So if Battlefield 2 is coming to Xbox and PS2 why are the ..

Hell, if an Xbox or PS2 can play Battlefield 2 any PC with a >1 Ghz CPU and
a GeForce 4 or better vid-card should be able to play it. The BF2 specs on
the box say Radeon 8500 or greater w/128MB or more.

--
there is no .sig

Andrew

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:44:18 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:

>Hell, if an Xbox or PS2 can play Battlefield 2 any PC with a >1 Ghz CPU and
>a GeForce 4 or better vid-card should be able to play it. The BF2 specs on
>the box say Radeon 8500 or greater w/128MB or more.

Because it will be a dumbed down POS on the consoles.

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 23:37:55 +0100, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.>
wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:44:18 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>Hell, if an Xbox or PS2 can play Battlefield 2 any PC with a >1 Ghz CPU and
>>a GeForce 4 or better vid-card should be able to play it. The BF2 specs on
>>the box say Radeon 8500 or greater w/128MB or more.
>
>Because it will be a dumbed down POS on the consoles.

Even worse than the Counterstrike port. Menus with BIG
LETTERING for the unwahed masses :) :).

However, the ports to XBox360 and PS3 might be quite sweet.

OP: where did you hear that BF2 was coming to the old-generation
consoles, Xbox and PS2 ? I doubt that it will ever happen, with
the imminent arrival this year and early next year of the new
consoles.

John Lewis

- Technology early-birds are flying guinea-pigs.

John, the movie that comes on my BF2 DVD ends up with the words Coming for
Xbox and PS2 in fall 2005!

--
there is no .sig

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 01:36:15 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:

>John, the movie that comes on my BF2 DVD ends up with the words Coming for
>Xbox and PS2 in fall 2005!

i think the PS2 version isn't exactly 'Battlefield 2' but
'Battlefield: Modern Combat' - whatever that might be..

toadie

Thusly toadie05@sbcglobal.net Spake Unto All:

>On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 01:36:15 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>John, the movie that comes on my BF2 DVD ends up with the words Coming for
>>Xbox and PS2 in fall 2005!
>
> i think the PS2 version isn't exactly 'Battlefield 2' but
>'Battlefield: Modern Combat' - whatever that might be..

Battlefield 1942 wasn't ported, so in keeping with tradition when
sequels but not the original installment are ported to console, the
sequel is renamed in order to not confuse the apparently unusually
weak-minded console users.