Connecting Tp link powerline adapter to power strip?

I will be purchasing the AV200 powerline kit from Tp-link and want to know whether there will be any issues in connected them through either a power strip or double adapter?
8 answers Last reply
More about connecting link powerline adapter power strip
  1. It isn't recommended but try it out and see if it works. Also, some power strips may work better then others so you will have to experiment a bit.
  2. thanks for the reply. Ill see what happens and post something up.
  3. I've done this and it did work, I found the speeds weren't great though, but I would certainly give it a go, as it will differ so much depending on the quality of wiring in your house. Essentially, you will get interference if you are plugging into a maxed out Power strip, which in turn will be slower connection speeds.
  4. This will be an upgrade from a netgear wireless usb that has a top capacity of 54mbps, The router is in the next room on the same lever and the house is like 4 years old.
  5. I would get the drill out! :)
    Failing that, maybe look into 5Ghz network adapter and router. That wireless band is significantly less congested and can offer excellent speed and consistency, that's what I switched to after the Powerlines, before finally getting that drill out!
  6. lukeconft said:
    I would get the drill out! :)
    Failing that, maybe look into 5Ghz network adapter and router. That wireless band is significantly less congested and can offer excellent speed and consistency, that's what I switched to after the Powerlines, before finally getting that drill out!

Did you have any issues with the network card? Drilling isnt an option in a house with Europeans :non: I did have a dlink adapter although it was a standard one not 5G and it was causing my system to freeze with 64bit but i think that was due to the fact it didnt have 64bit drivers. I do have a netgear dgnd3700 so this 5G option looks ok, i might go with that and see how it goes.
  7. I found it was much better than the powerline, but I had always planned to put cabling in when I could be bothered... too much procrastination! I found lot's of WNDA3200 with virgin media branding on ebay. Are you in the UK? If so, that is certainly your best option as they are around £5-10. Certainly worth giving it a go before forking out £50+ for the powerline since you already have the router, which is easily the most expensive part of moving to 5Ghz!
  8. It kinda depends. If you live in an apartment and /or congested area wireless can be really bad, even 5Ghz, it will get worse soon with many people moving to 5Ghz. Wireless will almost always have conflicts.

I think the power line is the way to go. Direct cabling is best of course but your house is only 4 years old so wiring should not be a problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Powerline TP-Link Power Networking