Motorola V810 - Can't upload ringtones/images via USB

Last response: in Brands
July 18, 2004 10:34:05 PM

Greetings, I've recently purchased a CDMA V810 and tried to use my
T732's USB cable with Motorola MediaManager to upload/download files
into it, and it gave me a compatibility error. I've been able to
download and sync the address book but that's it. I'm sure the problem
has to be the difference in operating systems in both phones.

I tried contacting motorola to no avail, since they only replied that
the v800 could only be synchronized with the PC for address book/modem
purposes, everything else would have to be downloaded via BREW. I find
this laughable since that means I have to spend extra cash in
downloading freaking GIF, midi and MMF files for my wallpaper/ringtone
purposes.

The phone's S/W Version is 23.40.30, just in case anyone knows of a
good program(s) to access the phone's media files, or if it can be
worked on the same way a V600 or V525 is.

Let me know if you can help. Thanks in Advance.

Manuel.
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 8:47:45 AM

Hi, and welcome to the unhappy club!!!
As I can see, you spent a lot of money on a stupid expensive usb
cable, as I almost did, but I built my own. (sorry about the stupid
part, it's the cable)
The v810 phone will never upload/download pictures/ring's/games
because motorola don't want to. They have an more up-to-date version
of the phone which is v878 that do all that I expected from my phone
on the day I bought it:
- a decent wake-up (alarm) function.
- upload/download pictures (photos I take), ringtones, games
- It cames with the usb cable and CD. (the mobile Phone Tools do all
of that for the v878 version)
see: (from motorola home-page)
Mobile Phone Tools
Communicate (SMS, MMS, Web), sync (Phonebook), multimedia (create,
download and manage ringtones, screensavers, images, audio and video
clips) and keep yourself organized
http://sg.motorola.com/pcs/v878/sg/motogear.ASP
Part No:- 77648

sorry about my english, see that page:
http://sg.motorola.com/pcs/v878/sg/

I'm also an unhappy v810 user, bought it 6 months ago,
my email is Renato@Automa.com.br
ask-me any questions.
Kind Regards
Renato

chosen@gmail.com (bored) wrote in message news:<8d240ae3.0407181734.3febc0fc@posting.google.com>...

> Greetings, I've recently purchased a CDMA V810 and tried to use my
> T732's USB cable with Motorola MediaManager to upload/download files
> into it, and it gave me a compatibility error. I've been able to
> download and sync the address book but that's it. I'm sure the problem
> has to be the difference in operating systems in both phones.
>
> I tried contacting motorola to no avail, since they only replied that
> the v800 could only be synchronized with the PC for address book/modem
> purposes, everything else would have to be downloaded via BREW. I find
> this laughable since that means I have to spend extra cash in
> downloading freaking GIF, midi and MMF files for my wallpaper/ringtone
> purposes.
>
> The phone's S/W Version is 23.40.30, just in case anyone knows of a
> good program(s) to access the phone's media files, or if it can be
> worked on the same way a V600 or V525 is.
>
> Let me know if you can help. Thanks in Advance.
>
> Manuel.
July 19, 2004 11:55:26 PM

Hmm, this site may help you with Brew, but I was unable to get on it just
now
http://www.beavermjr.com/t720/faq.htm
For more info, you can try www.howardforums.com and use the search.
Btw, USB cables go for about 1cent on ebay, shipping brings it up a bit, but
still under $10!

!