fats-prod

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Hello,
At&t wireless connect shows connected to AT&T but no data packets are transferred from my laptop to the tower/server. Never get legitimate AT&T IP address and of course cannot get to any web site using browsers.

fats-prod

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012

*************************************************************************************

WiFi will not connect either at any location.

fats-prod

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Sorry for not providing enough information on this post. I blame it on old age.

I am running XP-PRO SP-3. If you need more info on this to draw a conclusion let me know okay? I suspect that there is a problem in the registry but I don't know enough about that to fix it. I purchased McAfee 2012 and ran it on the system NO PROBLEMS found. Of course I could not update it because I could not attach to the internet.

Thanks

I will make a guess here you are talking about a connection that uses the cellphone network rather than a some form of physical cable into your house with a ATT "WiFi" router on it.

If you are using a USB based solution or other device that plugs directly into your PC you more than likely have a driver setting problem. You must install the software they provided since the drivers are not built in for win xp. Be careful to follow their instruction exactly, these tend to be fussy devices that are not real obvious how to configure sometimes.

If you are using one of their wireless hotspot things you will need to read their instructions how to configure these. They have a couple models and I forget exactly how you get into them.

fats-prod

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012

Bill001g

you guessed correctly as to the equipment used. I have been working with the techs at AT&T. Replaced the "shockwave" device and sim card and reinstalled the software. WIFI will not work either and it uses different hardware. I have attempted to connect using different locations (towers) and none of them work. I have not attempted to use DSL cabled system.

I am currently in the process of erasing my hard drive an reinstalling the original software in the hopes that it will fix what ever is causing this. I will post the results.