EA isnt supporting the original version on its servers any..

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
official version!
Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
7 answers Last reply
More about isnt supporting original version servers
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:45:43 GMT, mike allegretto
    <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote:

    >
    >Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
    >servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
    >booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
    >official version!
    >Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
    >

    You might be having trouble with Punkbuster updates. Check with
    the punkbuster website.

    John Lewis
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:08:07 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:45:43 GMT, mike allegretto
    ><rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
    >>servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
    >>booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
    >>official version!
    >>Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
    >>
    >
    >You might be having trouble with Punkbuster updates. Check with
    >the punkbuster website.
    >
    >John Lewis


    Apparently this is a punkbuster-related issue. i ran a file i found
    called PB-Setup that auto-updates PB for games. After i ran it i was
    able to get into a game about 3 out of 10 tries. How do i make it 10
    out of 10?
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in
    news:ijerd19ss4lp707g6iptsl38ng1qfah547@4ax.com:

    >
    > Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
    > servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
    > booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
    > official version!
    > Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!

    Um ... what game are you talking about?


    stePH
    --
    "Let me guess -- my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you,
    I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
    -- The Doctor
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "stePH" <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    news:42de603a_3@x-privat.org...
    > mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in
    > news:ijerd19ss4lp707g6iptsl38ng1qfah547@4ax.com:
    >
    > >
    > > Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
    > > servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
    > > booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
    > > official version!
    > > Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
    >
    > Um ... what game are you talking about?
    >
    >
    > stePH
    > --
    > "Let me guess -- my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you,
    > I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
    > -- The Doctor

    Battlefield 2. Is there any other right now? 8-)
    I suspect that the server he is trying to get on has not yet made the jump
    to the latest patch.


    --

    Dr. Dickie
    "Let be be finale of seem.
    The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream."
    -- Wallace Stevens
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:56:11 -0400, "Dr. Dickie"
    <Dr_Dickie@chembench.com> wrote:

    >
    >"stePH" <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >news:42de603a_3@x-privat.org...
    >> mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in
    >> news:ijerd19ss4lp707g6iptsl38ng1qfah547@4ax.com:
    >>
    >> >
    >> > Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
    >> > servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
    >> > booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
    >> > official version!
    >> > Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
    >>
    >> Um ... what game are you talking about?
    >>
    >>
    >> stePH
    >> --
    >> "Let me guess -- my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you,
    >> I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
    >> -- The Doctor
    >
    >Battlefield 2. Is there any other right now? 8-)
    >I suspect that the server he is trying to get on has not yet made the jump
    >to the latest patch.


    plus punkbuster wasn't updating properly.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Dr. Dickie" <Dr_Dickie@chembench.com> wrote in
    news:1121871372.d81a876f6837445dee251dc9c3bf700f@teranews:

    >
    > "stePH" <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > news:42de603a_3@x-privat.org...
    >> mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in
    >> news:ijerd19ss4lp707g6iptsl38ng1qfah547@4ax.com:
    >>
    >> >
    >> > Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
    >> > servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it
    >> > keeps booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to
    >> > an official version!
    >> > Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
    >>
    >> Um ... what game are you talking about?
    >
    > Battlefield 2. Is there any other right now? 8-)

    I wouldn't know; I've never played it nor its predecessor.


    stePH
    --
    "Let me guess -- my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you,
    I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
    -- The Doctor
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On 20 Jul 2005 20:37:23 +0200, stePH <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >"Dr. Dickie" <Dr_Dickie@chembench.com> wrote in
    >news:1121871372.d81a876f6837445dee251dc9c3bf700f@teranews:
    >
    >>
    >> "stePH" <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> news:42de603a_3@x-privat.org...
    >>> mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in
    >>> news:ijerd19ss4lp707g6iptsl38ng1qfah547@4ax.com:
    >>>
    >>> >
    >>> > Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
    >>> > servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it
    >>> > keeps booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to
    >>> > an official version!
    >>> > Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
    >>>
    >>> Um ... what game are you talking about?
    >>
    >> Battlefield 2. Is there any other right now? 8-)
    >
    >I wouldn't know; I've never played it nor its predecessor.
    >

    Pity. If you are an action-game fan, you are missing out on some great
    fun. Try BF1942 first... in MP only. SP only for training. The bots
    are nowhere as good as those in BF2... where a few real SP bugs
    related to bot behavior still need to get sorted. A good broadband
    connection for either game is mandatory.
    >

    John Lewis

    >stePH
    >--
    >"Let me guess -- my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you,
    >I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
    >-- The Doctor
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games IBM Servers Video Games