Vietcong 2

There's a movie and some informative screenshots
of this game over on 3DGamers. I thought the original
was very under-rated by many, though possibly
because it had some bugs. Anyone know if it's the
same developer/team involved?

--
-pm

http://oceanclub.blogspot.com

"The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying
to send back soup in a deli."

"Paul Moloney" <paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> There's a movie and some informative screenshots
> of this game over on 3DGamers. I thought the original
> was very under-rated by many, though possibly
> because it had some bugs. Anyone know if it's the
> same developer/team involved?
>
> --
> -pm

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have been feeling the lure of
COD lately, as the luster from BF2 fades slightly' however, I think that I
shall re-install Vietcong Purple Haze, and give it another go.
I only hope that I can withstand the dialog (god it was just awful in the
first one--a bit better in Fist Alpha).

--

Dr. Dickie
"Let be be finale of seem.

Andrew

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:32:54 +0100, "Paul Moloney"
<paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote:

>There's a movie and some informative screenshots
>of this game over on 3DGamers. I thought the original
>was very under-rated by many, though possibly
>because it had some bugs. Anyone know if it's the
>same developer/team involved?

I watched the weapon footage yesterday, and while the weapons look
great, the other graphics looked worryingly consolely.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:12:08 +0100, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:32:54 +0100, "Paul Moloney"
><paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>There's a movie and some informative screenshots
>>of this game over on 3DGamers. I thought the original
>>was very under-rated by many, though possibly
>>because it had some bugs. Anyone know if it's the
>>same developer/team involved?
>
>I watched the weapon footage yesterday, and while the weapons look
>great, the other graphics looked worryingly consolely.

Also not one of the screenshots I have seen shows the HUD. I suspect the
"consoley" thing will be established or not once we see that.

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

>I think that I
> shall re-install Vietcong Purple Haze, and give it another go.

Also get the Red Dawn add-on that was released recently.

rms

"Dr. Dickie" <Dr_Dickie@chembench.com> wrote in message

> I only hope that I can withstand the dialog (god it was just awful in the
> first one--a bit better in Fist Alpha).

I had a theory that your character says inane things about the
Vietcong simply because he _is_ meant to be inane - an
innocent plonked down in the middle of a war he can't
understand. Not sure how that theory stands up, mind. ;)

P.

> "Dr. Dickie" <Dr_Dickie@chembench.com> wrote in message
>
> > I only hope that I can withstand the dialog (god it was just awful in
the
> > first one--a bit better in Fist Alpha).
>
> I had a theory that your character says inane things about the
> Vietcong simply because he _is_ meant to be inane - an
> innocent plonked down in the middle of a war he can't
> understand. Not sure how that theory stands up, mind. ;)
>
> P.

It isn't even what he says that gets to me so much (although, yes he is lame
as hell), it's that deadpan, staccato delivery that just irritates the hell
out of me. The good-ol-boy guy in Fist Alpha is more tolerable..barely.
But it was, and still is, a great game.
--

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> >I think that I
> > shall re-install Vietcong Purple Haze, and give it another go.
>
> Also get the Red Dawn add-on that was released recently.
>
> rms

Isn't that just for multiplayer gamming?
I just sit alone at home (before she-who-must-be-obeyed gets home) and play
in 30 minute intervals. I don't see myself getting into online (dial-up
modem) games for at least another 5-10 years.

--

Dr. Dickie
"Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream."
-- Wallace Stevens

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

>> Also get the Red Dawn add-on that was released recently.
> Isn't that just for multiplayer gaming?

No, it includes a single long sp-mission, sniper-oriented so you can
hone your bullet-whine tracking skills :)

rms