Not able to connect to any servers

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong section, didn't know where else to put this.

I've been having this problem for the past few weeks, if not months. For a few days, or maybe around a week lol, I havent been able to connect to any Game-servers, may that be Steam, League of Legends, Guild Wars 2 or any of that. I have opened all ports, firewalls are disabled/uninstalled. I've seriously tried every single thing I've read, but I can't get anything to work. My sister can play without any problems, so I think it has something to do with my PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
15 answers Last reply
More about connect servers
  1. Bump, really need some help with this.
  2. First off, do you have internet connectivity on your PC?
  3. Yes, anything internet-related works, only thing that doesn't work is connecting to any games at all.

Here's also something that might help http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca253f-837-1ac6dbde-e999-4cbf-ab9f
  4. Has anything on your network changed recently? A new router perhaps?
  5. Nope, nothing, have had everything for I think 2 years now. My router is a Netgear RP614v4 and I have a Zyxel ES-105A switch on my desk.
  6. What happens if you remove the switch and connect directly to the router? Is your sisters PC connected to that switch?
  7. My sister is on wireless, and connecting directly with the router didn't help :/
  8. Also, I can't direct my PC directly with my router, tried, not possible.
  9. It's something to do with your PC for sure. Did you install anything right before this happened?
  10. Nope, don't think so.
  11. Hmm, what operating system and what anti-virus/firewall.
  12. I've powercycled everything yesterday and it seems to work again :). I always only just restart router and switch and not everything, propbably should do that more.
  13. So everything is up and working again like it is supposed to be? Good.
  14. Don't forget to select best answer to close the thread.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connection Servers Networking