CaesarCZ

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
I got two disks, an old 15 gig IBM and a new 80 gig IBM. I never played with BIOS much, so I found out my disks are not detected just a while ago... In bios (ASUS A7V mb, Award Medallion 6.0 Bios) I have the Primary M & S taken by a CD and a CD-RW drives. In the Secondary M & S, both the disks are plugged.

Bios detects the CD drives all right, but for disks, it find nothing. It's just left to AutoDetect.

So, when I start booting, that table with detecting appears:
Primary Master.....CD
Primary Slave......CD-Yamaha
Secondary Master.....None
Secondary Slave.....None

okay. the disks are not found. I would never mind, cause the systems boots from the secondary master disk for over a year now :(. But now the idea of installing W2000 came to my mind. I switched to boot from CD-ROM (primary master). The W2000 installation prog started but told I have no harddrives plugged in...

Could anybody help me? I've read the mb manual's topic regarding this, but except trying to configure it to UserType HDD which results (with both LBA and Follow the Partition Table - didn't and I'm prolly not gonna try to set the numbers manually) in a Secondary Master/Slave Failed message. ANY hint is apperciated...

The cables are connected, I see both the disk in my W98 correctly. I got no software/documentation/whatsever to the disks to be said

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Put your HDs on Primary channel instead of Secondary to see if WinXP can recognize them.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.