2 Years Later and Planetside is Still The Best Game Going

Sure, we all have our favorites. Mine is Planetside. I've played all
the games -- from HL2 to Doom3 to CS and the BF2 demo. Yea, they're
fun games, BUT...

If you like:
* teamwork
* the ability to lead platoons of 30 people and see them on the HUD
* the community of a persistent MMO (PS is the only true MMOFPS)
* a huge variety of weapons
* lots of land and air vehicles
* huge maps
* FPS action AND tactical strategy

Then Planetside is worth a second look. Or perhaps a first. There's a
new Dev team in place and they really are on the right track. And
there's lots of cool new additions coming every month -- all for one
highly worthwhile monthly fee.

Why am I posting this you ask? What do I get out of it? The answer is
more members.

I lead one of the largest, most successful outfits (clans) in
Planetside: The Azure Twilight. We are on the Emerald Server playing
the Vanu Sovereignty empire (there are three empires or factions). I'd
like YOU to come try Planetside and play with us and see if you don't
think its the most fun online game you ever played (Assuming teamwork
and tactical ops plus awesome FPS action is your thing).

You can buy and download the game right now online for $19.95 and get
your first month free, or you can buy it and have it mailed to you for
only $4.95. Just go to my clan's website and visit the Links and
Downloads section for all the details:
http://www.azuretwilight.org

Give Planetside a try. 2 Years Later and its still the best game
going.
--
Francko
Azure Twilight

    Thus spake frankb@yahoo.com, 1 Jul 2005 17:07:49 -0700, Anno Domini:

    >Sure, we all have our favorites. Mine is Planetside. I've played all
    >the games -- from HL2 to Doom3 to CS and the BF2 demo. Yea, they're
    >fun games, BUT...
    >
    >If you like:
    >* teamwork
    >* the ability to lead platoons of 30 people and see them on the HUD
    >* the community of a persistent MMO (PS is the only true MMOFPS)
    >* a huge variety of weapons
    >* lots of land and air vehicles
    >* huge maps
    >* FPS action AND tactical strategy
    >
    >Then Planetside is worth a second look. Or perhaps a first. There's a
    >new Dev team in place and they really are on the right track. And
    >there's lots of cool new additions coming every month -- all for one
    >highly worthwhile monthly fee.
    >
    >Why am I posting this you ask? What do I get out of it? The answer is
    >more members.
    >
    >I lead one of the largest, most successful outfits (clans) in
    >Planetside: The Azure Twilight. We are on the Emerald Server playing
    >the Vanu Sovereignty empire (there are three empires or factions). I'd
    >like YOU to come try Planetside and play with us and see if you don't
    >think its the most fun online game you ever played (Assuming teamwork
    >and tactical ops plus awesome FPS action is your thing).
    >
    >You can buy and download the game right now online for $19.95 and get
    >your first month free, or you can buy it and have it mailed to you for
    >only $4.95. Just go to my clan's website and visit the Links and
    >Downloads section for all the details:
    >http://www.azuretwilight.org
    >
    >Give Planetside a try. 2 Years Later and its still the best game
    >going.

    Man, a bit of spam I'm actually going to follow up on...I must be slipping
    :)

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

    Thus spake frankb@yahoo.com, 1 Jul 2005 17:07:49 -0700, Anno Domini:

    >Sure, we all have our favorites. Mine is Planetside. I've played all
    >the games -- from HL2 to Doom3 to CS and the BF2 demo. Yea, they're
    >fun games, BUT...
    >
    >If you like:
    >* teamwork
    >* the ability to lead platoons of 30 people and see them on the HUD
    >* the community of a persistent MMO (PS is the only true MMOFPS)
    >* a huge variety of weapons
    >* lots of land and air vehicles
    >* huge maps
    >* FPS action AND tactical strategy
    >
    >Then Planetside is worth a second look. Or perhaps a first. There's a
    >new Dev team in place and they really are on the right track. And
    >there's lots of cool new additions coming every month -- all for one
    >highly worthwhile monthly fee.
    >
    >Why am I posting this you ask? What do I get out of it? The answer is
    >more members.
    >
    >I lead one of the largest, most successful outfits (clans) in
    >Planetside: The Azure Twilight. We are on the Emerald Server playing
    >the Vanu Sovereignty empire (there are three empires or factions). I'd
    >like YOU to come try Planetside and play with us and see if you don't
    >think its the most fun online game you ever played (Assuming teamwork
    >and tactical ops plus awesome FPS action is your thing).
    >
    >You can buy and download the game right now online for $19.95 and get
    >your first month free, or you can buy it and have it mailed to you for
    >only $4.95. Just go to my clan's website and visit the Links and
    >Downloads section for all the details:
    >http://www.azuretwilight.org
    >
    >Give Planetside a try. 2 Years Later and its still the best game
    >going.

    Can you explain this pricing structure please:

    ----
    Buy and instantly Download Planetside & Core Combat for $19.95

    Buy and instantly Download Core Combat Expansion Pack only for $9.95

    Buy Planetside Aftershock (incl. Core Combat) on Outpost.com for $16.99

    Buy Planetside only (no Core Combat) at Outpost.com for $4.90.
    ----

    Why is getting the game instantly online so much more expensive than having
    it mailed out??? From what I can see with my basic maths:

    Online Mailout
    Planetside $10.00 $4.90
    Core combat $9.95 $16.99/2 ?
    Aftershock ?? $16.99/2 ?

    I refuse to be penalised for not wanting a box & CD. Or is 'Outpost' having
    a clearance sale or something? Aren't both Direct2Drive and Outpost 3rd
    parties? Can one get this online direct via SOE?

    Anyone know if this game is any good? How many servers/players? What's the
    lag to Aus like?

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

    I went and bought PS with all expansion packs from Best Buy for $20 includes
    30 sub. after wasting $10 for just PS from Direct2Drive and finding out that
    there download is not compatible with any PS expansion packs. I will never
    again buy from D2D.

    Kaledin

    "Nostromo" <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in message
    > Thus spake frankb@yahoo.com, 1 Jul 2005 17:07:49 -0700, Anno Domini:
    >
    >>Sure, we all have our favorites. Mine is Planetside. I've played all
    >>the games -- from HL2 to Doom3 to CS and the BF2 demo. Yea, they're
    >>fun games, BUT...
    >>
    >>If you like:
    >>* teamwork
    >>* the ability to lead platoons of 30 people and see them on the HUD
    >>* the community of a persistent MMO (PS is the only true MMOFPS)
    >>* a huge variety of weapons
    >>* lots of land and air vehicles
    >>* huge maps
    >>* FPS action AND tactical strategy
    >>
    >>Then Planetside is worth a second look. Or perhaps a first. There's a
    >>new Dev team in place and they really are on the right track. And
    >>there's lots of cool new additions coming every month -- all for one
    >>highly worthwhile monthly fee.
    >>
    >>Why am I posting this you ask? What do I get out of it? The answer is
    >>more members.
    >>
    >>I lead one of the largest, most successful outfits (clans) in
    >>Planetside: The Azure Twilight. We are on the Emerald Server playing
    >>the Vanu Sovereignty empire (there are three empires or factions). I'd
    >>like YOU to come try Planetside and play with us and see if you don't
    >>think its the most fun online game you ever played (Assuming teamwork
    >>and tactical ops plus awesome FPS action is your thing).
    >>
    >>You can buy and download the game right now online for $19.95 and get
    >>your first month free, or you can buy it and have it mailed to you for
    >>only $4.95. Just go to my clan's website and visit the Links and
    >>Downloads section for all the details:
    >>http://www.azuretwilight.org
    >>
    >>Give Planetside a try. 2 Years Later and its still the best game
    >>going.
    >
    > Can you explain this pricing structure please:
    >
    > ----
    > Buy and instantly Download Planetside & Core Combat for $19.95
    >
    > Buy and instantly Download Core Combat Expansion Pack only for $9.95
    >
    > Buy Planetside Aftershock (incl. Core Combat) on Outpost.com for $16.99
    >
    > Buy Planetside only (no Core Combat) at Outpost.com for $4.90.
    > ----
    >
    > Why is getting the game instantly online so much more expensive than
    > having
    > it mailed out??? From what I can see with my basic maths:
    >
    > Online Mailout
    > Planetside $10.00 $4.90
    > Core combat $9.95 $16.99/2 ?
    > Aftershock ?? $16.99/2 ?
    >
    > I refuse to be penalised for not wanting a box & CD. Or is 'Outpost'
    > having
    > a clearance sale or something? Aren't both Direct2Drive and Outpost 3rd
    > parties? Can one get this online direct via SOE?
    >
    > Anyone know if this game is any good? How many servers/players? What's the
    > lag to Aus like?
    >
    > --
    > A killfile is a friend for life.
    >
    > Replace 'spamfree' with the other word for 'maze' to reply via email.

    Here are the answers to your questions.

    The pricing I show on my website is not from Sony, its from various
    retailers. I"m just giving you some options. You can buy it in the
    store (if you can find it).

    The monthly fee is $12.99 or less if you commit to more months. It is
    worth it.

    There are only 3 servers. It is a MMO (massively multiplayer online)
    game. You make a character and it STAYS on that server. My outfit is
    on Emerald, the east coast server. I am in California and get a fine
    ping on Emerald -- the gameplay is far better on that server for some
    reason.

    I am just trying to help you all find a truly amazing game (yes, and
    recruit new members to my outfit).

    Thus spake "Kaledin" <kaledin@adelphia.net>, Fri, 1 Jul 2005 21:19:47 -0600,
    Anno Domini:

    >I went and bought PS with all expansion packs from Best Buy for $20 includes
    >30 sub. after wasting $10 for just PS from Direct2Drive and finding out that
    >there download is not compatible with any PS expansion packs. I will never
    >again buy from D2D.
    >
    >Kaledin

    Nice. Tx for the heads up Kaledin.

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

    Thus spake "Francko" <frankb@yahoo.com>, 2 Jul 2005 14:17:35 -0700, Anno
    Domini:

    >Here are the answers to your questions.
    >
    >The pricing I show on my website is not from Sony, its from various
    >retailers. I"m just giving you some options. You can buy it in the
    >store (if you can find it).
    >
    >The monthly fee is $12.99 or less if you commit to more months. It is
    >worth it.
    >
    >There are only 3 servers. It is a MMO (massively multiplayer online)
    >game. You make a character and it STAYS on that server. My outfit is
    >on Emerald, the east coast server. I am in California and get a fine
    >ping on Emerald -- the gameplay is far better on that server for some
    >reason.
    >
    >I am just trying to help you all find a truly amazing game (yes, and
    >recruit new members to my outfit).

    Tx mate, but I'd like to hear some more about the game dynamics, &
    especially from ppl who didn't like it & what & why...

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

    > Tx mate, but I'd like to hear some more about the game dynamics, &
    > especially from ppl who didn't like it & what & why...
    >
    > --
    > A killfile is a friend for life.
    >
    > Replace 'spamfree' with the other word for 'maze' to reply via email.

    It's not a bad game, but it suffers from the same problem every other
    team based FPS suffers from, and that's the braindead playerbase. 99%
    of all FPS players online play every game as if it were quake
    deathmatch. These fools think teamwork is for chumps. They simply can't
    be bothered to help their teammates, or work for any shared objective.
    All they want from a FPS is a way to mindlessly frag other players. Try
    to get these fools to work for the team and they either ignore you, or
    call you a noob.

    Personally, I find the mind numbing cycle of frag frag respawn to get
    dull real quick. What excites me is a group of players working together
    to do amazing things, but I guess I'm the only person who finds that
    interesting.

    Come play with us -- its all about working together as a team.
    http//www.azuretwilight.org

    On 3 Jul 2005 12:09:10 -0700, cyrakis@yahoo.com wrote:

    > What excites me is a group of players working together
    >to do amazing things,
    Give me an example of the amazing things your groups do and what games
    they do them in.

    Planetside was one of the only OL games I've played where I was
    actually on a team that worked together. We all had team speak and it
    was quite fun.

    And yes Planetside pwns.

PC gaming Games Favorites Video Games