Motorola V810 - Can't upload ringtones/images via USB

Greetings, I've recently purchased a CDMA V810 and tried to use my
T732's USB cable with Motorola MediaManager to upload/download files
into it, and it gave me a compatibility error. I've been able to
download and sync the address book but that's it. I'm sure the problem
has to be the difference in operating systems in both phones.

I tried contacting motorola to no avail, since they only replied that
the v800 could only be synchronized with the PC for address book/modem
purposes, everything else would have to be downloaded via BREW. I find
this laughable since that means I have to spend extra cash in
downloading freaking GIF, midi and MMF files for my wallpaper/ringtone
purposes.

The phone's S/W Version is 23.40.30, just in case anyone knows of a
good program(s) to access the phone's media files, or if it can be
worked on the same way a V600 or V525 is.

Let me know if you can help. Thanks in Advance.

Manuel.
2 answers Last reply
More about motorola v810 upload ringtones images

    Hi, and welcome to the unhappy club!!!
    As I can see, you spent a lot of money on a stupid expensive usb
    cable, as I almost did, but I built my own. (sorry about the stupid
    part, it's the cable)
    The v810 phone will never upload/download pictures/ring's/games
    because motorola don't want to. They have an more up-to-date version
    of the phone which is v878 that do all that I expected from my phone
    on the day I bought it:
    - a decent wake-up (alarm) function.
    - upload/download pictures (photos I take), ringtones, games
    - It cames with the usb cable and CD. (the mobile Phone Tools do all
    of that for the v878 version)
    see: (from motorola home-page)
    Mobile Phone Tools
    Communicate (SMS, MMS, Web), sync (Phonebook), multimedia (create,
    download and manage ringtones, screensavers, images, audio and video
    clips) and keep yourself organized
    http://sg.motorola.com/pcs/v878/sg/motogear.ASP
    Part No:- 77648

    sorry about my english, see that page:
    http://sg.motorola.com/pcs/v878/sg/

    I'm also an unhappy v810 user, bought it 6 months ago,
    my email is Renato@Automa.com.br
    ask-me any questions.
    Kind Regards
    Renato

    chosen@gmail.com (bored) wrote in message news:<8d240ae3.0407181734.3febc0fc@posting.google.com>...

    > Greetings, I've recently purchased a CDMA V810 and tried to use my
    > T732's USB cable with Motorola MediaManager to upload/download files
    > into it, and it gave me a compatibility error. I've been able to
    > download and sync the address book but that's it. I'm sure the problem
    > has to be the difference in operating systems in both phones.
    >
    > I tried contacting motorola to no avail, since they only replied that
    > the v800 could only be synchronized with the PC for address book/modem
    > purposes, everything else would have to be downloaded via BREW. I find
    > this laughable since that means I have to spend extra cash in
    > downloading freaking GIF, midi and MMF files for my wallpaper/ringtone
    > purposes.
    >
    > The phone's S/W Version is 23.40.30, just in case anyone knows of a
    > good program(s) to access the phone's media files, or if it can be
    > worked on the same way a V600 or V525 is.
    >
    > Let me know if you can help. Thanks in Advance.
    >
    > Manuel.

    Hmm, this site may help you with Brew, but I was unable to get on it just
    now
    http://www.beavermjr.com/t720/faq.htm
    For more info, you can try www.howardforums.com and use the search.
    Btw, USB cables go for about 1cent on ebay, shipping brings it up a bit, but
    still under $10!

Motorola USB