Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Looking for help to make BF2 working on my mobile - Thank-..

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
July 2, 2005 12:15:56 AM

Hi there,

I'm wondering whether any of you gurus succeeded (or would
be able to) in getting Battlefield 2 working on a portable PC.

Yes, I know it's not officially supported, but I already purchased
a copy of the game, and even though I should have read the min
req before buying it, I feel myself a bit too punished, for my
very first PC-game purchase :-(

Initially, I could not get it working at all, it was hanging after
the FMV; no menu at all. Now, after applying a new video driver, I
get to the menu, but it hangs while once the "optimizing" bar gets
to a few percentage points.

A few details on my system follow. I would so much appreciate
your help in getting the PC running.

Rgds
Andrea.

System Model: Compaq nx7010 (DU259A#ABZ)
BIOS: 8051 Version 24.55
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1600MHz, ~600MHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 335MB used, 909MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1
(2600.xpsp2.050301-1526)
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI MOBILITY/RADEON 9200 AGP (0x4C66)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4C66&SUBSYS_08600E11&REV_01
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (16 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Default Monitor
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6546 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/3/2005 14:41:00, 226816 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
Mini VDD Date: 6/3/2005 14:41:00, 1133056 bytes

More about : make bf2 working mobile

July 2, 2005 1:58:56 AM

"Andrea" wrote
> Hi there,

> I'm wondering whether any of you gurus succeeded (or would
> be able to) in getting Battlefield 2 working on a portable PC.

In the UK they're called 'laptops', in the US 'notebooks'.

In which country are they called 'mobiles' and 'portable PCs'?

(I know that sounds like a sarcastic comment - but I would like to know).
July 2, 2005 3:38:30 AM

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:15:56 GMT, "Andrea" <agatti@despammed.com>
wrote:

>I'm wondering whether any of you gurus succeeded (or would
>be able to) in getting Battlefield 2 working on a portable PC.

Running things on a laptop is no different to a desktop. If you don't
have the right hardware (which your video chipset obviously isn't), it
won't work.
July 2, 2005 4:55:45 AM

Thusly "Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> Spake Unto All:

>> I'm wondering whether any of you gurus succeeded (or would
>> be able to) in getting Battlefield 2 working on a portable PC.
>
>In the UK they're called 'laptops', in the US 'notebooks'.
>
>In which country are they called 'mobiles' and 'portable PCs'?

AFAIK 'mobile' is another name for cellphone, and 'portable' is an
older name for laptop.
July 2, 2005 11:06:10 PM

"Mean_Chlorine" <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Thusly "Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> Spake Unto All:
>
>>> I'm wondering whether any of you gurus succeeded (or would
>>> be able to) in getting Battlefield 2 working on a portable PC.
>>
>>In the UK they're called 'laptops', in the US 'notebooks'.
>>
>>In which country are they called 'mobiles' and 'portable PCs'?
>
> AFAIK 'mobile' is another name for cellphone, and 'portable' is an
> older name for laptop.

Yeah I also thought she was asking how to play battlefield 2 on her phone.
=)
July 4, 2005 3:58:42 PM

"Magnulus" <magnulus@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> They are called laptops in the US too. "Notebook" is the
> "sophisticated"
> name.

I was thinking the same thing. I can't even remember the last time I heard
somebody here in the states say "notebook" to refer to their "laptop".

Of course, go to the websites (dell, gateway, etc.), they do all use
"notebook".