How to make same volume for different volume of MP3 files

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
September 11, 2004 7:21:08 PM

I have very different levels of volume for files in MP3 fotmat (low, high,
some normal).
How correct this that, because I like to burn them to CD.
advo@siol.net
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 7:21:09 PM

Use a sound editor program like Sound Forge or Cool Edit and select the
whole file....then run "Normalize" Do that for each file and they should
all be the same level...
Len

--
Order the new "Accordion Evolution" video or DVD
http://users.accesscomm.ca/limbery/
"Adi" <advo@siol.net> wrote in message
> I have very different levels of volume for files in MP3 fotmat (low, high,
> some normal).
> How correct this that, because I like to burn them to CD.
> advo@siol.net

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 7:21:10 PM

Krazy Kanuck wrote:

>Use a sound editor program like Sound Forge or Cool Edit and select the
>whole file....then run "Normalize" Do that for each file and they should
>all be the same level...

Normalization will set each of the files' maximum peak levels to the same
amplitude but, unless each file has the same ratio of peak level to average
level (which is very unlikely), not to the same volume.

mkesti@gv.net | - The Who, Bargain
!