Good Online Forum for BF2?

What is the best place to go to discuss issues, or just general stuff about
Battlefield 2?

Right now my biggest issue is my connection. I played the demo to death with
nary a connection issue. First day or so with Battlefield 2 was good as
well.

Now I am getting constant lag issues, and frequent disconnects. Before I go
too far, I want to see if this is a recurring problem for many people, or if
it might be my router, modem, or even internet connection. I even made my PC
the DMZ host so all ports are open, so that will not be an issue.

I am beginning to believe it is a hardware issue, only because we have been
getting slow or no internet connection lately from just surfing the web. But
the last day, internet connection has been good, but am still getting lag.
Beginning 10 minutes of game is usually just fine, but after that it can
start to become laggy, and/or disconnect (I guess that's the ultimate lag
issue).

Thanks!

schrodinger

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message
> What is the best place to go to discuss issues, or just general stuff
> about Battlefield 2?
>
> Right now my biggest issue is my connection. I played the demo to death
> with nary a connection issue. First day or so with Battlefield 2 was good
> as well.
>
> Now I am getting constant lag issues, and frequent disconnects. Before I
> go too far, I want to see if this is a recurring problem for many people,
> or if it might be my router, modem, or even internet connection. I even
> made my PC the DMZ host so all ports are open, so that will not be an
> issue.
>
> I am beginning to believe it is a hardware issue, only because we have
> been getting slow or no internet connection lately from just surfing the
> web. But the last day, internet connection has been good, but am still
> getting lag. Beginning 10 minutes of game is usually just fine, but after
> that it can start to become laggy, and/or disconnect (I guess that's the
> ultimate lag issue).
>
> Thanks!

Hi.

Try: alt.games.battlefield1942
alt.games.ea.battlefield

For Newsgroup discussion.

The forums at www.planetbattlefield.com seem ok, also maybe www.bf2.com

Try
http://www.shackbattles.com/wiki/index.php/Battlefield_2

For a "wiki" about BF2.

Good luck.

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

"Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote in message
> "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> What is the best place to go to discuss issues, or just general stuff
>> about Battlefield 2?

> Try: alt.games.battlefield1942
> alt.games.ea.battlefield
>
> For Newsgroup discussion.
>
> The forums at www.planetbattlefield.com seem ok, also maybe www.bf2.com

And www.bf2.org and www.ecgn.com and www.battlefieldfrontlines.com are
pretty decent, too.

The problem with the BF web forums is that there's so dang many of them, not
any one of them is the 'best'... people are too spread out all over them
causing each site to not have that many members and/or posts.

>> Right now my biggest issue is my connection. I played the demo to death
>> with nary a connection issue. First day or so with Battlefield 2 was good
>> as well.
>>
>> Now I am getting constant lag issues, and frequent disconnects. Before I
>> go too far, I want to see if this is a recurring problem for many people,
>> or if it might be my router, modem, or even internet connection. I even
>> made my PC the DMZ host so all ports are open, so that will not be an
>> issue.

Not that just about EVERYBODY is complaining about severe lag, especially on
the ranked servers, and definitely on the 64 player ranked servers. I've
not yet seen a 64 player ranked server that does not lag such that it's
playable. I've decided to avoid them and have been sticking with the 32
servers for now until EA/DICE fess up and do something about it.

>> I am beginning to believe it is a hardware issue, only because we have
>> been getting slow or no internet connection lately from just surfing the
>> web. But the last day, internet connection has been good, but am still
>> getting lag. Beginning 10 minutes of game is usually just fine, but after
>> that it can start to become laggy, and/or disconnect (I guess that's the
>> ultimate lag issue).

Andrew

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:03:39 -0400, "HockeyTownUSA"
<magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:

>What is the best place to go to discuss issues, or just general stuff about
>Battlefield 2?

I don't know about best, but alt.games.ea.battlefield and
alt.games.battlefield1942 would be a better bet than here.

HockeyTownUSA wrote:
> What is the best place to go to discuss issues, or just general stuff about
> Battlefield 2?
>
> Right now my biggest issue is my connection. I played the demo to death with
> nary a connection issue. First day or so with Battlefield 2 was good as
> well.
>
> Now I am getting constant lag issues, and frequent disconnects. Before I go
> too far, I want to see if this is a recurring problem for many people, or if
> it might be my router, modem, or even internet connection. I even made my PC
> the DMZ host so all ports are open, so that will not be an issue.
>
> I am beginning to believe it is a hardware issue, only because we have been
> getting slow or no internet connection lately from just surfing the web. But
> the last day, internet connection has been good, but am still getting lag.
> Beginning 10 minutes of game is usually just fine, but after that it can
> start to become laggy, and/or disconnect (I guess that's the ultimate lag
> issue).
>
> Thanks!

IMHO the best place for BF2 info (forums and general postings) is
www.planetbattlefield.com.

Bob

Rocky

"Nonymous" <noham@nospam.com> wrote in message
> The problem with the BF web forums is that there's so dang many of them,
> not any one of them is the 'best'... people are too spread out all over
> them causing each site to not have that many members and/or posts.

I don't know about that, the forums at
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/forum.asp?fid=7419 are very
busy.

--
Rocky
GhostRecon.net | AGR-S.com | Tactical-Elite.net

__

TRENDING THREADS