2 computers behind the same router

italianmonti

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
A friend of mine is staying with me for awhile and I just realized that when we play MW3 we have a hell of time getting into games together. So I did some research and found out its difficult to run two computers to the same IP because of conflict.

I was like cool. I'll call verizon fios and have then explain how to fix it. She told me its a paid service to fix this but I need to set each computer to its own ports and configure them to actual ports being fowarded to. I've looked for 5 hours now and not a clue how to make it so two computers and connect to the same IP without conflict under the same router.

I have tested PnP, DMZ, Port towarding, Port triggering.

The only thing I've seen that is what i'm looking for, Plug N Play writes the standard 192.168.1.3:pORT with several variations of ports to the same Ports/service.

How can I configure my router to work with games like this correctly without bridging connections and such.

Thanks in advanced.

italianmonti

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I was able to play a few games just recently,. but If i go into a game and he joins on me he cannot connect. There has to be a configuration without spending more money to get this working.

italianmonti

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009

Okay, so then why when I play by with people from outside my intranet they do not have a problem playing with me. However, when they on my internet we cannot find a game or thery cannot connect to me. I was just reading that the packets only go to me, not to him. it may be different with steam but I've had this problem a few years back with mw2 and bf3.