Sign in with
Your question

2 laptops but 1 cant connect to the internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 21, 2012 1:01:30 AM

Running several devices over my wireless network, an Alienware Mx17 laptop, Acer Aspire 8920 and Blackberry Playbook are the major ones.

This evening when I went to use the Mx17, which had been working fine earlier in the day, I was gretted by the lovley message telling me that while I was stil connected to the network, I no longer had internet connectivity.

I ran through the usual fixes, restarting the router, reconnecting to the network to no avail. Decided to fire up the Aspire to see if it was having similar problems but it connected just fine and had no internet issues. At this point I comletely deleted thewireless network and set it back up, comparing the various settings that are working on the Aspire as I went.

Still no luck. I have missed something and am all out of ideas.
August 22, 2012 12:45:06 PM

plmcnutt said:
Running several devices over my wireless network, an Alienware Mx17 laptop, Acer Aspire 8920 and Blackberry Playbook are the major ones.

This evening when I went to use the Mx17, which had been working fine earlier in the day, I was gretted by the lovley message telling me that while I was stil connected to the network, I no longer had internet connectivity.

I ran through the usual fixes, restarting the router, reconnecting to the network to no avail. Decided to fire up the Aspire to see if it was having similar problems but it connected just fine and had no internet issues. At this point I comletely deleted thewireless network and set it back up, comparing the various settings that are working on the Aspire as I went.

Still no luck. I have missed something and am all out of ideas.

Hi, Sorry I am having the same issue at the moment but I think this is the best bet to try and see if infact it is the same issue. Maybe someone will help soon, but in the meantime I might give you some stuff to check.

" " will be commands. ( I'm new to forums like this so bear with me)

Have you tried using LAN cable directly from the troubled laptop to the router? Result?

Can you goto Run > "cmd" > then post the output of the following from the troubled laptop.

> "ipconfig -all" - both laptops

> "ping www.google.com"
> "ping 4.2.2.2"
> "ping <ip address of the gateway/router>
> "tracert -d www.google.com"

Just a start.

m
l
Related resources
!