DVD Drive not recognised

zanna67

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Hi All,
I've recently purchased a Zoomstorm PC and am running Windows 7 professional. I was happily going along when the dvd driver stopped being seen. It is there in the BIOS. I have checked the SATA cables, I have checked the filters in the regedit - I have even been on the MShelp forums and done all advised. But to no avail. The DVD does open and shut and I think mechanically it is fine. I do think that I am missing some kind of driver - that isn't supported by Windows 7. Although it was there initially. I can't re-install Windows 7 as its ...my DVD drive!! The DVD is a Samsung
SH222AB - slimline. Any help would be really gratefully received. I realise that you probably need more information so if anyone can help - just let me know what you need.
Suz

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
go to device manager and if its there, right click on dvd drive and uninstall.....reboot and see if windows reinstalls it.......

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Try a new data cable and try a different MB port?

edit... just a thought... what happens if you change the BIOS to have 1st boot device the optical drive and start the PC with a boot disc in the drive? (Bypassing the OS on the HDD)