How do i Connect a 2-3 devices to an existing Wirelesss Network

darpi

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hi everyone,

Request help:

I need to connect a pc desktop and A linksys PAP-2T voip adapter to an existing wireless network(home network). Could you please guide me the cheapest and operative way to do this?

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Darpi

darpi

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Thanks Emerald,

It looks good for 59 Usd but was looking for some thing cheaper :)
Yes i have the linksys,The desktop and the printer all close to each other.

Kind Regards,
Darpi

darpi

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hi,

Yes thks, but not very good at DD-WRT.Do not really know how to do the update there.Could you explain on this before i could buy the Asus Router.

Just a question BTW,since we are updating firmfare in any case can't we go in for furthere cheaper routers than ASUS?

Or will not work?

Just was curious:)

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Darpi

If you're going the dd-wrt route and want something dirt cheap, the Linksys Valet M20 refurb @ Amazon for $20 is about the best bang for the buck right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-Factory-Refurbished-Wireless/dp/B004Q7J4W8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345493655&sr=8-2&keywords=linksys+valet+m20

There’s also the Linksys E1000 refurb for $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-Refurbished-Wireless-N-Router/dp/tech-data/B003VYEYE0/ref=de_a_smtd?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals

That said, the one big advantage of the ASUS routers is that they have a special recovery mode that makes them nearly impossible to brick. But you’re paying nearly double for that privilege of course.

darpi

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hi Eibgrad,

Thanks for the info.

Any suggestions on the method to update DD-WRT.What could be simplest way to do it in layman's language?This is when we are using one of the LINSKYS routers you suggested for $20.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Darpi

The level of complication varies depending on the router make/model, even the hardware version. Most of the time though it's not too bad. What I often do is just do a Google search of dd-wrt and the particular router and see what the general buzz is. You may not understand everything, but you'll probably get a good idea whether most ppl are having success or failure, and some tips about best firmware release, known issues, etc.