logitech mx510 mouse left mouse button broken

Last response: in Video Games
July 12, 2005 7:37:33 PM

I have this mouse less than 2 weeks, and the left mouse button feels
like it has been pressed a billion times. One in 10 clicks makes a kind
of subtle grinding noise and it just doesn't feel like a good click, its
hard to explain but its so annoying (at least to me). How can I take
this mouse apart, or should I go back to the store? I am afraid they
will think I'm crazy and won't want to exchange it.
July 12, 2005 7:37:34 PM

You'd be crazy not to send it back to the supplier and get another. If
its that bad now, what will it be like after a few months gaming? It'll
be stuffed. Replace it now.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 8:08:27 PM

You cannot fix it. Return it to the store for an exchange.

--
DaveW

"C.J." <c.j.@thehood.com> wrote in message
>I have this mouse less than 2 weeks, and the left mouse button feels like
>it has been pressed a billion times. One in 10 clicks makes a kind of
>subtle grinding noise and it just doesn't feel like a good click, its hard
>to explain but its so annoying (at least to me). How can I take this mouse
>apart, or should I go back to the store? I am afraid they will think I'm
>crazy and won't want to exchange it.
July 13, 2005 2:04:34 AM

"C.J." <c.j.@thehood.com> wrote:

> I have this mouse less than 2 weeks, and the left mouse button
> feels like it has been pressed a billion times. One in 10
> clicks makes a kind of subtle grinding noise and it just doesn't
> feel like a good click, its hard to explain but its so annoying
> (at least to me). How can I take this mouse apart, or should I
> won't want to exchange it.

I agree with the other reply. If you have had it for only two
weeks, take it back at least for an exchange. If you have the same
problem with the second issue, might be useful to post about it,
including the store name and maybe your general location. Good luck.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 6:57:48 PM

I fixed it, the screw that was holding the circuit board to the base was
lose and so when I pressed the button the board would also move. The
board only has one screw on the right side of the mouse which is stupid
so I think I'll crazy glue the left side of the board to the base so it
is firmly in place.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 10:52:02 PM

Bring it back for an exchange. I have the 510 and it's the best mouse I've
ever owned.

!