Voice track on sm 57 (maybe with vx2000 pre-amp)

Last response: in Home Audio
September 12, 2004 10:48:16 PM

Hya There,

I am thinking of buying the Shure sm57 for making voice tracks
(speech only)

Does anybody has an mp3 file with some speech only on it ?
I am also for other peoples experiences with plugging
in this mic into the Behringer vx2000 (or vx2496)
pre amp.

Please let me know,

Greetz

Stanley
Form Amsterdam.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 11:08:43 PM

A 58 would be better...

--
Steven Sena
XS Sound Recording

"Stanley Sussenbach" <w.sussenbach@quicknet.nl> wrote in message
> Hya There,
>
> I am thinking of buying the Shure sm57 for making voice tracks
> (speech only)
>
> Does anybody has an mp3 file with some speech only on it ?
> I am also for other peoples experiences with plugging
> in this mic into the Behringer vx2000 (or vx2496)
> pre amp.
>
> Please let me know,
>
> Greetz
>
> Stanley
> Form Amsterdam.

Anonymous
September 13, 2004 2:46:58 AM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:48:16 +0200, "Stanley Sussenbach"
<w.sussenbach@quicknet.nl> wrote:

>Hya There,
>
>I am thinking of buying the Shure sm57 for making voice tracks
>(speech only)
>
>Does anybody has an mp3 file with some speech only on it ?
>I am also for other peoples experiences with plugging
>in this mic into the Behringer vx2000 (or vx2496)
>pre amp.
>
>Please let me know,
>
>Greetz
>
>Stanley
>Form Amsterdam.

If you want to hear the SM57 on voice, listen to any official press
conference of the President of the United States.

Some singers prefer it over the SM58 because it has slightly better HF
response - because it lacks the grill/windscreen. For the same reason,
it is more sensitive to pops. They both have the same capsule inside.

I haven't used it with a Behringer preamp.

Mike T.
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 3:17:01 AM

In article <%811d.422403$%_6.361597@attbi_s01>,
xssound@comcast.net says...
> A 58 would be better...

A 57 with a pop-screen would be better.
A RE-20 would be much better.
A M-99 would also be much better.
To try a handfull and decide on what fits Your voice, would be
best.

--
/ Peter Kaersaa
!