Closed

how to crack ilok

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
September 8, 2004 3:50:06 PM

There has been a lot of talk about ilok plugins over the last 2 years
how secure they are and how unbreakable they are plug ins for pro
tools are very expensive. So if you want to crack them. One way would
be to install xp or your os from scratch install all your software
that you want including all pro tools software and all the demos from
pro tools web page these all work for 7 to 14 days depending on the
plug inn after which they need to be authorised.
Take an image of your pc with something like Norton ghost and keep it
on another drive. Also store all your pro tools audio on another drive
on your system usually a slave anyway on most pro tools systems. When
the demo's run out its just a matter of booting to ghost and remerging
the drive take maybe 5 minutes "bingo" you can use protools again with
all its plug ins and all your audio is on another drive saving you
thousands.

Of Course and hear is the clever part

When your reimaging your drive make sure you run a debug script to
blow away all the partitions on you drive like the one below.

Debug
-F 200 L1000 0
-A CS:100
xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301
xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200
xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1
xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80

<<...OLE_Obj...>> NOTE: Type 80 for the Main hard drive - HD 0, or
type 81 for the Second hard drive - HD 1

xxxx:010C INT 13
xxxx:010E INT 20
xxxx:0110 (Leave this line blank and press the <Enter> key)
-G The message, Program terminated normally, appears.
Press the power button to turn off the computer.

This in itself will not work if you reimage at this stag when you
reinstall all your software go to all that hassle it will still stay
your plug ins have expired when you switch on pro tools. This is
because ilok goes down to a firmware level that's right on to your
motherboard. To combat this after you run the debug script do a bios
flash as well. A disk is available from most computer companies this
will give the impression to the ilok software that this is a new
system and the plug inns will reset. This can be done as many time's
as you like. Ps if your power goes down during a bios flash your
motherboard is useless and will need to be replaced. You have been
warned ?

Regards

Mark

More about : crack ilok

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 10:56:57 PM

This isn't an ilok crack. It's merely a suggestion to plugin manufacturers
that they should require ilok authorizations for their product demos.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 11:45:10 PM

In article <2f33a097.0409081050.1618446c@posting.google.com>,
markobrien22@hotmail.com (Mark) wrote:
[snip]
> Of Course and hear is the clever part
>
> When your reimaging your drive make sure you run a debug script to
> blow away all the partitions on you drive like the one below.
>
> Debug
> -F 200 L1000 0
> -A CS:100
> xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301
> xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200
> xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1
> xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80
[snip - more x86 assembler deleted]

That ought to work real nice on a Mac...

;-)

Regards,

Monte McGuire
monte.mcguire@verizon.net
September 9, 2004 10:24:46 AM

> Debug
> -F 200 L1000 0
> -A CS:100
> xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301
> xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200
> xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1
> xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80
>
> <<...OLE_Obj...>> NOTE: Type 80 for the Main hard drive - HD 0, or
> type 81 for the Second hard drive - HD 1

Isn't more time and cost efficient to pay for the iLok and to pay for the
plug ins?

--
Chris White, Freelance Advertising Writer & Voice Overs*
Email: chris@chriswhite.com Web: www.chriswhite.com

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 06:24:46 -0400, Chris! <chris@chriswhite.com> wrote:

>> Debug
>> -F 200 L1000 0
>> -A CS:100
>> xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301
>> xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200
>> xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1
>> xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80
>>
>> <<...OLE_Obj...>> NOTE: Type 80 for the Main hard drive - HD 0, or
>> type 81 for the Second hard drive - HD 1

Given access to a debugger, such creativity is trivially simple.

Why not just buy the damn thing? Oh . .right . .you're posting a crack.
Excuse me while I yawn.
Anonymous
February 5, 2010 3:00:55 PM

i could go on for an hour about how waves has stolen money from me, personally. the company is run by a gaggle of thieves. i just took it on the chin, i won't use them and i've moved along. altiverb, gone, antares, outta here. i put a new policy in effect in that i will *NOT* have an ilok on my brand new system, not even the extension.

just last night i had to cancel a recording session because ilok prevented the host software from launching (not my place), but i would like to send the bill to the PACE thugs who *guarantee* zero downtime, which, by the way, you have to pay extra for. PTOOOIE!

i don't steal software but i'm treated like a criminal with a system that i have to pay for and steals clock cycles from my processor, to boot.

vote with your dollars. don't buy software from companies that require ilok.
February 8, 2010 11:47:12 AM

This topic has been closed by Mrface
!