About window 7

Tags:
  • Download
  • Computers
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
February 11, 2010 8:34:46 AM

i had in my computer was window vista but last year i had download window 7 rc that is evolution copy which is finished in march now what should i have to buy window 7 full version or upgrade version?

More about : window

a b $ Windows 7
February 11, 2010 8:43:18 AM

As long as you have a legal Vista license, you can buy the upgrade version and do a clean install. (Note: by upgrade I do NOT mean the one that lets you upgrade from one version of Windows 7 to another version of Windows 7).
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
February 11, 2010 8:50:35 AM

If you owned a valid Vista license that you're no longer using, then you're OK to buy the the upgrade version. As I understand it the upgrade version will install if it detects any previous OS on the system, including a version of Windows 7.

And there's a way to use it to do an install on a completely clean system if you want to start on a fresh disk, see: http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/clean_install_upgrade_...
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 11, 2010 10:07:41 AM

Love that site.. Paul Thurrott FTW!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 11, 2010 10:12:18 AM

I just followed the same instruction mentioned by sminlal from that Paul Thurrott's Winsupersite, back in december while installing Windows 7 in my dell studio 1450 using upgrade disc.
Worked like a charm! Activated without any problem in the first time itself!
Paul Rocks!
m
l
!