Flashing a v525 to v600

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
July 22, 2004 1:08:04 PM

I've seen mentions of this on the NG, but as a bit of a novice I don't
really understand it.

Can someone tell me what benefits I'd get from doing it? Is it risky (for
people who've never done it before? Where can I read up on it?

TIA

--
Slartibartfast
To reply by email, remove the FJORDS from my address

More about : flashing v525 v600

Anonymous
July 22, 2004 4:14:34 PM

"Slartibartfast" <slarti@celynnen.FJORDSdemon.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've seen mentions of this on the NG, but as a bit of a novice I don't
> really understand it.
>
> Can someone tell me what benefits I'd get from doing it? Is it risky (for
> people who've never done it before? Where can I read up on it?
>
> TIA

I bought a V525 which was already seem-editted to V600-software. The
benefits so far :

- better&faster menu with moving icons, very nice
- more memory available
- video player (who cares, I don't really)
- better standby-time (this will always be subject to discussion so take it
with a grain of salt)

You can do the modification yourself, with data-cable and specific software
(to be found for free on the internet). I haven't seen any negative posts
about wrecking the phone or anything else. For more info take a look on
www.howardforums.com . Good luck.

Cheers,

--
"and hey...let's be careful out there"