Rounded Floppy Cable Question...

dinoX

Distinguished
May 1, 2001
I recently bought a rounded floppy cable to hook up to my computer to permit a better flow of air inside. What I bought was the cable with only ONE connector on the end. This was a bad thing, b/c the floppy drive is now not recognized. Now I will have to wait a week for the one with 2 connectors on the end to arrive that I just ordered.

My question being is there any way to get that one connector cable to have my mobo recognize the drive? There isn't a slave connector on it I suppose I'm trying to say...otherwise, guess I'm stuck till next week with the normal ribbon connectors. :\

[If loving AMD processors is the path to the Dark Side, consider me a Sith Lord. (dinoX aka Black Dog)]

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Hmmm.

Soundz like you've either got a bad wire/pin, or you have the connector on upside down.

Check the connector (it's been a while with mine; I don't remember if they have the little tab on the top), then after that it's either shoot wirez or buy a new cable.

P@ll4dium f0r L1f3!

buddry

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
Make sure you have the connectors on the right way. Pin 1 should be marked on both the cable and the drive.

<font color=blue>Unofficial Forum Cop</font color=blue>

dinoX

Distinguished
May 1, 2001
thanks for the suggestions. i put the old ribbon in till I get the 3-connector one I ordered from Newegg. Luckily, I was able to get an RMA and can send this one back. :D

[If loving AMD processors is the path to the Dark Side, consider me a Sith Lord. (dinoX aka Black Dog)]