Looking for help to make BF2 working on my mobile - Thank-..

Hi there,

I'm wondering whether any of you gurus succeeded (or would
be able to) in getting Battlefield 2 working on a portable PC.

Yes, I know it's not officially supported, but I already purchased
a copy of the game, and even though I should have read the min
req before buying it, I feel myself a bit too punished, for my
very first PC-game purchase :-(

Initially, I could not get it working at all, it was hanging after
the FMV; no menu at all. Now, after applying a new video driver, I
get to the menu, but it hangs while once the "optimizing" bar gets
to a few percentage points.

A few details on my system follow. I would so much appreciate
your help in getting the PC running.

Rgds
Andrea.

System Model: Compaq nx7010 (DU259A#ABZ)
BIOS: 8051 Version 24.55
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1600MHz, ~600MHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 335MB used, 909MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1
(2600.xpsp2.050301-1526)
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI MOBILITY/RADEON 9200 AGP (0x4C66)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4C66&SUBSYS_08600E11&REV_01
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (16 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Default Monitor
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6546 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/3/2005 14:41:00, 226816 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
Mini VDD Date: 6/3/2005 14:41:00, 1133056 bytes
5 answers Last reply
More about looking make working mobile thank

    "Andrea" wrote
    > Hi there,

    > I'm wondering whether any of you gurus succeeded (or would
    > be able to) in getting Battlefield 2 working on a portable PC.

    In the UK they're called 'laptops', in the US 'notebooks'.

    In which country are they called 'mobiles' and 'portable PCs'?

    (I know that sounds like a sarcastic comment - but I would like to know).

    On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:15:56 GMT, "Andrea" <agatti@despammed.com>
    wrote:

    >I'm wondering whether any of you gurus succeeded (or would
    >be able to) in getting Battlefield 2 working on a portable PC.

    Running things on a laptop is no different to a desktop. If you don't
    have the right hardware (which your video chipset obviously isn't), it
    won't work.

    Thusly "Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> Spake Unto All:

    >> I'm wondering whether any of you gurus succeeded (or would
    >> be able to) in getting Battlefield 2 working on a portable PC.
    >
    >In the UK they're called 'laptops', in the US 'notebooks'.
    >
    >In which country are they called 'mobiles' and 'portable PCs'?

    AFAIK 'mobile' is another name for cellphone, and 'portable' is an
    older name for laptop.

    "Mean_Chlorine" <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Thusly "Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> Spake Unto All:
    >
    >>> I'm wondering whether any of you gurus succeeded (or would
    >>> be able to) in getting Battlefield 2 working on a portable PC.
    >>
    >>In the UK they're called 'laptops', in the US 'notebooks'.
    >>
    >>In which country are they called 'mobiles' and 'portable PCs'?
    >
    > AFAIK 'mobile' is another name for cellphone, and 'portable' is an
    > older name for laptop.

    Yeah I also thought she was asking how to play battlefield 2 on her phone.
    =)

    "Magnulus" <magnulus@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > They are called laptops in the US too. "Notebook" is the
    > "sophisticated"
    > name.

    I was thinking the same thing. I can't even remember the last time I heard
    somebody here in the states say "notebook" to refer to their "laptop".

    Of course, go to the websites (dell, gateway, etc.), they do all use
    "notebook".

PC gaming Video Games