Boiling Point Road to Hell : Swearing, nudity or sexual re..

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Hi,

Sorry for the cross-post, I'm not sure what category this game fits into.

I was just wondering, does the game Boiling Point Road to Hell have
swearing, nudity (or scantily clad women) or sexual references in it?
I need to know if it is free of these things before I can buy it.

Thanks

--
Entry in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 readme.txt file:
RollerCoaster Tycoon2 must be played on a video card capable of

Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> Allow me to elaborate. Are the GTA games, where you go around killing
> innocent civilians, bad? YES. But is a game where you apparently
> kill drug dealers to rescue your daughter bad? NO!

Good and bad are judgments. They're just video games -- if you find
some offensive don't play them.

SG

"Asfand Yar Qazi" <ay0305@qazi.f2s.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the cross-post, I'm not sure what category this game fits into.
>
> I was just wondering, does the game Boiling Point Road to Hell have
> swearing, nudity (or scantily clad women) or sexual references in it?
> I need to know if it is free of these things before I can buy it.
>
> Thanks

hook

line

sinker

what's your score so far?

Oswald

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2004

On 3 Jul 2005 19:02:54 -0700, "shegeek72" <taragem72@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
>> Allow me to elaborate. Are the GTA games, where you go around killing
>> innocent civilians, bad? YES. But is a game where you apparently
>> kill drug dealers to rescue your daughter bad? NO!
>
>Good and bad are judgments. They're just video games -- if you find
>some offensive don't play them.

....and it seems that the OP would be happy to do just that, if someone
would simply answer the question.

Afraid I can't help, as I don't know the game.

- Oswald.

Oswald wrote:
> On 3 Jul 2005 19:02:54 -0700, "shegeek72" <taragem72@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
>>
>>>Allow me to elaborate. Are the GTA games, where you go around killing
>>>innocent civilians, bad? YES. But is a game where you apparently
>>>kill drug dealers to rescue your daughter bad? NO!
>>
>>Good and bad are judgments. They're just video games -- if you find
>>some offensive don't play them.
>

> ...and it seems that the OP would be happy to do just that, if someone
> would simply answer the question.
>
> Afraid I can't help, as I don't know the game.
>
> - Oswald.

Thanks for that.

--

Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:

> Sorry for the cross-post, I'm not sure what category this game fits
> into.

Probably more into the action category...

> I was just wondering, does the game Boiling Point Road to Hell have
> swearing, nudity (or scantily clad women) or sexual references in it?
> I need to know if it is free of these things before I can buy it.

I didn't see any nudity or anything that would fall into the category
of sexual offense.

But I still would buy it because it's a mediocre game with dull gfx and
dozens of bugs...

Benjamin, who made the mistake of buying BP

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Asfand Yar Qazi" <ay0305@qazi.f2s.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the cross-post, I'm not sure what category this game fits into.
>
> I was just wondering, does the game Boiling Point Road to Hell have
> swearing, nudity (or scantily clad women) or sexual references in it? I
> need to know if it is free of these things before I can buy it.
>
> Thanks

Its a very buggy game and I would hold off until the 1.2 patch is out
which is supposed to fix a lot of problems - the first 2 patches did very
little to help. To answer your questions - yes there is swearing in it
though
not much and there are 2 instances of bikini clad women -
- 1 was a dancer in a bar and the other was 3 women sunbathing round a pool.

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
> Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the cross-post, I'm not sure what category this game fits
>> into.
>

> Probably more into the action category...
>
>> I was just wondering, does the game Boiling Point Road to Hell have
>> swearing, nudity (or scantily clad women) or sexual references in it?
>> I need to know if it is free of these things before I can buy it.
>

> I didn't see any nudity or anything that would fall into the category of
> sexual offense.
>
> But I still would buy it because it's a mediocre game with dull gfx and
> dozens of bugs...
>
> Benjamin, who made the mistake of buying BP

Surely not another of Lewis' tips has turned into a tedious bugfest? I
think we should be told.

--
Walter Mitty
-

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

> Allow me to elaborate. Are the GTA games, where you go around killing
> innocent civilians, bad? YES. But is a game where you apparently kill
> drug dealers to rescue your daughter bad? NO!

But what's got nudity to do in all this ?

-Moa Dragon

--
Ma Boîte de Réception est protégée par SPAMfighter
925 e-mails spam ont été bloqués jusqu'à maintenant.

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, i own a yacht wrote:

> still waiting for all the positive reviews myself. apparently my opinion
> of bp wasn't at all unique.

You want a positive review? Here it comes: BP is great! You'll probably
played nothing like it, alone from the size of the game area! Dealing with
all those factions and keeping them in balance is quite a challenge and I
love the funny moments, like when you have to blow up some helicopters and
other people do this accidentely for you. Granted, the graphics are not of
D3 quality and the BP characters not life-like like in Bloodlines, but the
gameplay is refreshing after the dissappointing linearity of D3 and HL2.

My only gripes are all those little bugs, that while not breaking the
game, make one constantly think "Why didn't they fix those first before
publishing?". But then in the case of the wonderfull Bloodlines this was
similar and while I don't think I can or will do anything about BP ;), I
really hope that there will be several patches released, to fix it up.

Nostromo wrote:

> good & bad may be, but *Good* & *Evil* are absolutes for some of us. If you
> claim to be a relativist

No, I'm a homo sapien. :p

SG

"bioderm" <shavolsky@ladavisky.com> wrote in message

> hook
> line
> sinker
> what's your score so far?

Idiot, you do realise followers of faiths who are devout and who do indeed
try to follow its guidings as well as possible can still be an avid game
player right?

Not one myself, but respect(by ALL parties) is all thats required to make
the world a happier place.

Ceo-

Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the cross-post, I'm not sure what category this game fits into.
>
> I was just wondering, does the game Boiling Point Road to Hell have
> swearing, nudity (or scantily clad women) or sexual references in it? I
> need to know if it is free of these things before I can buy it.
>
> Thanks

Well I'm glad I got everybody talking - NOT. Anyway, I managed to dig
up some reviews, and apparently it involves killing innocent civilians
purposely as well as accidentally, and actually WORKING with gangsters
and drug dealers (apparently) doing their jobs, so therefore it is not
suitable for me.

A simple 'yes' or 'no' answer would have been fine.

mace

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2002

Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry for the cross-post, I'm not sure what category this game fits into.
> >
> > I was just wondering, does the game Boiling Point Road to Hell have
> > swearing, nudity (or scantily clad women) or sexual references in it? I
> > need to know if it is free of these things before I can buy it.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Well I'm glad I got everybody talking - NOT. Anyway, I managed to dig
> up some reviews, and apparently it involves killing innocent civilians
> purposely as well as accidentally, and actually WORKING with gangsters
> and drug dealers (apparently) doing their jobs, so therefore it is not
> suitable for me.

Only if you *choose* to do so. Bp is not a another shooter on rails
like HL2 or D3. You have a free will to do what you want in the
gameworld which makes it so rare gem among these piles of cookie-cutter
consolized pieces of junk.

> A simple 'yes' or 'no' answer would have been fine.

Not in this case.

> Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
>
> Well I'm glad I got everybody talking - NOT. Anyway, I managed to dig up
> some reviews, and apparently it involves killing innocent civilians
> purposely as well as accidentally, and actually WORKING with gangsters and
> drug dealers (apparently) doing their jobs, so therefore it is not
> suitable for me.

Phew, that was a close one; you almost made God angry.

nostromo

Thus spake "shegeek72" <taragem72@yahoo.com>, 3 Jul 2005 19:02:54 -0700,
Anno Domini:

>Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
>> Allow me to elaborate. Are the GTA games, where you go around killing
>> innocent civilians, bad? YES. But is a game where you apparently
>> kill drug dealers to rescue your daughter bad? NO!
>
>Good and bad are judgments. They're just video games -- if you find
>some offensive don't play them.
>
>SG

good & bad may be, but *Good* & *Evil* are absolutes for some of us. If you
claim to be a relativist then you have to accept the absolutist's view,
whereas the absolutist doesn't have to accept yours ;-p

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

schrodinger

"Nostromo" <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in message
> Thus spake "shegeek72" <taragem72@yahoo.com>, 3 Jul 2005 19:02:54 -0700,
> Anno Domini:
>
>>Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
>>> Allow me to elaborate. Are the GTA games, where you go around killing
>>> innocent civilians, bad? YES. But is a game where you apparently
>>> kill drug dealers to rescue your daughter bad? NO!
>>
>>Good and bad are judgments. They're just video games -- if you find
>>some offensive don't play them.
>>
>>SG
>
> good & bad may be, but *Good* & *Evil* are absolutes for some of us. If
> you
> claim to be a relativist then you have to accept the absolutist's view,
> whereas the absolutist doesn't have to accept yours ;-p
>
> --
> A killfile is a friend for life.

Great logic. I like it.

i own a yacht wrote:
> Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>

>>good & bad may be, but *Good* & *Evil* are absolutes for some of us.
>

> and fairies and dragons too, probably.

Homosexuals and ugly women would definitely not be a purchasing + for
our OP I think.

--
Walter Mitty
-

Sleepy wrote:
> "Asfand Yar Qazi" <ay0305@qazi.f2s.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Sorry for the cross-post, I'm not sure what category this game fits into.
>>
>>I was just wondering, does the game Boiling Point Road to Hell have
>>swearing, nudity (or scantily clad women) or sexual references in it? I
>>need to know if it is free of these things before I can buy it.
>>
>>Thanks
>

> Its a very buggy game and I would hold off until the 1.2 patch is out
> which is supposed to fix a lot of problems - the first 2 patches did very
> little to help. To answer your questions - yes there is swearing in it
> though
> not much and there are 2 instances of bikini clad women -
> - 1 was a dancer in a bar and the other was 3 women sunbathing round a pool.

A straight answer finally - I feel a special thanks is in order.

Oswald

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:33:50 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrote:

>Btw, I'm assuming the OP is a troll, in the guise of "I'm a devout
>something here's my extremist viewpoint"' I'm guessing we're meant to
>think Muslin, from the name.

(That's Muslim; muslin is a kind of cloth.)

Are you so daft or sheltered that you don't think Muslims exist? It's
the second most common religion in the world, last I checked.

The fact of the matter is, the guy asked a simple question: why not
just answer or ignore it? If he's a troll, that pretty much puts an
end to his game, and if not, hey -- you actually helped someone.

It's depressing that Usenet's become so damned inbred and insular.
Any outsider that dares express an unauthorised opinion or ask an
unusual question is instantly branded a troll. Nothing out there but
a bunch of dimwits exerting their authority over a tiny clubhouse that
very few people would care to visit in the best of circumstances. :|

- Oswald.

> A straight answer finally - I feel a special thanks is in order.

What do you do when a beer commercial comes on the TV?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 19:29:34 GMT, Oswald <oswald.octopus@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:33:50 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Btw, I'm assuming the OP is a troll, in the guise of "I'm a devout
>>something here's my extremist viewpoint"' I'm guessing we're meant to
>>think Muslin, from the name.
>
>(That's Muslim; muslin is a kind of cloth.)

I know, honest - I claim typo !

>Are you so daft or sheltered that you don't think Muslims exist? It's
>the second most common religion in the world, last I checked.

Of course they exist - was that ever in question ?

>The fact of the matter is, the guy asked a simple question: why not
>just answer or ignore it? If he's a troll, that pretty much puts an
>end to his game, and if not, hey -- you actually helped someone.
>
>It's depressing that Usenet's become so damned inbred and insular.
>Any outsider that dares express an unauthorised opinion or ask an
>unusual question is instantly branded a troll. Nothing out there but
>a bunch of dimwits exerting their authority over a tiny clubhouse that
>very few people would care to visit in the best of circumstances. :|

It's nothing to do with wither of those things - just about being here
long enough to spot a a troll and being annoyed when people miss it
and continue the thread - like this one.

And what's with all the carrots ?

nostromo

Thus spake "Schrodinger" <no@way.com>, Mon, 04 Jul 2005 09:36:31 GMT, Anno
Domini:

>> good & bad may be, but *Good* & *Evil* are absolutes for some of us. If
>> you
>> claim to be a relativist then you have to accept the absolutist's view,
>> whereas the absolutist doesn't have to accept yours ;-p
>>
>> --
>> A killfile is a friend for life.
>>

>Great logic. I like it.

You liked it? :) Actually, who said anything about logic? I was talking
about articles of Faith >8^D

--

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:21:15 -0400, "Grackle" <nobody@lalaland.ca>
wrote:

>"Asfand Yar Qazi" <ay0305@qazi.f2s.com> wrote in message
>> Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
>>
>> Well I'm glad I got everybody talking - NOT. Anyway, I managed to dig up
>> some reviews, and apparently it involves killing innocent civilians
>> purposely as well as accidentally, and actually WORKING with gangsters and
>> drug dealers (apparently) doing their jobs, so therefore it is not
>> suitable for me.
>>

>Phew, that was a close one; you almost made God angry.

God only loves the Mormons.

"Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:21:15 -0400, "Grackle" <nobody@lalaland.ca>
> wrote:
>

>>Phew, that was a close one; you almost made God angry.
>>
> God only loves the Mormons.

Yes, I've heard that the correct choice is Mormons. Everyone else goes to
hell.