Closed

Motorola V400 unlock question

Last response: in Brands
Share
July 26, 2004 12:16:46 AM

Just to be clear, I do NOT want to flex or replace the firmware of my phone,
I just want to unlock my FIDO phone so I can change sim cards when I travel.

I own the Motorola made (not a knockoff) USB cable as well.

Is there any software that exists that will allow me to unlock my phone?
(preferably free) or does this not exist? I have read tons of conflicting
stuff...
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 2:28:41 AM

"JC" <johnny_canuck@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o yUMc.89834$Rf.35718@edtnps84...
> Just to be clear, I do NOT want to flex or replace the firmware of my
phone,
> I just want to unlock my FIDO phone so I can change sim cards when I
travel.

> I own the Motorola made (not a knockoff) USB cable as well.
>
> Is there any software that exists that will allow me to unlock my
phone?
> (preferably free) or does this not exist? I have read tons of
conflicting
> stuff...

I don't know of any free unlock service. Plenty of for-fee places will
do it.
My own personal experience is that I bought a V400 from Cingular, and it
came unlocked. I have read others say that a V400 bought from ATTWS
will be locked.

--
John
Anonymous

I also bought my V400 from Cingular. How can I tell if it is locked or
unlocked?

--

Thanks.

"John Hawkes" <jrhawkes@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message

> "JC" <johnny_canuck@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o yUMc.89834$Rf.35718@edtnps84...
> > Just to be clear, I do NOT want to flex or replace the firmware of my
> phone,
> > I just want to unlock my FIDO phone so I can change sim cards when I
> travel.
> >
> > I own the Motorola made (not a knockoff) USB cable as well.
> >
> > Is there any software that exists that will allow me to unlock my
> phone?
> > (preferably free) or does this not exist? I have read tons of
> conflicting
> > stuff...
>
> I don't know of any free unlock service. Plenty of for-fee places will
> do it.
> My own personal experience is that I bought a V400 from Cingular, and it
> came unlocked. I have read others say that a V400 bought from ATTWS
> will be locked.
>
> --
> John

July 26, 2004 2:50:21 AM

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com>
* Newsgroup: alt.cellular.motorola
* Reply to: All; "Saucer Man" <saucerman@nospam.com>
* Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:50:20 GMT
* Subj: Re: Motorola V400 unlock question

SM> I also bought my V400 from Cingular. How can I tell if it is
SM> locked or unlocked?

Cingular's V400 tri-band phones are not locked. You should be good to
go.
--
Jack
Anonymous

"Jack D. Russell, Sr." <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com> wrote in message
[snip]
> Cingular's V400 tri-band phones are not locked. You should be good to
> go.
[snip]

V400s are quad-band phones.
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 5:20:49 AM

The V400 cannot be unlocked for FREE like NOKIA's etc. Do yourself a favor,
pay someone to unlock the phone and save yourself ALOT of heartache.

"JC" <johnny_canuck@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o yUMc.89834$Rf.35718@edtnps84...
> Just to be clear, I do NOT want to flex or replace the firmware of my
phone,
> I just want to unlock my FIDO phone so I can change sim cards when I
travel.

> I own the Motorola made (not a knockoff) USB cable as well.
>
> Is there any software that exists that will allow me to unlock my phone?
> (preferably free) or does this not exist? I have read tons of conflicting
> stuff...

July 26, 2004 5:43:36 AM

"Saucer Man" <saucerman@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I also bought my V400 from Cingular. How can I tell if it is locked or
> unlocked?
>
> --
>
> Thanks.

It is unlocked. Mine works fine outside the USA with locally purchased SIMs.
July 26, 2004 11:34:23 AM

mine is DEFINTELY locked, I tried my friends Rogers Sim card (since I am on
FIDO) and it didn't work, it asked for that provider # (which means it is
locked).

Do you know that if once a phone has been unlocked, could it ever be locked
(by accident) with a firmware upgrade?

Thanks

"John Hawkes" <jrhawkes@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message

> "JC" <johnny_canuck@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o yUMc.89834$Rf.35718@edtnps84...
> > Just to be clear, I do NOT want to flex or replace the firmware of my
> phone,
> > I just want to unlock my FIDO phone so I can change sim cards when I
> travel.
> >
> > I own the Motorola made (not a knockoff) USB cable as well.
> >
> > Is there any software that exists that will allow me to unlock my
> phone?
> > (preferably free) or does this not exist? I have read tons of
> conflicting
> > stuff...
>
> I don't know of any free unlock service. Plenty of for-fee places will
> do it.
> My own personal experience is that I bought a V400 from Cingular, and it
> came unlocked. I have read others say that a V400 bought from ATTWS
> will be locked.
>
> --
> John

July 26, 2004 11:34:24 AM

what do you mean by heartache (do you mean it is potentially dangerous?)

I did a Siemens phone, was pretty easy.

Figure if there are a ton of places offering the service (for a fee) that
any Joe-schmo with the right software (i.e. unlocker software + unlock
codes) could do it, provided that special hardware (other than an official
motorola USB data cable) is NOT required? (Is special hardware required?)

Thanks

"PDA Man" <pda@man.com> wrote in message
> The V400 cannot be unlocked for FREE like NOKIA's etc. Do yourself a
favor,
> pay someone to unlock the phone and save yourself ALOT of heartache.
>

> "JC" <johnny_canuck@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o yUMc.89834$Rf.35718@edtnps84...
> > Just to be clear, I do NOT want to flex or replace the firmware of my
> phone,
> > I just want to unlock my FIDO phone so I can change sim cards when I
> travel.
> >
> > I own the Motorola made (not a knockoff) USB cable as well.
> >
> > Is there any software that exists that will allow me to unlock my phone?
> > (preferably free) or does this not exist? I have read tons of
conflicting
> > stuff...

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 9:26:56 PM

"Saucer Man" <saucerman@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I also bought my V400 from Cingular. How can I tell if it is locked
or
> unlocked?

It is probably unlocked.
One way to check is to find someone else with a GSM phone, and borrow
their SIM and try it in your phone. If your phone is locked, then you
won't get far.

--
John
February 3, 2011 2:36:42 PM

Software unlock will damage your mobile and sometime it will not work properly, So i suggest you to visit this website http://www.onlinegsmunlock.com/motorola-v400 to unlock your Motorola V400 at reliable cost..... I suggest this website because they doing good service and also your mobile will unlock in an hour....
February 8, 2011 4:44:37 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!