I need to choose!

Which HD 40GB (or more), ATA100 or 133, 7200rpm, 2MB cache is the best: Samsung, Seagate, Maxtor, Quantum, IBM, Fujitsu...
I heard that Quantum and Samsung are the worst and IBM, Fujitsu, Seagate are the best. Is this true?

???And also: Do I need a HD cooler (my max case temp is 45C)???

my new system:
A XP 1600+
Asus A7v266-C
256MB PC2100 CL2 Samsung
Tt Volcano 6
Asus GF2 GTS 32MB 5ns
CDRW 32x10x40 LG
NEC floppy drive
Mid tower case w/ 3 8x8cm fan (air out) and 300w PSU
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by andlcs on 09/05/02 12:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
4 answers Last reply
More about choose
  1. System Specs that the new Hardrive will go in please?

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.
  2. Avoid IBM.
    Seagate, Maxtor and WD are great.
    Toss a coin...

<font color=red>Do ya feel lucky, Punk? Well...? Do ya?
    Then go ahead and buy that C3 CPU!</font color=red>
  3. if you have a standard case with casefans then normal airflow will be sufficient.

given that your casetemp is 45C i would have to say one of the following things.

A. you live in a very hot climate, and thus it might be a good idea getting a HDD cooler or put the HDD behind the front casefan (assuming there is one)

B. if the room temp is cool, yet your casetemp 45C, i would seriously reccomend better case cooling.

C. if the case feels cool, then the temp is being missreported.

<b>Trust Me, Trust Yourself, Trust the Hamster. Anyone else - Shoot Them. :eek: </b> This sig was proudly brought to you by <i>Hammie</i> :smile:
  4. Don't buy a IBM drive. They are the worst.

<font color=red>I'd like to dedicate this post to all my friends, family, and fans. Without them this post would never have been possible. Thank you!</font color=red>
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Storage