Internet keeps dropping out after one or two hours. Netgear Moderm/Router DGNG3

bombers234

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Hello, I am having problems with my Netgear wireless moderm/router DGNG3700. since getting home tonight my internet connection has dropped out 3 times. The moderm /router is only 2weeks old and I have rang the Netgear technical support 4 times. The man I spoke to tonight said they are having trouble with this model and he told me to get the DGNG3700 version 2. Can someone give me advice please? I have changed the configerations and am very frustrated with the whole thing. Should I get a different Model altogether.

Well let's put it this way. When the *manufacturer* tells you to get another model, that's not a good sign! :)

Now whether I would go w/ the same manufacturer under the current circumstances, esp. for a device that retails for $150!! (I’ve never spent more than $40 for any modem/router, and usually far less, more like $20), that's another story. In my experience, the DGNxxxx devices have never been all that impressive. If it was me, I'd probably be looking elsewhere (or perhaps demanding a refund/replacement by Netgear).