Wierd Internet Speed Problem... HELP!

JonCeles

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Ok guys... Really need your help, I've been bugging out over this for the past 3 weeks...

My isp is road runner...

I had Turbo which is 30mbps down and 2mbps upload...
I upgraded to extreme which is 50mbps down and 5mbps up...

I own a Linksys E2000 and the speed WILL NOT change even if I change my IP adress....
But yet if I change to a Netgear WPN824 v3, the upload speed and download completely change....

Honestly I have called roadrunner about 5 times and they always reply with, we are sending you the speed. There is nothing we can do on our end...

Any ideas? I can't stand this... Thanks....

JonCeles

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

Ok so, directly hooked up to the modem its 50mbps down and 5mbps up.

I dislike the netgear because it doesn't have sufficient speed to live stream, and upload consistently... I'd rather use my E2000 since it was built for it and I get better pings with it...

PS: When I said my upload speed and download speed completely change on the NETGEAR, It only hits 30mbps download, and
3mbps upload...

The only time ive actually achieved my true upload speed is when its directly plugged into the modem...

For reference, I have the wireless turned off, and no other Ethernet cables or usb's connected... When I am using my E2000....

I've also tried changing the Ethernet cable in the back of the modem and router... Doesn't change a thing...

Honestly, I don't think its the E2000, I think its a internal error on the DNS. I mean, after a bunch of tests I noticed that my IP changes every single time... When ever its a ?.?.?.76 it gets 50down and 5up. Every time its ?.?.?.35 it gets 30down and 3up, and every time its ?.?.?.12 it gets 30down and 2up. LOL

Just for some more technical information, the connection is Cable.

sk1939

Distinguished
DNS has nothing to do with your speed, all DNS does is change google.com to 74.125.228.70 in your browser. The rest of it has to do with the shared nature of cable, from the sound of it. You could also try upgrading your router to see if it helps at all (try the Asus RT-56U).