BF2 demo crashes on startup

when I try to run BF2 demo, first the screen goes blank, then I get
dumped back into the desktop and a "this program has caused an error" box
pops up. I have directx 9.0c and nvidia 77.72 forceware. Am I screwed?

I guess I could buy the full game but I don't know if it'll be any
different.
2 answers Last reply
More about demo crashes startup

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:00:22 GMT, darius <noone@here.invalid> wrote:

    >when I try to run BF2 demo, first the screen goes blank, then I get
    >dumped back into the desktop and a "this program has caused an error" box
    >pops up. I have directx 9.0c and nvidia 77.72 forceware. Am I screwed?

    Read the BF2 Demo readme - REQUIRED READING....
    The game does not support pre-FX cards, for example.
    If no alarm-bells in the readme - load 77.30. Try again.

    If all else fails re-install your OS and apps.........or
    your latest full backup and try again ( with 77.30
    of course...)

    >I guess I could buy the full game but I don't know if it'll be any
    >different.

    Nope. The demo is very representative indeed ! A courtesy by
    DICE to allow potential purchases an opportunity to check-out
    the game and check their systems on a very high-performance
    game before parting with hard-earned money . Like the original
    BF1942 demos, and the Far Cry demos too.

    John Lewis

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:16:31 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net>
    wrote:

    >John Lewis <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Nope. The demo is very representative indeed ! A courtesy by
    >> DICE to allow potential purchases an opportunity to check-out
    >> the game and check their systems on a very high-performance
    >> game before parting with hard-earned money . Like the original
    >> BF1942 demos, and the Far Cry demos too.
    >>
    >> John Lewis
    >
    >if only the developers of riddick and boiling point had afforded pc gamers
    >that same courtesy.. oh well!
    >
    >what was that you used to say about developers and publishers who didn't
    >release demos? something about being greedy.. would never purchase a
    >game without playing a demo beforehand.. refresh my memory?

    Hijacking threads again as usual ??

    You are a mind-numbing twat. Go back and read ALL of my
    posts re the above games and demos........ You make a fine
    barrack-room lawyer... just stay out of a real court-room.

    Finished school yet ? Grades this year worse than last ?
    Not enough time for homework? Too much time playing
    computer-games ?

    John Lewis

PC gaming Video Games