WillG

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
This is my first post. I need help for music cd audio. I recently had to download new drivers for my soundcard. Every thing works fine, exept I have no sound for music cd. System sound is ok. Midi music plays. There does not appear to be any conflicts anywhere. All volumn controls are
turned up.Cd sound is plugged into sound card.In system
information, componets, multimedia, under cdrom. cdaudio is
disabled. Waveaudio is also disabled.Can any one help?

Never too old to learn

Did you uninstall the old drivers, before you installed the new ones, if you didn't thats your problem.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

WillG

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
You are right I did not give enough details. The problem is on my old pc.(Just built a new one) I wiped the HDD clean formatted,partitioned and installed win98se. I thought I had all the disks to install drivers etc. for all my hardware. As it turned out I could not find install disk for my sound card, which is a Acer Magic with Maestro 1948f chip.I found and downloaded the necessary drivers at ESS website. Every thing worked fine except the sound for CDROM.
No conflicts show up in the system at all. However since my first post I noticed on post up as it flashed on the screen. "Incorrect resource assignment. SB may not exist at I/o port 220. If this is the problem, how do I correct it? I am new at this and trying to learn.
System is: Win 98se
233 MHz pent mmx
Quantum Bigfoot 4.3 gb
52x Cd-Rom
Generic 3.5" fdd
64 MB installed memory
56k internal flex modem
Trident 9685 pci vid card
Acer w/Maestro chip sound card
Any help appreciated.

Never too old to learn

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Maybe you don't have that audio out connector cable connected from the back of the cd-rom to the sound card.

<i><font color=blue>There is no failure when you believe in success.</font color=blue></i>

WillG

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
You were right orbz. The cable was connected, but to the wrong connector on the sound card. There are 4 different connectors on the sound card. The right one is plainly marked ide. My bad. Works perfectly now. Thanks

Never too old to learn

TRENDING THREADS