Wireless problems with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 135

nickldj

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Dear everyone,

I have a brand new laptop for 2 weeks now with an Intel Centrino Wireless N-135 wifi card. I had it ship to my father's house because I was spending my holiday there. I installed everything when I was there and it worked perfectly, untill I started using it back at mom's house. After using it for about 2 hours the wireless connection started dropping with intervals of 10 minutes but would quickly reconnect after. It was really annoying so I uninstalled the drivers and got the newest ones from intel (I was using the ones from the driver dvd before). Somehow this seemed to fix it because I never encountered it again.
2 days ago due to some circumstances I had to reformat the drive and reinstall everything, which was no problem, until I started using the wifi again. After a couple of hours the wireless connection dropped and I couldn't reconnect no matter what I did. When connecting to my network it asks for the password, when I enter it it will say Windows was unable to connect to this network shortly after.
I already have the newest drivers so I tried an older version but to no avail. No one else in the house is having problems connecting through wifi. I unplugged our wireless access point for 5 minutes and plugged it back in. After that I could connect again, but this morning when I woke up I found my computer not being able to connect again, currently I'm using my brother's wifi usb adapter with zero problems. I tried turning off n-mode in the device settings, i tried turning off the bluetooth module, I tried my dvd drivers again, etc but nothing works. I have no problems connecting at my dad's house or at my uni, I can even connect to my neighbour's unprotected network without problem, so I'm really clueless here...

Any help/tips is greatly appreciated!

westerdaled

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

Hi me too.

Brand new laptop and first excessive bufering and now no intenet conneton ( tho wifi connectd)

daniel

Nickolaeris

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hi guys, I have same problems - got 2 same laptops for me and my wife, and both are loosing connection after some time. It may look like:
1) connected, but not working
2) can see network, but not connecting
3) not seeing any networks
Tried reinstalling drivers several times, both from Intel and laptop manufacturer (MSI) sites. It became more stable with latest drivers (december 2012), but still sometimes fails.
The only temporary cure I've found (except reboot), is to disconnect "Centrino Wireless-N 135" in Device Manager and then turn it back on.

andreas1

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
I'm having the same problem with the same network adapter on my new MSI laptop.

When I lose wireless connection, and it happens more than my experience with oter laptops, I either have to disable and then enable the wireless network adapter or reboot to establish the connection again. My family has 3 other laptops and they do not have this problem. I figure the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 135 adapter must have some glich.

I have advised MSI of this but no reply yet.

Nickolaeris

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
I've found the fix for that. Install Intel PROSet/Wireless, then right-click on it in tray and choose "Use Windows to manage Wi-Fi". As long as Windows manages Wi-Fi, everything is great.
Absolutely no problems after that, except in very rare cases PROSet takes control back (you just have to repeat this action). Also, you can use "Reset PROSet" instead of disabling/enabling adapter.

Kekomal

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Using Windows to manage Wi-Fi and disabling mode 802.11n has improved my experience, but the performance of the N 135 of my MSI GE60 is still very poor compared to any other device at my home.

Nickolaeris

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013

No need to disable 802.11n, everything will work. Just make Windows manage wi-fi - and this will be enough. And performance will be much greater than without it.

petermark222

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Thanks!! This is solved my problem!! I have a Lenovo G500, and now the wifi is working just fine!