Orange V600 Exceeds maximum limit cannot add mms

Tags:
  • Motorola
  • Phones
Last response: in Brands
July 15, 2004 3:14:06 AM

Got v600 sim free factory unlocked, tried sending picture message, wont go
try receiving- no joy. Phoned orange told my sim is to old and I need a more
modern one that can handle MMS, told to go to orange shop buy new sim old
number will be ported to sim and MMS enabled. Phone Orange shop, they say we
don't do that orange can simply enable your sim. Phone orange back explain
above, replies no problem I will send sim update, 5 mins later got update
now have GPRS, still no joy on sending or receiving MMS. Go to orange site
http://setup.orange.co.uk/myPhone/mms/3phone.asp?countr...
enter details get sim update enter code get message " Exceeds maximum limit
cannot add mms"

HELP!!!!

regards

Wayne

More about : orange v600 exceeds maximum limit add mms

Anonymous
July 21, 2004 9:36:23 PM

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:14:06 GMT, "WPS" <th012h1878@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:

>Got v600 sim free factory unlocked, tried sending picture message, wont go
>try receiving- no joy. Phoned orange told my sim is to old and I need a more
>modern one that can handle MMS, told to go to orange shop buy new sim old
>number will be ported to sim and MMS enabled. Phone Orange shop, they say we
>don't do that orange can simply enable your sim. Phone orange back explain
>above, replies no problem I will send sim update, 5 mins later got update
>now have GPRS, still no joy on sending or receiving MMS. Go to orange site
>http://setup.orange.co.uk/myPhone/mms/3phone.asp?countr...
>enter details get sim update enter code get message " Exceeds maximum limit
>cannot add mms"
>
>HELP!!!!
>
>regards
>
>Wayne

Hi,

Just stumbled over your post.

If I'm not wrong this message comes because you've got too many server
protocols and can't add any.

Please check a thing:
Menu (center soft button) -> messages -> select -> Menu (center soft
button) -> message setup -> select -> MMS Message setup -> Server info
-> select......

You'll have a menu box with the GPRS protocols, if there's lots of
them, you'll have to delete one (center soft button -> delete) to make
room for the Orange protocol.

Don't ask me what to delete, I'm in France and did it the hard way,
kicked them all out (I've flashed with a German SW so could delete
them all) and only installed (by SMS) the Orange Acte GPRS.

Good luck,

Ton