Stolen

I haven't been on the web for a long time so forgive me if I'm opening up
something you've already discussed. I've just purchased the game Stolen:
is it as bad as its control system and its web page? Is there a patch
somewhere that fixes the mouse control? I really hate the default view.

Are there any other FPSs that are like Half Life or Tomraider around?

Norma

> Are there any other FPSs that are like Half Life or Tomraider around?

Since you have already bought Stolen, consider Thief: Deadly Shadows. It can
be found for under $20 these days. Also available for Xbox.

If you're referring to the first Half-Life series, Half-Life 2 has been out
since last September. Many consider it to be the Game of the Year for 2004.

As for platformers like Tomb Raider, Psychonauts is turning out to be quite
fun for me.

HTH,

f_f

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:25:08 -0400, "Charles Clark/Norma Secord"
<ctclark@bmts.com> wrote:

>I haven't been on the web for a long time so forgive me if I'm opening up
>something you've already discussed. I've just purchased the game Stolen:
>is it as bad as its control system and its web page? Is there a patch
>somewhere that fixes the mouse control? I really hate the default view.
>
>Are there any other FPSs that are like Half Life or Tomraider around?

The control system was okay. The lock picking was interesting and fun but what
I didn't like was the save game system, betraying its console roots. A great
game otherwise.

x-no-archive: yes

Charles Clark/Norma Secord wrote:

> Are there any other FPSs

please buy and support pc games
this is a partial list of FPS pc games released since the
start of the year... i divided into themes and i suggest
you individually google each one for reviews so you can
scan for the type most suited
the ones with a "*" at the end are the most popular

Horror:
.. Painkiller Black Edition *
.. The House of the Dead III

Sci-Fi:
.. Area 51 *
.. Pariah *
.. Star Wars Republic Commando *
.. Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil *
.. Project: Snowblind
.. Psychotoxic

Military:
.. Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 *
.. SWAT 4 *
.. Close Combat: First to Fight
.. Delta Force Xtreme
.. Boiling Point Road to Hell *
.. Battlefield 2 *

Urban:
.. Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas *
.. Gotcha

as you see many high quality pc game titles have been
released so now you only have to choose
all of them are PROPER retail packaged box pc games so
rest assured we will never recommend any abusive against
consumer rights products to you like steam based ones
and the more titles you buy the better
a true pc gamer would buy them all (if he can afford it)
also don't forget to not lend or give away or make copies
of any of the titles you buy and instead keep them use it
exclusively for yourself, yes in pc games it's good being
selfish and the only thing you can give to friends is your
personal recommendation of what pc games they should buy
preferably all

good buying and good pc gaming!

ps: the sequel to the half-life classic is one of the titles
you should boycott and never buy cause it features a new
abusive and against consumer rights technology called steam

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Charles Clark/Norma Secord wrote:

> Are there any other FPSs that are like Half Life or Tomraider around?

Tomb Raider games aren't FPS

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> ps: the sequel to the half-life classic is one of the titles
> you should boycott and never buy cause it features a new
> abusive and against consumer rights technology called steam

You're talking of the best-selling, and extremely well received HALF-LIFE 2,
yes?

Here's a conundrum for your poor, twisted logic:

Is it better to buy Half-Life (1) for a budget price and not use Steam, or
play Half-Life for free over Steam, simultaneously denying the EVIL
MONOPOLIST VALVE both the purchase price, *and* force them to pay for the
bandwidth consumed in streaming the game to you?

Andrew

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:21:01 +0100, "Sam Jones"
<sam.j.jones@spamnull.logicacmg.com> wrote:

>Is it better to buy Half-Life (1) for a budget price and not use Steam, or
>play Half-Life for free over Steam, simultaneously denying the EVIL
>MONOPOLIST VALVE both the purchase price, *and* force them to pay for the
>bandwidth consumed in streaming the game to you?

How do you play HL for free over Steam?

"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message >

> How do you play HL for free over Steam?

It's free to play HL1 on Steam - it's streamed to you.

Andrew

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:57:22 +0100, "Sam Jones"
<sam.j.jones@spamnull.logicacmg.com> wrote:

>> How do you play HL for free over Steam?
>
>It's free to play HL1 on Steam - it's streamed to you.

I will have to take you word for that as I have all the Valve games
paid for on Steam. Before that, the only freebie was Codename Gordon.

> I will have to take you word for that as I have all the Valve games
> paid for on Steam. Before that, the only freebie was Codename Gordon.

I've definitely played it streamed, without having bought anything and
without entering any cd-keys. I think they released it as a
bonus/treat/test of the streaming.

Thusly "Sam Jones" <sam.j.jones@spamnull.logicacmg.com> Spake Unto
All:

>Is it better to buy Half-Life (1) for a budget price and not use Steam, or
>play Half-Life for free over Steam, simultaneously denying the EVIL
>MONOPOLIST VALVE both the purchase price, *and* force them to pay for the
>bandwidth consumed in streaming the game to you?

Oh my god. You've done it now.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:04:44 -0400, don <don@no.spam> wrote:

>Charles Clark/Norma Secord wrote:
>
>> Are there any other FPSs that are like Half Life or Tomraider around?
>
>Tomb Raider games aren't FPS

Yeah, they are TPS.

x-no-archive: yes

Sam Jones wrote:

<snip>

i've said this before over and over but i don't mind saying it
again...
i will never accept steam! NEVER!
not even FREE! yes not even if steam infected pc games are free
i will let them install it into my computer
don't forget i even REJECTED playing hl2 demo! its free! and why?
cause it's infected with steam!
if it has steam i will always say NO! NO! NO!
my own freedom, dignity and consumer rights are ABOVE everything
else so no matter what i will always FIGHT against steam

like a true pc gamer i like "PAYING" and "BUYING" pc games
it gives me pleasure expending money on my favorite hobby
it gives me pleasure rewarding developers and publishers
so the cost is not the issue but rather my freedom and dignity
STEAM NEVER! EVER!

--

> STEAM NEVER! EVER!

LOL!