grandprix game problem

good day!!
i have installed grand prix 4 in my computer. I tried to play it. the
starting screens are ok. when i click quick race,or any option
regarding the main event of the game, a loading status bar displayed
and it went blank for a few seconds then went back to the windows
desktop.instead of continuing, it closes and goes back to windows. it
always happens that way. installing directx 9.0 did't help. i am
running windows xp os. i am using S3 Pro savage DDR video. can any
tweaks be made or my video doesnt support this game?
any help would be gladly apprciated.
thank you.

ian

> i have installed grand prix 4 in my computer. I tried to play it. the
> starting screens are ok. when i click quick race,or any option
> regarding the main event of the game, a loading status bar displayed
> and it went blank for a few seconds then went back to the windows
> desktop.instead of continuing, it closes and goes back to windows. it
> always happens that way. installing directx 9.0 did't help. i am
> running windows xp os. i am using S3 Pro savage DDR video. can any
> tweaks be made or my video doesnt support this game?
> any help would be gladly apprciated.
> thank you.

If you post this in rec.autos.simulators , you will get a much better
response.

> Assuming GP4 is a simulator ;)!
>
> Kendt

Exactly.