Increasing auto-off time on T|E

May 16, 2004 8:46:45 PM

Hi there!
I'm trying to find a soft where I can set my Palm to turn off after,
lets say, 2 hours. I have tried a few I found on palmgear, but non was
much good. Also, something that was not programmed in 1998. Device is T|E

Thanks for any recommendations,
Marko

More about : increasing auto time

Anonymous
May 17, 2004 1:29:45 AM

I'm amazed. Mine will only just run for two hours and then the
battery's flat.

Do you know of some secret for long battery life?

Steve
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 1:29:46 AM

Staiger <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
> I'm amazed. Mine will only just run for two hours and then the
> battery's flat.
>
> Do you know of some secret for long battery life?

With Li-Ion and Li-Polymer batteries, the recipe is simple:
Charge as often as you can, and NEVER let the batteries run completely down,
cause it harms the battery.

--
*Art
May 17, 2004 2:36:14 PM

Staiger wrote:
> I'm amazed. Mine will only just run for two hours and then the
> battery's flat.
>
> Do you know of some secret for long battery life?

Actually I never had it on for 2 hours. However, I use energy dimmer to
reduce the brightness of the screen. When indoors I set it on 25%
brightnes and that's enough for me. When outside I increse it.
Anyway, back to that "off software". I actually needed it for something
like when I go to sleep I plug my Tungsten in to charger, start my MP3
player, with some unknown software set it to turn off in half, one or
maybe 2 hours so I can fall asleep with no worries.

Thanks,
Marko
!