Sign in with
Your question

I need to choose!

Last response: in Storage
September 3, 2002 11:58:45 PM

Which HD 40GB (or more), ATA100 or 133, 7200rpm, 2MB cache is the best: Samsung, Seagate, Maxtor, Quantum, IBM, Fujitsu...
I heard that Quantum and Samsung are the worst and IBM, Fujitsu, Seagate are the best. Is this true?

???And also: Do I need a HD cooler (my max case temp is 45C)???

my new system:
A XP 1600+
Asus A7v266-C
256MB PC2100 CL2 Samsung
Tt Volcano 6
Asus GF2 GTS 32MB 5ns
CDRW 32x10x40 LG
NEC floppy drive
Mid tower case w/ 3 8x8cm fan (air out) and 300w PSU
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by andlcs on 09/05/02 12:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : choose

September 5, 2002 3:53:02 AM

System Specs that the new Hardrive will go in please?

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.
September 5, 2002 6:12:21 PM

Avoid IBM.
Seagate, Maxtor and WD are great.
Toss a coin...

<font color=red>Do ya feel lucky, Punk? Well...? Do ya?
Then go ahead and buy that C3 CPU!</font color=red>
Related resources
September 6, 2002 2:53:55 AM

if you have a standard case with casefans then normal airflow will be sufficient.

given that your casetemp is 45C i would have to say one of the following things.

A. you live in a very hot climate, and thus it might be a good idea getting a HDD cooler or put the HDD behind the front casefan (assuming there is one)

B. if the room temp is cool, yet your casetemp 45C, i would seriously reccomend better case cooling.

C. if the case feels cool, then the temp is being missreported.

<b>Trust Me, Trust Yourself, Trust the Hamster. Anyone else - Shoot Them. :eek:  </b> This sig was proudly brought to you by <i>Hammie</i> :smile:
September 6, 2002 11:01:24 AM

Don't buy a IBM drive. They are the worst.

<font color=red>I'd like to dedicate this post to all my friends, family, and fans. Without them this post would never have been possible. Thank you!</font color=red>
!