BF2 demo crashes on startup

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 28, 2005 9:00:22 PM

when I try to run BF2 demo, first the screen goes blank, then I get
dumped back into the desktop and a "this program has caused an error" box
pops up. I have directx 9.0c and nvidia 77.72 forceware. Am I screwed?

I guess I could buy the full game but I don't know if it'll be any
different.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 11:06:37 PM

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:00:22 GMT, darius <noone@here.invalid> wrote:

>when I try to run BF2 demo, first the screen goes blank, then I get
>dumped back into the desktop and a "this program has caused an error" box
>pops up. I have directx 9.0c and nvidia 77.72 forceware. Am I screwed?

Read the BF2 Demo readme - REQUIRED READING....
The game does not support pre-FX cards, for example.
If no alarm-bells in the readme - load 77.30. Try again.

If all else fails re-install your OS and apps.........or
your latest full backup and try again ( with 77.30
of course...)

>I guess I could buy the full game but I don't know if it'll be any
>different.

Nope. The demo is very representative indeed ! A courtesy by
DICE to allow potential purchases an opportunity to check-out
the game and check their systems on a very high-performance
game before parting with hard-earned money . Like the original
BF1942 demos, and the Far Cry demos too.

John Lewis
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 6:58:05 AM

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:16:31 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net>
wrote:

>John Lewis <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Nope. The demo is very representative indeed ! A courtesy by
>> DICE to allow potential purchases an opportunity to check-out
>> the game and check their systems on a very high-performance
>> game before parting with hard-earned money . Like the original
>> BF1942 demos, and the Far Cry demos too.
>>
>> John Lewis
>
>if only the developers of riddick and boiling point had afforded pc gamers
>that same courtesy.. oh well!
>
>what was that you used to say about developers and publishers who didn't
>release demos? something about being greedy.. would never purchase a
>game without playing a demo beforehand.. refresh my memory?

Hijacking threads again as usual ??

You are a mind-numbing twat. Go back and read ALL of my
posts re the above games and demos........ You make a fine
barrack-room lawyer... just stay out of a real court-room.

Finished school yet ? Grades this year worse than last ?
Not enough time for homework? Too much time playing
computer-games ?

John Lewis
!