MN-520: Adapter settings greyed out

Hello All,

Yesterday I purchased and installed a Wireless Notebook Kit MN-620.
Network connection is fine (You have the proof in front of you).

I want to enable security encryption on the notebook:
- Open Network Utility.
- Tools / Adapter Settings
- Active Wireless Adapter Wireless-B Notebook Adapter MN-520.

What I understand is that I would be able to configure the adapter
settings. But that area is totally greyed out.
What should I do different?

Installed is Windows XP SP2-RC1.
Base Station firmware and notbook software are all updated.

Thank you,
Wilbert
1 answer Last reply
More about adapter settings greyed

    SP2 isn't officially supported, but do NOT use the network utility.
    Use the native wireless zero configuration built into windows xp to
    configure wireless. Make sure that the wireless zero configuration
    service is running. Start, run, services.msc [ok]. Scroll the list of
    services and make sure it is started --

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist