HS810 vs HS820 Bluetooth Headsets

Last response: in Brands
July 27, 2004 12:22:12 AM

Has anyone used both the Motorola HS810 and HS820 headsets and can
share the good, bad, and ugly? I'm thinking of buying one or the
other to use with a V600 and will probably go with the HS810 lacking
any other input.

--
BrZ
Anonymous

benzplan9 a exprimé avec précision :
> Has anyone used both the Motorola HS810 and HS820 headsets and can share the
> good, bad, and ugly? I'm thinking of buying one or the other to use with a
> V600 and will probably go with the HS810 lacking any other input.

Hi there,

My V600 was shipped with the HS810 and this one seems to work
correctly. What I appreciate compared to other BT headsets is that you
can fold it and therefore stop battery consumption. Also, voice
recognition is quite efficient.

Well, I like it.

--
Olivier
Anonymous

Only thing I don't like about the HS810 is that it has a constantly flashing
blue led, makes me feel a bit childish/robot like sitting there in my car
with people pointing, I have taken to wearing on my left ear to avoid the
embracement, there again suppose I could also grow my hair long! other than
that it works fine.

"benzplan9" <benzplan9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone used both the Motorola HS810 and HS820 headsets and can
> share the good, bad, and ugly? I'm thinking of buying one or the
> other to use with a V600 and will probably go with the HS810 lacking
> any other input.
>
> --
> BrZ
July 28, 2004 5:23:20 PM

I thought I read in the manual that you could turn off the blue flashing
LED. I do not have my manual anymore, but maybe someone else can verify it.

"wps" <th012h1878@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Only thing I don't like about the HS810 is that it has a constantly
flashing
> blue led, makes me feel a bit childish/robot like sitting there in my car
> with people pointing, I have taken to wearing on my left ear to avoid the
> embracement, there again suppose I could also grow my hair long! other
than
> that it works fine.
>

> "benzplan9" <benzplan9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone used both the Motorola HS810 and HS820 headsets and can
> > share the good, bad, and ugly? I'm thinking of buying one or the
> > other to use with a V600 and will probably go with the HS810 lacking
> > any other input.
> >
> > --
> > BrZ

July 29, 2004 6:42:37 AM

it flashes once every 20 secs during a call, not constant. Kind of cool.

--
Steve
"Lathan" <lathan@cox.net> wrote in message
> I thought I read in the manual that you could turn off the blue flashing
> LED. I do not have my manual anymore, but maybe someone else can verify
it.

> "wps" <th012h1878@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Only thing I don't like about the HS810 is that it has a constantly
> flashing
> > blue led, makes me feel a bit childish/robot like sitting there in my
car
> > with people pointing, I have taken to wearing on my left ear to avoid
the
> > embracement, there again suppose I could also grow my hair long! other
> than
> > that it works fine.
> >

> > "benzplan9" <benzplan9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone used both the Motorola HS810 and HS820 headsets and can
> > > share the good, bad, and ugly? I'm thinking of buying one or the
> > > other to use with a V600 and will probably go with the HS810 lacking
> > > any other input.
> > >
> > > --
> > > BrZ

Anonymous
July 29, 2004 1:30:07 PM

I kinda like the fact that you push the logo to init voice commands...kinda
like the Star Trek uniform communicators...
"wps" <th012h1878@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Only thing I don't like about the HS810 is that it has a constantly
flashing
> blue led, makes me feel a bit childish/robot like sitting there in my car
> with people pointing, I have taken to wearing on my left ear to avoid the
> embracement, there again suppose I could also grow my hair long! other
than
> that it works fine.
>

> "benzplan9" <benzplan9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone used both the Motorola HS810 and HS820 headsets and can
> > share the good, bad, and ugly? I'm thinking of buying one or the
> > other to use with a V600 and will probably go with the HS810 lacking
> > any other input.
> >
> > --
> > BrZ

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 6:26:54 AM

I just received the HS820 yesterday. Connecting to my V600 was flawless.
Great sound quality at both ends of phone conversation. Fits great, after a
few minutes I even forgot I had it looped around my ear.
This is my first Bluetooth headset. I am pleasantly surprised.
Mike

"The unknown Posterchild" <asleep@thewheel.com> wrote in message
> I kinda like the fact that you push the logo to init voice
commands...kinda
> like the Star Trek uniform communicators...
> "wps" <th012h1878@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Only thing I don't like about the HS810 is that it has a constantly
> flashing
> > blue led, makes me feel a bit childish/robot like sitting there in my
car
> > with people pointing, I have taken to wearing on my left ear to avoid
the
> > embracement, there again suppose I could also grow my hair long! other
> than
> > that it works fine.
> >

> > "benzplan9" <benzplan9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone used both the Motorola HS810 and HS820 headsets and can
> > > share the good, bad, and ugly? I'm thinking of buying one or the
> > > other to use with a V600 and will probably go with the HS810 lacking
> > > any other input.
> > >
> > > --
> > > BrZ

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 11:47:35 AM

In article <HehNc.22245$GT3.3656@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
benzplan9 <benzplan9@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone used both the Motorola HS810 and HS820 headsets and can
> share the good, bad, and ugly?

I realize that this is fairly old, but I asked Motorola support the same
question; here's what they said:

- The HS810 Bluetooth headset has an active, folding boom. This means
that opening and closing the boom on the HS810 will activate/deactivate
the headset (answer/disconnect a call). The Motorola HS820 unit does not
offer this feature.

- The HS820 headset comes in grey, gloss black and teal colors (only the
teal color is available at the moment, other colors have not been
released yet).

- The inside part that rests up against your ear on the Motorola HS810
is different than the HS820 Bluetooth piece which may or may not be more
comfortable depending on your preference.

- The HS820 headset supports both Bluetooth v1.1 and v1.2 (Bluetooth 1.2
devices are not expected to be available until sometime in 2005). The
HS810 Bluetooth headset only supports Bluetooth v1.1 .

- The Motorola HS810 comes with a carrying case and lanyard; however,
the HS820 does not.

- The HS820 Bluetooth headset weighs 0.01 ounces more than the HS820.
[sic]

- With the HS820 Bluetooth unit you will be able to use the conference
call and voice dialing features. Those options are not currently
available on the Motorola HS810.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous

Michelle Steiner a exposé le 16/08/2004 :
> - With the HS820 Bluetooth unit you will be able to use the conference
> call and voice dialing features. Those options are not currently
> available on the Motorola HS810.

Of course you get voice dialing and conf call with HS810. I use them
with my V600.

--
Olivier
Anonymous

In article <mn.8b717d48bc64d2b2.13762@NOPAINhotmail.com>,
Olivier <otregerNOSPAM@NOPAINhotmail.com> wrote:

> > - With the HS820 Bluetooth unit you will be able to use the
> > conference call and voice dialing features. Those options are not
> > currently available on the Motorola HS810.
>
> Of course you get voice dialing and conf call with HS810. I use them
> with my V600.

Well, all I did was copy and paste what Motorola support wrote to me.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
!