C and I couldn't get past the
tutorial of A0E. I'm not saying they are bad games, but RTS just
obviously isn't for me (although I did enjoy Homeworld - must have
reminded me a bit of Elite (the Best game In The World Ever)).
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 8:21:08 AM

On 24 Jun 2005 01:57:12 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

>Kissing Lettuce <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> once tried to test me
>with:
>
>> And I'm new here so please forgive me if this
>> has been discussed before but just wondering
>> what people consider the worst PC based games
>> they have ever purchased?
>>
>> I don't normally buy a whole lot of games either
>> but of the few that I have bought over the last
>> 10 or so years the worst offenders for me anyway
>> were based on the disappointment at the endings.....
>>
>> In no particular order
>>

>> Blood
>> Retribution
>
>Loved Blood, I don't remember Retribution.
>
>Worst game of all time (and worst Strategy game ever):
>
>Outpost
>

>Second worst game of all time (and Worst RPG ever):
>
>Descent to Undermountain
>

>Worst Action Game of All Time:
>
>Mortyr
>

>I bought all of the above. And I even pre-ordered DtU. That turned me off
>to pre-ordering for a VERY long time.

don't feel too bad Knight, i also bought all of the above <hangs head
in shame>

toadie
June 24, 2005 12:08:07 PM

On 2005-06-24, Hank the Rapper <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:
> Any game with the title "Resident Evil" or anything made by Capcom in
> general.

Have you played Viewtiful Joe? It's a capcom game, and one of the best
games I've played in recent years.

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>steamKILLER wrote:
>> ps: its incredible how negative attracts so much more than
>> positive, just look at the high level of participation your
>> post had in comparison to the monthly pc games bought polls
>
>Fact of life. Bad news travels faster than good. I bad review is worth
>10 good ones. People just enjoy talking about what is wrong with the
>world and how they would do it better (wait till your old enough to go
>to a pub/bar and you'll see).

Nah.
People responded to this topic because it wasn't Steamwanker that posted
it.

Something he'll never understand - his pools are ignored because so many
people have him killfiled, and those that don't probably don't care to
reply to his inane polls either.

Xocyll
June 24, 2005 1:26:30 PM

console games! }:-)
June 24, 2005 1:51:48 PM

On 24 Jun 2005 02:33:18 -0700, "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Fact of life. Bad news travels faster than good. I bad review is worth
>10 good ones. People just enjoy talking about what is wrong with the
>world and how they would do it better (wait till your old enough to go
>to a pub/bar and you'll see).

Ahh, the thought of DiF***wit in a bar:
"Hey Barman, your top selling beer is from a local brewery, you are
scum that is killing the distribution channel. I order you to stop
selling it!!!"
"Hey everyone, this local beer is evil, we will not drink it any
more!!!"
"You outside the bar looking in, this pub is for True Drinkers only,
go away!!!"
"You women, you shouldn't be drinking, go home!!!"
"Everyone stop talking about football and the ills of the world. The
only issue to discuss is this evil local beer!!!"
<rant ended with the wet thuds of half a dozen pool cue butts
contacting with the skull of DiF***wit>

I wonder when he will be old enough to go drinking?
June 24, 2005 2:28:42 PM

> My gripe was aimed at the graphics
>
>> Blood cries out for an opengl Duke3D treatment to reintroduce it to
>> modern audiences.
>
> Did they do that for Duke Nukem 3D? The version I bought says windows
> on the box but still has the old DOS version...

Use this Windows OpenGL port:
http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d

Also new high-res textures and new 3-d models are available and more are
being made as we speak. This is also hapening for Shadow Warrior. Go to the
3dRealms.com forums for more info.

-Kent
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 6:32:13 PM

Ok folks my bad on citing Blood in my list.....

Just once I had played it through (with a bit of help)
there was no return value, at least for me anyway....

It did have multi player but could never get that beastie
to work with that which would have added to the fun...
June 24, 2005 7:06:22 PM

"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Trespasser, no matter what Eep says, the graphics were an eye sore
> (literally) and the game was so poorly coded it chugged like a big rig
with
> flat tires. A few years ago I ran it on my 1.4 computer. It still ran
> horribly.

Not true. I played it on PIII450 and Matrox G400 and it ran great..
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 7:58:11 PM

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote:
>> I didn't buy it, but Marine Heavy Gunner is just awful. I know it was a
>> budget title, but geez. It was just all around terrible.
>
> haha I bought one called Marine Sniper, prolly the same company. Bad,
>lifeless game using a poor-quality engine.
>
>rms

I bet Spec Ops 2 is worse.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 7:59:43 PM

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote:
>> I didn't buy it, but Marine Heavy Gunner is just awful. I know it was a
>> budget title, but geez. It was just all around terrible.
>
> haha I bought one called Marine Sniper, prolly the same company. Bad,
>lifeless game using a poor-quality engine.

I don't mean "Spec Ops 2: Green Beret" either.
!