/ Sign-up
Your question

Wireless to ethernet.

  • Routers
  • Wireless
  • Computers
  • Ethernet Card
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
September 26, 2012 5:59:29 AM

Sorry if this is a noob question. I'm trying to get internet on my desktop computer in a house with a wireless network.
My computer does not have a wireless card, but I have found a Belkin Wireless G Router that I was hoping I could connect my computer to via ethernet, and then use the Belkin Router to pick up the wireless signal. Is this possible, and what is it called (e.g. access point, gateway, bridge, repeater)?

More about : wireless ethernet

a b F Wireless
September 26, 2012 8:23:46 AM

You need a wireless bridge to do that. A wireless router probably wont be able to that for you. At any rate, you will probably do the job best by springing for a low cost wireless adapter. A wireless adapter costs as low as 10$ and will give you internet access easier than any other option.